Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2023, 01:14 PM

12 posts, read 6,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDai View Post
Yes! Wishing I worked remotely just to use the space lol. See if you can get anymore of an update tomorrow when you go in. I don’t wanna bother them again until next week lol
Going in Wednesday now because I got called into something onsite on Tuesday - will give an update then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Yes! Wishing I worked remotely just to use the space lol. See if you can get anymore of an update tomorrow when you go in. I don’t wanna bother them again until next week lol
Hey Sunny,

Just got back from signing affidavits and submitting the money order. We were informed that the next step is to submit bank clarifications. If we are approved for everything, then we are next in line for the unit we viewed, which we were told is the last unit available.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-08-2023, 01:15 PM

24 posts, read 14,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibzim View Post
Hey Sunny,

Just got back from signing affidavits and submitting the money order. We were informed that the next step is to submit bank clarifications. If we are approved for everything, then we are next in line for the unit we viewed, which we were told is the last unit available.

Hope this helps!
Hey, that’s Great News ! Thank you so much for keeping me in the loop. I haven’t gotten any notification from them since I went in last week so I’m gonna send an email to see if they can update me. Hope all continues to go well for you and your family !

Old 11-10-2023, 09:36 AM

83 posts, read 78,283 times
I live across a 2 bedroom lottery apartment and I had the opportunity to look at it since it has been empty for a while and it had 2 bathrooms! I’m finally getting a neighbor this week lol.

Old 11-12-2023, 09:39 AM

24 posts, read 14,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by approveme View Post
I live across a 2 bedroom lottery apartment and I had the opportunity to look at it since it has been empty for a while and it had 2 bathrooms! I’m finally getting a neighbor this week lol.
It’s never been rented or someone moved out and they’re finally re-renting? It’s funny because when I toured the units, I definitely asked if someone lived there prior. The agent claimed no, but Idk it didn’t give me brand new vibes. It looked nice but it also looked like someone had lived there already.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:39 AM

83 posts, read 78,283 times
Quote:
It’s never been rented or someone moved out and they’re finally re-renting? It’s funny because when I toured the units, I definitely asked if someone lived there prior. The agent claimed no, but Idk it didn’t give me brand new vibes. It looked nice but it also looked like someone had lived there already.
It’s definitely never been rented. They clean up the unit before you move in. Check the plugs haha. I had difficulty pushing mine into the sockets because they were brand new.

Old 11-17-2023, 12:25 PM

Moving in 1/6! So excited.

Quick question for those who live here - how are the stoves? I see that they are electric, so just wondering how the quality is on them

Old 11-17-2023, 03:56 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
Moving in 1/6! So excited.

Quick question for those who live here - how are the stoves? I see that they are electric, so just wondering how the quality is on them
Welcome!

I've lived here over a year. Other's may feel differently, but I have grown to love it. Note that some units have Harier stoves (narrower) and others have Blomberg (wider). I have Blomberg so I can only speak to that brand. I have no idea who they chose which to put in each unit, it is not lottery vs MR.

I was really worried about the electric stoves because I'd never had one before and my only experiences with electric had been those cheap ones with exposed coils, which I hated. I was very pleasantly surprised that my stove heats very quickly and evenly, is VERY easy to keep clean (my favorite aspect vs gas), and surprisingly durable. At this point, a gas stove in any apartment in the future would be a downside for me. I think since the stoves are modern and relatively high-end, the experience is quite good. I also like the fact that I'm not breathing in the fumes from a gas stove. Curious to hear others' experiences.

Old 11-17-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Welcome!

I've lived here over a year. Other's may feel differently, but I have grown to love it. Note that some units have Harier stoves (narrower) and others have Blomberg (wider). I have Blomberg so I can only speak to that brand. I have no idea who they chose which to put in each unit, it is not lottery vs MR.

I was really worried about the electric stoves because I'd never had one before and my only experiences with electric had been those cheap ones with exposed coils, which I hated. I was very pleasantly surprised that my stove heats very quickly and evenly, is VERY easy to keep clean (my favorite aspect vs gas), and surprisingly durable. At this point, a gas stove in any apartment in the future would be a downside for me. I think since the stoves are modern and relatively high-end, the experience is quite good. I also like the fact that I'm not breathing in the fumes from a gas stove. Curious to hear others' experiences.
Amazing, thanks so much for this! Can't wait to move in!!

Old 11-18-2023, 12:23 PM

585 posts, read 584,789 times
Quote:
Amazing, thanks so much for this! Can't wait to move in!!
Everything is high end in Brooklyn crossing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery