Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 04:34 PM

3 posts, read 1,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyamin230 View Post
whats your log number range?
my log number is 26xx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 06:24 AM

116 posts, read 45,718 times
That ain’t right I got a lower log number with cb for this lottery and didn’t get called to send in documents from this what’s going on with these lottery’s

Old 03-14-2024, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 523 times
Angry Dirty Bathroom!

I toured a unit in this building complex 2 weeks ago and the bathroom was dirty. The tour lady which I'm assuming is the property manager, said no one had lived in it before.

So, why was there a crusty magic eraser on the bathroom sink counter top, yellow toilet bowl rings, and nasty sticky bathroom floor? I am suppose to move in soon, and idk if they cleaned it.

The rent stabilized lease document, 2. Condition 'As Is', states "Renter acknowledges inspecting the apartment prior to signing this lease and accepts apartment in the condition it is in as of such inspection. Renter acknowledges that the apartment is free of defects. Owner warrants that the apartment and building are fit for habitation and there are no conditions dangerous to health, life or safety." Then in another document "Rockaway Village Apartments: House Rules & Regulations" under the 5. Making Changes to Your Apartment, states "Prior to moving to Rockaway Village, your apartment has been carefully cleaned and painted." In that same document, 14. Moving In, states "Once signing your lease and prior to moving into your home, the lessee and management will inspect your apartment, noting any deficiencies that need correction. You will be asked to sign the unit inspection sheet, a copy of which will be given to you for your records; a copy will be kept in your resident file."

I contacted the building complex and was given attitude, because I wanted to know how the process will be. She said that they "clean the apartments out of courtesy IF THEY HAVE TIME!" Like whatt? Idk what to do. I was thinking of signing the lease on the move-in date, because I'll be in the apartment and look around.

Last edited by ciciaqur; 03-14-2024 at 09:40 AM..

Old 03-19-2024, 10:04 AM

25 posts, read 15,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I see you're from Brooklyn, what do you think of the neighborhood? This is where I'm from and I grew up in the area, so I always like to hear what new people think.
I like the area right next to five towns which is pretty nice i just need to get use to the distance from the city since im use to only being 25 mins away from manhattan

Old 03-19-2024, 10:07 AM

25 posts, read 15,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciciaqur View Post
I toured a unit in this building complex 2 weeks ago and the bathroom was dirty. The tour lady which I'm assuming is the property manager, said no one had lived in it before.

So, why was there a crusty magic eraser on the bathroom sink counter top, yellow toilet bowl rings, and nasty sticky bathroom floor? I am suppose to move in soon, and idk if they cleaned it.

The rent stabilized lease document, 2. Condition 'As Is', states "Renter acknowledges inspecting the apartment prior to signing this lease and accepts apartment in the condition it is in as of such inspection. Renter acknowledges that the apartment is free of defects. Owner warrants that the apartment and building are fit for habitation and there are no conditions dangerous to health, life or safety." Then in another document "Rockaway Village Apartments: House Rules & Regulations" under the 5. Making Changes to Your Apartment, states "Prior to moving to Rockaway Village, your apartment has been carefully cleaned and painted." In that same document, 14. Moving In, states "Once signing your lease and prior to moving into your home, the lessee and management will inspect your apartment, noting any deficiencies that need correction. You will be asked to sign the unit inspection sheet, a copy of which will be given to you for your records; a copy will be kept in your resident file."

I contacted the building complex and was given attitude, because I wanted to know how the process will be. She said that they "clean the apartments out of courtesy IF THEY HAVE TIME!" Like whatt? Idk what to do. I was thinking of signing the lease on the move-in date, because I'll be in the apartment and look around.
My unit was clean thank god other than some dust but the leasing office ladies seem rude i thought i just caught one on the wrong day. they said inspect but all that happened was us checking to the water was on

Old 04-01-2024, 04:08 PM

3,862 posts, read 3,163,358 times
If anyone can help... i was notified to submit documents as well. Have no been to the area since 1979,lol!

Questions I have about crime, demographics, services nearby. Is this near the projects? Any latino restaurants? Zoned High School? Parking? Regrets?

Some tenants that have moved in or very familiar with the area, please share...

Old 04-05-2024, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 697 times
Hii, I just got approved for 1720! I wanted to know how far back do they allow the move in date to be? My current lease ends in June and im hoping to set the move in date for that date as well.

Did they give any push back for that at all? I go to see the unit on Monday, super excited! How do you like the building so far

Old 04-05-2024, 03:24 PM

8 posts, read 7,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminnee View Post
Hii, I just got approved for 1720! I wanted to know how far back do they allow the move in date to be? My current lease ends in June and im hoping to set the move in date for that date as well.

Did they give any push back for that at all? I go to see the unit on Monday, super excited! How do you like the building so far
Congratulations!!!!!! 1720 is located more closer to Mott Ave strip. If you’re facing the front it may be a little loud.

As far a pushback I too requested more time because I had to give my landlord 30 days notice. They stated they would give me 2 months free if I moved in within the same month. This was about 4 days after viewing the 2 units.

Not sure if they will let you wait until June because they are moving a lot of people in quickly. But they may give you at least till May.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:34 PM

8 posts, read 7,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
If anyone can help... i was notified to submit documents as well. Have no been to the area since 1979,lol!

Questions I have about crime, demographics, services nearby. Is this near the projects? Any latino restaurants? Zoned High School? Parking? Regrets?

Some tenants that have moved in or very familiar with the area, please share...
Hello,

The cluster of buildings are located near Redfern Projects. Street parking is not good. Especially after about 6:00pm. Parking is offered for residents that live in Village Lane. Regular size parking is about $135 a month and suv is $185.

Crime doesn’t seem too bad so far. I did have to pull my knife out on a crazy guy. But nothing too scary. It’s still NYC we live in. The area also isn’t too dangerous as there is a precinct near and in close proximity to Jewish people.

There are a diverse amount restaurants and the neighborhood is very diverse which I do appreciate. If you drive it’s even better because you can go to 5 Towns which is about 10 minutes away from Village Lane. (Many different shopping/food options there)

As far schools, I’m not too happy with. I have my son still attending his old school as schools in the area are not up to par as far as academics and transparency, in my opinion. But you must make that judgment for yourself.

My only complaints so far is that the parking lot is not 24 hours. I refuse to pay for a lot/spot I don’t have access to 24 hours. The leasing coordinator stated we had to complain to the local councilman for that to change.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminnee View Post

When did your docs get submitted to HPD? I’ve been in process for almost a month, signed all forms and things have just slowed down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: