Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2022, 01:50 PM

122 posts, read 119,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheekiwi View Post
Hey guys! Quick update from my end - I got approved for a unit and I’m in the process of signing a lease now. Overall the entire process took about a month and a half. Good luck and I hope it moves just as fast for you all!
Amazing! Congrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2022, 12:14 PM

25 posts, read 22,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycheekiwi View Post
Hey guys! Quick update from my end - I got approved for a unit and I’m in the process of signing a lease now. Overall the entire process took about a month and a half. Good luck and I hope it moves just as fast for you all!
What was your log number? Did you have to send in missing documents? Why is it taking so long for me :/

Old 03-26-2022, 04:04 PM

271 posts, read 310,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedtjay View Post
What was your log number? Did you have to send in missing documents? Why is it taking so long for me :/
I believe her log was in the 70’s from an earlier post

Old 03-27-2022, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 3,689 times
Hi All! Been peeping into this forum during my process so thought I'd give an update on my application. My partner and I were contacted to submit forms in mid-February. We submitted and saw the building two weeks ago. After seeing the building and selecting a unit, we went in to sign affidavits, and then they asked for more paperwork. We finally got our file submitted last week. When we were at the management office last, they mentioned an April 1st move in. Definitely seems like they are moving fast to get these units rented.

My Log number is #7X. I hope that helps! The process is really long and they will keep asking for documents so have everything ready. We had to resubmit a few documents.

Hoping we hear back at the top of the week and sign for April 1st. I'll touch base here with updates as I receive them

Good luck everyone!

Old 03-28-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkl View Post
Hi All! Been peeping into this forum during my process so thought I'd give an update on my application. My partner and I were contacted to submit forms in mid-February. We submitted and saw the building two weeks ago. After seeing the building and selecting a unit, we went in to sign affidavits, and then they asked for more paperwork. We finally got our file submitted last week. When we were at the management office last, they mentioned an April 1st move in. Definitely seems like they are moving fast to get these units rented.

My Log number is #7X. I hope that helps! The process is really long and they will keep asking for documents so have everything ready. We had to resubmit a few documents.

Hoping we hear back at the top of the week and sign for April 1st. I'll touch base here with updates as I receive them

Good luck everyone!
Wait, at what point did you sign affidavits? I viewed a unit a couple weeks ago but never signed affidavits

Old 03-28-2022, 01:39 PM

4 posts, read 3,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedtjay View Post
Wait, at what point did you sign affidavits? I viewed a unit a couple weeks ago but never signed affidavits
We saw the apartment on a Thursday and signed the docs on that following Monday. We did express the desire to move at a faster pace and had been in regular communication with the management office so not sure if that helped.

Old 03-28-2022, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,635 times
Do you guys think there's still a chance for 38XX?

Old 03-28-2022, 03:56 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,424,274 times
Are they still processing CB or are they now on to the general public ?

Old 03-28-2022, 04:00 PM

43 posts, read 52,050 times
There is no CB for this building! I submitted my docs a month ago, but have not heard back!

Old 03-29-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkl View Post
We saw the apartment on a Thursday and signed the docs on that following Monday. We did express the desire to move at a faster pace and had been in regular communication with the management office so not sure if that helped.
Oh wow. Would you call them or email them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery