Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 08:07 AM

6 posts, read 3,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Congratulations! You are very close. Some people on this thread were approved fairly quickly (5-6 business days) while others took longer due to minor setbacks. I think you should give it 10 business days before reaching out to them.

If I may ask, what type of unit did you agree to? Studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom? High floor low floor?

I think they are just about out of units.

Again, congratulations!
You're right, they were running pretty low on units + I wasn't permitted to choose from multiple apartments. I was assigned a 1BR + signed something agreeing to accept it after approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 08:51 AM

833 posts, read 785,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail25 View Post
You're right, they were running pretty low on units + I wasn't permitted to choose from multiple apartments. I was assigned a 1BR + signed something agreeing to accept it after approval.
Sounds like you are one of the lucky ones. Looks and sounds like an amazing building.

Old 06-05-2023, 11:07 PM

18 posts, read 13,684 times
Hi all, today I received an email to schedule a "Sneak Peak" tour before they actually reach my log number. In the email they just say my application is in line to be reviewed for eligibility (in the next 4-6 weeks), but "we are offering a unique opportunity for you to arrange a visit now". I'm curious if anyone else have experience like this, scheduling a sneak peak before they reach your log? What does it actually mean?

Old 06-06-2023, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytsui View Post
Hi all, today I received an email to schedule a "Sneak Peak" tour before they actually reach my log number. In the email they just say my application is in line to be reviewed for eligibility (in the next 4-6 weeks), but "we are offering a unique opportunity for you to arrange a visit now". I'm curious if anyone else have experience like this, scheduling a sneak peak before they reach your log? What does it actually mean?
Well that's a good sign! Good for you.

Is your log number in the 3000s or 4000s? Are you looking for a 2 bedroom? I was under the impression that all 1 bedrooms and studios are gone.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:26 AM

1,725 posts, read 1,489,484 times
Quote:
They've been offering these for a while. It's a good sign but no guarantee. They'll show you the building+amenities and probably 1 or more model units. It is really just an opportunity for you to decide if you will move forward in the event they request documents from you, you're not committing to anything though. You would still be seeing the actual unit(s) that you would choose from/be assigned in the event you are approved. If you get to that stage, you will come to view an actual unit for you to accept or decline.

Old 06-06-2023, 09:16 AM

347 posts, read 361,845 times
Quote:
Are you looking for a 2 bedroom? I was under the impression that all 1 bedrooms and studios are gone.
I doubt this; I do not qualify for a 2 bedroom, however they just recently asked me for docs and followed up just yesterday. low 3000

Old 06-06-2023, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
I doubt this; I do not qualify for a 2 bedroom, however they just recently asked me for docs and followed up just yesterday. low 3000
Congrats on the progress! Keep us posted.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Well that's a good sign! Good for you.

Is your log number in the 3000s or 4000s? Are you looking for a 2 bedroom? I was under the impression that all 1 bedrooms and studios are gone.
I'm in the mid 3000s, I think they still at least have a few units left across all unit types - I was shown a sample unit of studio and 1-bd, there were a family of three on the same tour with me shown a 2-bd.

Who knows when it gets to me what will have left, the guy giving me a tour knows absolutely nothing lol...

Old 06-06-2023, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
They've been offering these for a while. It's a good sign but no guarantee. They'll show you the building+amenities and probably 1 or more model units. It is really just an opportunity for you to decide if you will move forward in the event they request documents from you, you're not committing to anything though. You would still be seeing the actual unit(s) that you would choose from/be assigned in the event you are approved. If you get to that stage, you will come to view an actual unit for you to accept or decline.
Thanks for the insight!

Old 06-07-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I'm in the mid 3000s, I think they still at least have a few units left across all unit types - I was shown a sample unit of studio and 1-bd, there were a family of three on the same tour with me shown a 2-bd.

Who knows when it gets to me what will have left, the guy giving me a tour knows absolutely nothing lol...
All good indications. I hope you get called soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery