Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2023, 09:34 AM

16 posts, read 12,922 times

Advertisements

I am still waiting for updates from MHANY after my apt tour.
Hope I could hear back something from them soon…Fingers crossed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 12:12 PM

828 posts, read 777,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziiii View Post
I am still waiting for updates from MHANY after my apt tour.
Hope I could hear back something from them soon…Fingers crossed
Did they invite you to sign documents yet?

Old 05-30-2023, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Did they invite you to sign documents yet?
I only toured the apartment on May 16th and signed a paper agreement with Brooklyn Crossing for moving forward with the unit I selected. MHANY hasn't invited me for signing any paperwork yet. I plan to send MHANY emails or call them this week. Hope they could give me some information lol. I will let you know if I heard anything from them!

Old 05-30-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I only toured the apartment on May 16th and signed a paper agreement with Brooklyn Crossing for moving forward with the unit I selected. MHANY hasn't invited me for signing any paperwork yet. I plan to send MHANY emails or call them this week. Hope they could give me some information lol. I will let you know if I heard anything from them!
Good luck!

I think they are at the point where they are waiting for earlier people to say 'no' or get rejected before they can move forward with new people. Meaning almost no units left.

Old 05-30-2023, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Good luck!

I think they are at the point where they are waiting for earlier people to say 'no' or get rejected before they can move forward with new people. Meaning almost no units left.
I just received the email to sign affidavits!I guess there are still some availabilities. My process is taking long because it takes time for them to follow the log sequence, and they need to issue the log numbers in front of me first.
Hope things going on well! Good luck to everyone!

Old 05-30-2023, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I just received the email to sign affidavits!I guess there are still some availabilities. My process is taking long because it takes time for them to follow the log sequence, and they need to issue the log numbers in front of me first.
Hope things going on well! Good luck to everyone!
Great news! Good luck!

Old 05-31-2023, 12:32 PM

12 posts, read 12,061 times
Has anyone tried out the pool yet? Does it get crowded up on 51, with the beach chairs and stuff?

Old 05-31-2023, 01:24 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,469,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpekilove View Post
Has anyone tried out the pool yet? Does it get crowded up on 51, with the beach chairs and stuff?
I was at the pool all weekend, it was glorious. You have to make reservations and they limit reservations per 2hr block to 35. Most of the time, there was no issue getting a chair/sun bed. The busiest time was when people arrive early for their reservation (~10-15 minutes) and those ending their block haven't left yet. The wristbands change color every block and the lifeguards are strict about reminding people to leave on time. In my experience, during the blocks, everyone has been able to get a chair. I also observed most people laying out, not as many using the pool. I never saw more than 8-10 in the pool at any one time, usually fewer.

Old 05-31-2023, 03:02 PM

12 posts, read 12,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I was at the pool all weekend, it was glorious. You have to make reservations and they limit reservations per 2hr block to 35. Most of the time, there was no issue getting a chair/sun bed. The busiest time was when people arrive early for their reservation (~10-15 minutes) and those ending their block haven't left yet. The wristbands change color every block and the lifeguards are strict about reminding people to leave on time. In my experience, during the blocks, everyone has been able to get a chair. I also observed most people laying out, not as many using the pool. I never saw more than 8-10 in the pool at any one time, usually fewer.
Do you know if residents how don't have a pool reservation that day can still go up to 51 to sunbathe and stuff? I just want to work on my tan lol

I've tried out the grills so far and the 1.5 hour timeslots is not enough time. The grill takes a half hour just to get to temperature and you're not left with much time to cook/eat/cleanup. The people who were there before me also didn't clean up after themselves so that was nice lol

Old 05-31-2023, 03:36 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,469,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpekilove View Post
Do you know if residents how don't have a pool reservation that day can still go up to 51 to sunbathe and stuff? I just want to work on my tan lol

I've tried out the grills so far and the 1.5 hour timeslots is not enough time. The grill takes a half hour just to get to temperature and you're not left with much time to cook/eat/cleanup. The people who were there before me also didn't clean up after themselves so that was nice lol
Yes, you can. There are sunbeds (circular) outside the pool enclosure that don't take reservations, the cabanas you can use without a reservation but if someone has a reservation they can kick you off. You can make a cabana reservation too if you want to be sure you have one for a period of time. The tables and chairs up there are without a reservation, same with 27th fl deck (outside of the party rooms).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery