Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 06:28 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Are there different elevator banks in bc for market rate tenants?
Don't you live at BC?? No, there are 3 elevator banks, low-, mid-, and high-rise. Lotto units are all throughout the building, and all 3 banks go to the amenities floors.

Last edited by linamonroll; 05-11-2023 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2023, 01:12 PM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Anyone have any thoughts/guesses on amounts and what types of units are still available?

Also, when you are invited to tour, can you bring a guest?

Last edited by BPC1999; 05-12-2023 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: additional question

Old 05-12-2023, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 5,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts/guesses on amounts and what types of units are still available?

Also, when you are invited to tour, can you bring a guest?

Not sure on how many/which units are available. You might be able to call MHANY and ask, though!

For the tour, yes, I brought a couple of other people to look at everything with me.

Old 05-12-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgarnet View Post
Not sure on how many/which units are available. You might be able to call MHANY and ask, though!

For the tour, yes, I brought a couple of other people to look at everything with me.
Thanks!

Old 05-13-2023, 01:41 AM

225 posts, read 304,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
If anyone has Verizon service ( whether it be home or wireless services ) pay attention!

Get a subsidy of up to $30 a month if you have SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or other programs.

Copy and paste link!
https://www.acpbenefit.org/

You’re welcome!
Private message me for more great ideas and details, from me! Oxox
How can anyone in this building qualify for these services when the income for this building is 130%AMI?

Old 05-14-2023, 07:56 AM

Question(s) for those who have already moved in...

If you could choose any location in the building for your unit, where would it be? High floor, mid floor, low floor? North, South, East, West facing?

When you were shown your options, were they receptive to you asking to see more options, if you didn't like what you saw?

We're still waiting to hear back after doc submission and we would be thrilled to take anything they offer, but I'm curious if there will be any flexibility.

Old 05-14-2023, 10:54 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Question(s) for those who have already moved in...

If you could choose any location in the building for your unit, where would it be? High floor, mid floor, low floor? North, South, East, West facing?

When you were shown your options, were they receptive to you asking to see more options, if you didn't like what you saw?

We're still waiting to hear back after doc submission and we would be thrilled to take anything they offer, but I'm curious if there will be any flexibility.
It all depends on what is most important to you. Units are smaller above the 27th floor, but if views are most important, the higher the better. Personally, I would say the best would be floors 10-26 as you are high enough to get at least decent views and to be up off street level to reduce noise but low enough to have a larger apt, and the ability to reasonably use the stairs if needed. Some people love being high in the sky though. Facing north, west, or south will give you river and/or manhattan views as well as sunset but you also have direct sun in the afternoon which can be hot. I like facing east because I get morning sun but then it's not too hot int he afternoon and I can always go up to one of the decks to see sunset if I want. Again, it really comes down to personal preference and what aspects are a priority to you.

In terms of flexibility, you will likely be shows 3 units to choose from when you tour. I was shown 2 1br and 1 studio on floors 11-22. I preferred the layout of the 1br on floor 11 but asked about that same layout on a higher floor, which was available so I took that. I did not get to view the exact apartment I chose, they showed me the floor plan at the MHANY office and it was indeed the exact same as the unit I viewed on the lower floor so I was comfortable going ahead. They told me that I could choose another unit from the list they had but I could not go view again so I didn't want to choose a layout I had not seen.

Old 05-14-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
It all depends on what is most important to you. Units are smaller above the 27th floor, but if views are most important, the higher the better. Personally, I would say the best would be floors 10-26 as you are high enough to get at least decent views and to be up off street level to reduce noise but low enough to have a larger apt, and the ability to reasonably use the stairs if needed. Some people love being high in the sky though. Facing north, west, or south will give you river and/or manhattan views as well as sunset but you also have direct sun in the afternoon which can be hot. I like facing east because I get morning sun but then it's not too hot int he afternoon and I can always go up to one of the decks to see sunset if I want. Again, it really comes down to personal preference and what aspects are a priority to you.

In terms of flexibility, you will likely be shows 3 units to choose from when you tour. I was shown 2 1br and 1 studio on floors 11-22. I preferred the layout of the 1br on floor 11 but asked about that same layout on a higher floor, which was available so I took that. I did not get to view the exact apartment I chose, they showed me the floor plan at the MHANY office and it was indeed the exact same as the unit I viewed on the lower floor so I was comfortable going ahead. They told me that I could choose another unit from the list they had but I could not go view again so I didn't want to choose a layout I had not seen.
Very helpful, thank you!

Old 05-14-2023, 06:06 PM

83 posts, read 78,161 times
Quote:
Very helpful, thank you!
And if this helps - I live below the 10th floor because I went for layout and space instead of views, and I do not hear any street noise/sirens at all. The glass is incredibly thick, they are like noise cancelling headphones.

Old 05-15-2023, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by approveme View Post
And if this helps - I live below the 10th floor because I went for layout and space instead of views, and I do not hear any street noise/sirens at all. The glass is incredibly thick, they are like noise cancelling headphones.
This is also very helpful. My next question was going to be how far up do you need to live to avoid some (not all) of the street noise. lol thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery