Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 10:11 PM

198 posts, read 177,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem97 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm 4XXX with CB preference. I submitted my documents back in June and finally was contacted to set up an eligibility interview. I had the interview today – 15 mins and very straightforward. She said my application is strong and requested a few more documents. Once I do so, I should hear back in a few days about setting up a tour if I'm still deemed eligible. I tried to gauge how many units are left but didn't get much of an answer. Hope this helps!
Congratulations! Please take videos and pics when you tour! Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 10:59 PM

147 posts, read 164,972 times
Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm 4XXX with CB preference. I submitted my documents back in June and finally was contacted to set up an eligibility interview. I had the interview today – 15 mins and very straightforward. She said my application is strong and requested a few more documents. Once I do so, I should hear back in a few days about setting up a tour if I'm still deemed eligible. I tried to gauge how many units are left but didn't get much of an answer. Hope this helps!
Congrats, May I ask what AMI you fall into and how many bdrms are you going for?

Old 08-10-2022, 12:01 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
take pics of everything for us, and come back and post em in the thread... congrats

Old 08-10-2022, 11:26 AM

7 posts, read 5,060 times
Aww thanks! I'm in consideration for 130% AMI 1 bedroom. If I make it to the tour, I'll make sure to take photos/videos and upload them here. Best of luck to everyone

Old 08-11-2022, 04:24 PM

Went for a tour today. It’s a decent building, very nice actually. Definitely a great one to start out w. $60 monthly amenities fee. I took multiple videos. Where can I upload them? Only bummer is that I will be on a bottom floor, if approved. I wanted something a little higher. Construction going up in the front and back so views may be blocked depending on the floor.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:36 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
Upload your videos on https://imgur.com/ & then share the links in here

$60/mo for amenities is not bad at all! Were you not shown the unit that is assigned for you? Or they just randomly showed you units?

Congrats! Hope you get approved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMocha0608 View Post
Went for a tour today. It’s a decent building, very nice actually. Definitely a great one to start out w. $60 monthly amenities fee. I took multiple videos. Where can I upload them? Only bummer is that I will be on a bottom floor, if approved. I wanted something a little higher. Construction going up in the front and back so views may be blocked depending on the floor.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Upload your videos on https://imgur.com/ & then share the links in here

$60/mo for amenities is not bad at all! Were you not shown the unit that is assigned for you? Or they just randomly showed you units?

Congrats! Hope you get approved!!
So yes, we had the choice of a 1 and a 2 bedroom. The 1 was way too small for a family of 3. The 2 bedroom did it for us. I just didn’t like the fact that the 1 bedroom had a separate washer and dryer while the 2 bedroom had a washer and dryer in one. Aside from that, it’s a dream come true for our first apartment. And thank you, I hope we get approved as well. First months rent and security deposit is needed. I didn’t get to take a video of the mailroom, conference room and shared laundry room (in addition to the in unit washer and dryers). I took a video of both apartments, the roof deck and gym. I’ll upload shortly. Also to rent out the deck for an event, it is $300 for 4 hours along with a $300 security deposit. Amenities close at 11 pm. The game room/ lounge will still be open if I’m not mistaken.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:52 PM

198 posts, read 177,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMocha0608 View Post
So yes, we had the choice of a 1 and a 2 bedroom. The 1 was way too small for a family of 3. The 2 bedroom did it for us. I just didn’t like the fact that the 1 bedroom had a separate washer and dryer while the 2 bedroom had a washer and dryer in one. Aside from that, it’s a dream come true for our first apartment. And thank you, I hope we get approved as well. First months rent and security deposit is needed. I didn’t get to take a video of the mailroom, conference room and shared laundry room (in addition to the in unit washer and dryers). I took a video of both apartments, the roof deck and gym. I’ll upload shortly. Also to rent out the deck for an event, it is $300 for 4 hours along with a $300 security deposit. Amenities close at 11 pm. The game room/ lounge will still be open if I’m not mistaken.
Ayyy that’s wassup, looks like things are moving along for you! Good luck !

Old 08-12-2022, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 774 times
Hi! I’m new here and currently in process as well and have not booked a tour yet but for those who already viewed the 1BR - do you happen to know what the size of the living room is? E.g., 12x11? Thank you!

Old 08-12-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluuu View Post
Hi! I’m new here and currently in process as well and have not booked a tour yet but for those who already viewed the 1BR - do you happen to know what the size of the living room is? E.g., 12x11? Thank you!
I took a video of the 1 bdr I was shown but I’m not sure of the measurements. Still trynna figure out how to upload the videos. Do I need the actual app in order to upload them? The lottery apartments def look smaller than the market rate units I saw on YouTube but not too far off and appliances seem to be the same from what I can tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery