Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2023, 12:11 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Did u record any videos of brooklyn tower apartment?
I have not toured it, I'm not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 12:21 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Thank you!! This building is my dream home, the sole reason I signed up at the Housing Connect 2.0 at that time, just to apply for this lottery & I got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Beautiful!

Old 06-01-2023, 12:34 PM

828 posts, read 766,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Thank you!! This building is my dream home, the sole reason I signed up at the Housing Connect 2.0 at that time, just to apply for this lottery & I got it!
Wow, that's amazing! I have literally signed up for 155 lotteries and have yet to make it to the final stages of one.

My average log number is in the 10,000s. lol

Old 06-01-2023, 01:06 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Thanks! I did apply some lotteries back in 2017/2018 though on the old Housing Connect website & got picked by several but I never followed through. Instead I moved into a market-rate apartment & was happy with it, I never applied any more lottery until I got an email notification from the HC about the lottery of my current apartment & I was like, yeah, I want this one so I signed up on the HC 2.0. After applying, I moved on with my life & forgot about it until the HC contacted me to submit the initial documents, the rest is a history!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Wow, that's amazing! I have literally signed up for 155 lotteries and have yet to make it to the final stages of one.

My average log number is in the 10,000s. lol

Old 06-05-2023, 05:07 AM

6 posts, read 3,151 times
Hi! This has all been very helpful + I wish I discovered this forum sooner. Has anyone with a log# in the 3,000’s found out if they were approved yet? Trying to be patient but very anxious to find out about approval.

Old 06-05-2023, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail25 View Post
Hi! This has all been very helpful + I wish I discovered this forum sooner. Has anyone with a log# in the 3,000’s found out if they were approved yet? Trying to be patient but very anxious to find out about approval.
You say you are waiting for "approval." Have you signed affidavits? If so, then it's just a matter of time.

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2023, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
You say you are waiting for "approval." Have you signed affidavits? If so, then it's just a matter of time.

Good luck!
Yes signed the affidavit on 5/30 + was told that my application would be sent to HUD. Just not sure of how long it takes them to process.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Yes signed the affidavit on 5/30 + was told that my application would be sent to HUD. Just not sure of how long it takes them to process.
Congratulations! You are very close. Some people on this thread were approved fairly quickly (5-6 business days) while others took longer due to minor setbacks. I think you should give it 10 business days before reaching out to them.

If I may ask, what type of unit did you agree to? Studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom? High floor low floor?

I think they are just about out of units.

Again, congratulations!

Old 06-05-2023, 07:37 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
*HPD approval usually takes anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks, can be longer. You can keep checking your HC profile for this building and when you see "review complete" that means they are done with your file. MHANY will contact you, usually the same day with lease signing details.

Old 06-05-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
*HPD approval usually takes anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks, can be longer. You can keep checking your HC profile for this building and when you see "review complete" that means they are done with your file. MHANY will contact you, usually the same day with lease signing details.
Got it, thank you + thanks for correcting my typo Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery