Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 06:01 AM

116 posts, read 141,856 times

Advertisements

Plank Road Apartments In Brooklyn / Community Board 8 Now listed https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2392
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 07:17 AM

135 posts, read 198,483 times
Looks great! Will apply

Old 11-15-2021, 07:29 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,035,009 times
Studio rent is quite cheap for a 130% AMI, the market units don't look tiny and are all alcove. Even though I am good where I am close by, I threw my hat in, even if they charge for amenities. I mean pool and in-unit w/d...management is the same as my current building, and they are good. The building's kitchen cabinets look exactly like mine now, lol.

Last edited by popartist; 11-15-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 11-15-2021, 04:26 PM

412 posts, read 594,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Studio rent is quite cheap for a 130% AMI, the market units don't look tiny and are all alcove. Even though I am good where I am close by, I threw my hat in, even if they charge for amenities. I mean pool and in-unit w/d...management is the same as my current building, and they are good. The building's kitchen cabinets look exactly like mine now, lol.
Do you think it's going to be loud since it's right behind barclays?
I feel like because the studios are so much cheaper, they won't be these alcoves but in unit w/d is nice.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Do you think it's going to be loud since it's right behind barclays?
I feel like because the studios are so much cheaper, they won't be these alcoves but in unit w/d is nice.
I don't think so, they usually put in good noise abating windows in these cases. I have the tallest building going up about 50 feet away from my window and I don't really hear anything. I checked out the studios that were listed on Streeteasy and all four lines of them had alcoves, unless they're holding out an entire line just for lottery apts.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I don't think so, they usually put in good noise abating windows in these cases. I have the tallest building going up about 50 feet away from my window and I don't really hear anything. I checked out the studios that were listed on Streeteasy and all four lines of them had alcoves, unless they're holding out an entire line just for lottery apts.
I checked at work earlier haha. Couldn't post because I couldn't remember my forum password.
Streeteasy didn't list the floor plan for the building so I'm not sure how many lines/layouts they have. If all the studios are alcoves, this is a steal! But TBH it seems unlikely. Because the 1 bed rent seems on par with other 130 AMI lotteries, slightly on the lower side even. The studios are much cheaper and I feel like if the market rate studios are 3k, they wouldn't be similar in size.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I checked at work earlier haha. Couldn't post because I couldn't remember my forum password.
Streeteasy didn't list the floor plan for the building so I'm not sure how many lines/layouts they have. If all the studios are alcoves, this is a steal! But TBH it seems unlikely. Because the 1 bed rent seems on par with other 130 AMI lotteries, slightly on the lower side even. The studios are much cheaper and I feel like if the market rate studios are 3k, they wouldn't be similar in size.
Well the alcove for one of the studio lines might not be as well suited for a bedroom but definitely can work as home office or dining space, but the others can work as a sleeping area.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Well the alcove for one of the studio lines might not be as well suited for a bedroom but definitely can work as home office or dining space, but the others can work as a sleeping area.
https://streeteasy.com/building/plank-road/20k

For anyone who's interested.

It's the same issue as 1 Boerum. You can use it as a bedroom but the smaller alcove is always by the door so do you really want your bed by the front door? They're all fairly large though. I've seen some micro studios for higher rent. In unit washer and dryer is also a plus.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
https://streeteasy.com/building/plank-road/20k

For anyone who's interested.

It's the same issue as 1 Boerum. You can use it as a bedroom but the smaller alcove is always by the door so do you really want your bed by the front door? They're all fairly large though. I've seen some micro studios for higher rent. In unit washer and dryer is also a plus.
The one you posted is not bad for a bedroom though, it's big enough and there's a bit of separation there from the entry, I'd use it for a bed.

This was the one I was talking about that is not as suited to being a sleeping space: https://streeteasy.com/building/plank-road/15l Has a nice walk in closet though! J line alcove also more suited to home office or dining use, I think.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:35 AM

Building has 28 floors so I guess it is possible for them to have a line of non-alcove studios set aside for affordable housing. Rent on the 1 bed is nice too so I'm sure it's a popular lottery. I don't want to get my hopes up and then feel like 1 boerum where it was kind of a let down and my log number was super high..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery