Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2023, 08:11 AM

832 posts, read 783,072 times

Advertisements

How much is the security deposit in this building? Standard one month rent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 08:21 AM

83 posts, read 78,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Yep! Had to pay first month’s rent and security deposit in the amount of my rent.

Old 05-23-2023, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by approveme View Post
Yep! Had to pay first month’s rent and security deposit in the amount of my rent.
Thanks

Old 05-23-2023, 11:09 AM

6 posts, read 3,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziiii View Post
Thank you so so much for letting me know!!!
Do you find sharing with layout you chose? I have an east facing 1BR on a lower floor but with a small alcove near the entrance. I heavily debated moving to a higher floor but they were just to small for my needs and they were quickly running out!

Old 05-23-2023, 11:15 AM

1,723 posts, read 1,483,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertybkx View Post
Do you find sharing with layout you chose? I have an east facing 1BR on a lower floor but with a small alcove near the entrance. I heavily debated moving to a higher floor but they were just to small for my needs and they were quickly running out!
We may have the same layout, also east 1br with the alcove by the door. I'm in the "mid-rise" section and I find it to be ideal. I have a good view and yet still the larger layout. I love having that extra space form the alcove and personally wouldn't want to switch to a higher floor.

Old 05-23-2023, 01:27 PM

31,963 posts, read 27,110,316 times
Quote:
By NYS law security deposits for apartments is limited to one months rent across the board.

Old 05-23-2023, 02:39 PM

16 posts, read 12,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertybkx View Post
They showed me 06 line on high floor above 26.
I email MHANY this morning, they mention there are other log numbers that hold president before my file at this moment, so I have no idea if I will get this apartment even though I've already toured it. lol
Fingers Crossed!!!
Does anyone know how many apts are still available by any chance? I tried to ask them but didn't get an answer..

Old 05-23-2023, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I email MHANY this morning, they mention there are other log numbers that hold president before my file at this moment, so I have no idea if I will get this apartment even though I've already toured it. lol
Fingers Crossed!!!
Does anyone know how many apts are still available by any chance? I tried to ask them but didn't get an answer..
It's very strange that they showed you a unit that may already be reserved for another log number.

Old 05-23-2023, 04:24 PM

16 posts, read 12,949 times
Quote:
It's very strange that they showed you a unit that may already be reserved for another log number.
Yeah so strange.. I am very confused Hope the final result is good..

Old 05-23-2023, 04:40 PM

1,723 posts, read 1,483,305 times
Quote:
Fingers Crossed!!!
Quote:
It may not be that they have multiple people ahead of you for that particular apartment you chose but that there are lower logs that for whatever reason took longer to fully process and so your file is on hold while those others are completed. I don't have any insider info but I when I was being processed last year, MHANY was definitely processing one person per apartment at a time, effectively holding that unit for you until you either get approved and accept, or decline, or get rejected and exhaust all appeals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery