Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2023, 05:54 PM

585 posts, read 585,467 times

Advertisements

A market rate one bedroom at brooklyn crossing is 4500 a month and and the exact studio im living in is 3700 a month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 09:39 PM

18 posts, read 13,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
How was your viewing? How many units did you see? Did you choose one?

We are still waiting to schedule a viewing.
Hiya! Do you mind sharing which hundreds of log# you are in (I see your log# on the spreadsheet and wondering if you are like 30xx or 38xx)? I am #39xx and trying to estimate if/when I will likely to get call to submit documents. Thank you in advance!!

Old 05-20-2023, 08:29 AM

828 posts, read 772,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytsui View Post
Hiya! Do you mind sharing which hundreds of log# you are in (I see your log# on the spreadsheet and wondering if you are like 30xx or 38xx)? I am #39xx and trying to estimate if/when I will likely to get call to submit documents. Thank you in advance!!
#38xx. Waiting.

Old 05-20-2023, 08:35 AM

6 posts, read 3,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yes it was announced a couple months ago it will be a LT, not opening till next year though. And yes also at Brooklyn Tower.

https://news.lifetime.life/2023-01-1...ossing-In-2024
Amazing! Thanks for the link.

Old 05-20-2023, 08:38 AM

6 posts, read 3,904 times
Quote:
#38xx. Waiting.
For what it’s worth my log # was 2333. And my overall process took a little over a month between 3.28 - 5.2 approval. My lease was set to begin June 1st but I asked for an earlier move in date of the 5.15. They asked for additional/ duplicate documents but the process for each was super quick.

Good luck!

Old 05-20-2023, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertybkx View Post
For what it’s worth my log # was 2333. And my overall process took a little over a month between 3.28 - 5.2 approval. My lease was set to begin June 1st but I asked for an earlier move in date of the 5.15. They asked for additional/ duplicate documents but the process for each was super quick.

Good luck!
Thanks! I think they are running out of units. Fingers crossed!

Old 05-20-2023, 09:26 AM

Question for my experienced Housing Connect friends...

If you accept a studio (because its the only thing left), even though you wanted a 1 bedroom, can you put yourself on a waitlist for a 1 bedroom in this building? Or is it a whole new lottery (mini-lottery) when a unit becomes available?

Anyone know?

Old 05-22-2023, 06:13 PM

16 posts, read 12,912 times
Hii Housing Connect friends..
My log number is 31XX near 3200 and I was scheduled for a tour on May 16th. They showed me a 1-bedroom, and saying it's the only one I could choose. I agreed to move forward with the unit that day. Does it mean I will have this unit in the end?
Or there is still possibility for losing this unit lol.
I am so happy to be selected but at the same time I am so nervous about the final result. My current lease is going to end soon, so I really wanna know how soon the process could be, or if there is still possibility to lose it after touring the apartment.. My current landlord only provides 1-year renew lease, and won't provide the option for several months' lease extension. I need to make a decision soon lol.

Any information will be super appreciated!!!

Old 05-22-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziiii View Post
Hii Housing Connect friends..
My log number is 31XX near 3200 and I was scheduled for a tour on May 16th. They showed me a 1-bedroom, and saying it's the only one I could choose. I agreed to move forward with the unit that day. Does it mean I will have this unit in the end?
Or there is still possibility for losing this unit lol.
I am so happy to be selected but at the same time I am so nervous about the final result. My current lease is going to end soon, so I really wanna know how soon the process could be, or if there is still possibility to lose it after touring the apartment.. My current landlord only provides 1-year renew lease, and won't provide the option for several months' lease extension. I need to make a decision soon lol.

Any information will be super appreciated!!!
If you accepted the unit that they showed you, I believe it's yours. They won't give it away or show it to others and will hold it while your paperwork is processed. But it is possible to get rejected for other reasons (bad credit, falsifying information, etc).

Old 05-22-2023, 07:29 PM

16 posts, read 12,912 times
Quote:
If you accepted the unit that they showed you, I believe it's yours. They won't give it away or show it to others and will hold it while your paperwork is processed. But it is possible to get rejected for other reasons (bad credit, falsifying information, etc).
Thank you so so much for letting me know!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery