Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2024, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 1,035 times

Advertisements

To anyone living near the elevator banks like 1-bed H line, do you ever hear the elevator mechanical or rope sounds from your bedroom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 1,035 times
To follow up, have you ever tried reaching out to the building management and what was their response? I am constantly hearing clanging/banging sounds of the elevator or whatever building mechanical sound.

Old 02-26-2024, 03:40 PM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemumnyc View Post
To follow up, have you ever tried reaching out to the building management and what was their response? I am constantly hearing clanging/banging sounds of the elevator or whatever building mechanical sound.
I am on the L line and never hear anything and I am next to the elevator. I have heard clanging but it was from the heat/ac not the elevator.

Old 02-26-2024, 08:17 PM

33 posts, read 15,460 times
I find it comical that there is a petition to let doormen sit during their shifts yet there are people with NO heat paying to live here.

Old 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemumnyc View Post

If you are almost above the library this would make sense. Resident units start at the 15th floor, so any sounds traveling up could echo.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:11 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanysanders92 View Post
I find it comical that there is a petition to let doormen sit during their shifts yet there are people with NO heat paying to live here.
I don't really have an issue with letting them sit. I suppose the issue of not having heat is not widespread enough some people are too hot some are too cold each individual is supposed to deal with it themselves and talk to management. My heater was not working I filled a request and they fixed it but most of the time my apartment is hot enough without even turning it on, it doesn't go below 70 degrees unless I have the A/C as an option.

Old 02-27-2024, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I don't really have an issue with letting them sit. I suppose the issue of not having heat is not widespread enough some people are too hot some are too cold each individual is supposed to deal with it themselves and talk to management. My heater was not working I filled a request and they fixed it but most of the time my apartment is hot enough without even turning it on, it doesn't go below 70 degrees unless I have the A/C as an option.

It already feels like a gym locker in the front, the bro banter and overcrowding behind the desk is annoying in the evening. There should only be 2 doormen I was told, sometimes there are 6 people behind the desk (standing) having conversations amongst each other that you have to excuse them from to help you. I appreciate door men being eye level and being attentive to guests or requests, for that reason I will not sign the petition. Personally I feel there are greater issues in the building that require petition's! If your heat is functioning that is great! my cat is shivering and this has caused a lot of stress to my life. I made tickets and it never gets warm in my unit.

Old 02-28-2024, 10:33 AM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
my cat is shivering and this has caused a lot of stress to my life. I made tickets and it never gets warm in my unit.
I am so curious about this heat problem. Does it occur in parts of the building that face a certain direction? Do the units with this problem have something in common?

Old 02-28-2024, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
I am so curious about this heat problem. Does it occur in parts of the building that face a certain direction? Do the units with this problem have something in common?
I have been curious about this too, people are moving out cos of the heat issue so they must not be able to address it in certain parts of the building, and are keeping it under wraps like it's not a problem.

do you have working heat? can you feel hot air? I feel nothing but cold air at all times, have never felt any warmth .

Old 02-28-2024, 12:33 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
do you have working heat? can you feel hot air? I feel nothing but cold air at all times, have never felt any warmth .
yes; I have no AC or heat problems.
(I assume you are not mistakenly using the fan - right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery