Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 08:52 PM

198 posts, read 176,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbuddy View Post
No CB preference. I live all the way out in Long Island City. My AMI is 130%
Okay, best of luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 09:29 AM

74 posts, read 50,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbuddy View Post
I got asked to submit paperwork. Log 99XX. I sent in my paperwork today.

I moved into another lottery apartment in July, but the location of this one is so much better. (I know, greedy) I'm not a big fan of my neighborhood in Long Island City and miss Brooklyn. So would have to end my lease here.

Does anyone know how many 1-bedrooms are left?
Any details on the layouts of the 1-bedroom lottery units?
Are they on lower or upper floors? (I want a view so bad.)
Are they small - like most new apartments tend to be?

It seems like they are asking for documents in huge batches of people. Not going to get my hopes up.
Hello, I was approved for this place back in May. CB pref Log#8XXX, however, I ended up declining the lease last minute. For the record Settlement Housing is by far the best marketing agents I've worked with. Very organized and professional.

The layouts remaining at the time were the smallest 1 bedrooms. The unit I was offered was on the second floor and it faced the back of the building, no floor-to-ceiling windows like the pictures online however the unit I was offered came with a huge outdoor space that was the size of the whole apartment.

No kitchen island, very small kitchen that ran along 1 wall, full-size appliances. The living room/ kitchen combo was small. I did not like this at all. The bedroom was a good size, stackable w/d, nice bathroom. Small entryway. The location and outdoor space was the best part of this place and for that reason I regret declining the unit.

Good Luck!

Last edited by MZBRKLYN21; 09-28-2023 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-28-2023, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 3,330 times
got to the final stages... gross income qualifies me but my gross taxable which included a new laptop for work put me over the limit by $500... RIP. So sad.

Old 09-28-2023, 12:41 PM

2,017 posts, read 1,633,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzobongiovanni View Post
got to the final stages... gross income qualifies me but my gross taxable which included a new laptop for work put me over the limit by $500... RIP. So sad.
Consider finding a workaround. Seems like being given office equipment is not Income. Or if it is, could the circumstances be undone and redone so it’s does not count as Income. Did you have to declare this laptop on your IRS and NYS-NYC Income taxes?

Appeals can work.

Old 09-29-2023, 03:26 PM

87 posts, read 58,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
Hello, I was approved for this place back in May. CB pref Log#8XXX, however, I ended up declining the lease last minute. For the record Settlement Housing is by far the best marketing agents I've worked with. Very organized and professional.

The layouts remaining at the time were the smallest 1 bedrooms. The unit I was offered was on the second floor and it faced the back of the building, no floor-to-ceiling windows like the pictures online however the unit I was offered came with a huge outdoor space that was the size of the whole apartment.

No kitchen island, very small kitchen that ran along 1 wall, full-size appliances. The living room/ kitchen combo was small. I did not like this at all. The bedroom was a good size, stackable w/d, nice bathroom. Small entryway. The location and outdoor space was the best part of this place and for that reason I regret declining the unit.

Good Luck!
Thank you! This is really great information.

I'm not happy to hear about not having a view. My apartment in Long Island City has floor to ceiling windows and an awesome view, and that would be hard to give up, even to move back to Brooklyn.

Also not happy to hear the units are small. My current place is small, but I can fit a desk, dining table, and couch in the living area and the kitchen is a galley and separate-ish.

-Do you know how many available units there were when you applied?
-Did they let you pick the specific apartment you liked or was it random?
-Do you have any pics you took of the units you can send me

This location is great, but I can't stand an overly small apartment.

Old 10-01-2023, 08:47 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post

Good Luck!
I'm glad you turned it down. Your gut told you, you deserve better, and it's right.

Old 10-06-2023, 12:46 PM

5 posts, read 3,440 times
13,xxx Got called for documents.

Old 10-06-2023, 03:55 PM

198 posts, read 176,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyungthang View Post
13,xxx Got called for documents.
130 ami ?

Old 10-06-2023, 06:35 PM

5 posts, read 3,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee26 View Post
130 ami ?
Yeap!

Old 10-20-2023, 11:33 AM

24 posts, read 19,041 times
Viewed the apt today and the showing had almost 30 people. There is only 1 one bedroom left, I spoke to the agent over the phone and they said it’s honestly whoever gets the documents in first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery