Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 10:57 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
Wow! Sounds amazing and congratulations!
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the 07 /10/ & 09 lines you mentioned?

Did you happen to take any pictures?
Those are the numbers that indicate the apartment line (like a column on the building floor plan) because typically apartments that are in a column on top of each other are the same layout. The first number/s indicate the floor and the final numbers indicate which layout or line. So for example, apartment 1207 would be on the 12th floor and in the 07 "line". This also means that apartments 1007, 1107, 1207, 1307 etc would be on the 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th floor stacked on top of each other and would all have the same layout as each other, just on different floors. In some buildings the lines are indicated by letters rather than numbers, so apartments 10A, 11A, 12A, 13A would all be the same layout and the "B" line (10B, 11B, 12B, 13B etc) would be the same etc. So knowing the apartment line can tell you what the layout is by looking at a market rate floor plan for a unit in the same line but on a different floor. Does that make sense?

Check 18 6th ave on street easy and youtube, there are tons of pictures and videos of the apartments, the lotto and MR units are the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 07:50 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
I checked on StreetEasy, their 1BR unit layouts are great in general, they seem very spacious! If I were offered, I would go for 'line 10' - those two WIC are hard to pass!!!

Good luck everyone, this apartment building is a steal & whoever got it is a truly lottery winner!!!

Old 06-01-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I checked on StreetEasy, their 1BR unit layouts are great in general, they seem very spacious! If I were offered, I would go for 'line 10' - those two WIC are hard to pass!!!

Good luck everyone, this apartment building is a steal & whoever got it is a truly lottery winner!!!
Just FYI, it does depend on your floor to some extent. I saw a "10" line apartment (2210) and it did not have any WICs but rather 1 W2W in the bedroom, and a medium size non-WIC in entry area, plus the w/d dryer closet. 2210 also did not have the L kitchen I see on 2910 on SE, nor the island kitchen I see in 3110 but rather the kitchen was a straight line and living room was almost separated fully by a wall which made the apartment feel very small compared to the more open 07 line I saw. It seems like this building's lines are the same for a series of floors but not the whole building. For example, I was provided the floor plan for the 07 line and it said this was the layout for floors 8-24, 07's below and above have a different layout, I assume.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:19 AM

I saw 3110 layout on StreetEasy & I was like WHOA!!! Those two WIC reminded me to my previous apartment in Queens, I had those, I could even sleep inside one of my WICs.

Which line did you pick finally? Is it line 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Just FYI, it does depend on your floor to some extent. I saw a "10" line apartment (2210) and it did not have any WICs but rather 1 W2W in the bedroom, and a medium size non-WIC in entry area, plus the w/d dryer closet. 2210 also did not have the L kitchen I see on 2910 on SE, nor the island kitchen I see in 3110 but rather the kitchen was a straight line and living room was almost separated fully by a wall which made the apartment feel very small compared to the more open 07 line I saw. It seems like this building's lines are the same for a series of floors but not the whole building. For example, I was provided the floor plan for the 07 line and it said this was the layout for floors 8-24, 07's below and above have a different layout, I assume.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I saw 3110 layout on StreetEasy & I was like WHOA!!! Those two WIC reminded me to my previous apartment in Queens, I had those, I could even sleep inside one of my WICs.
I know ! There was someone on here who saw a unit with a WIC but none of the 3 I saw had one. For this building, knowing the line can only tell you so much until you get a floor plan that shows which floors it applies to.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:25 AM

93 posts, read 75,753 times
Quote:
Those are the numbers that indicate the apartment line (like a column on the building floor plan) because typically apartments that are in a column on top of each other are the same layout. The first number/s indicate the floor and the final numbers indicate which layout or line. So for example, apartment 1207 would be on the 12th floor and in the 07 "line". This also means that apartments 1007, 1107, 1207, 1307 etc would be on the 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th floor stacked on top of each other and would all have the same layout as each other, just on different floors. In some buildings the lines are indicated by letters rather than numbers, so apartments 10A, 11A, 12A, 13A would all be the same layout and the "B" line (10B, 11B, 12B, 13B etc) would be the same etc. So knowing the apartment line can tell you what the layout is by looking at a market rate floor plan for a unit in the same line but on a different floor. Does that make sense?

Check 18 6th ave on street easy and youtube, there are tons of pictures and videos of the apartments, the lotto and MR units are the same
Ah, that makes sense! Thank you for that!

Old 06-01-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I know ! There was someone on here who saw a unit with a WIC but none of the 3 I saw had one. For this building, knowing the line can only tell you so much until you get a floor plan that shows which floors it applies to.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, I chose the 07 line after viewing 1107, but preferring the higher view I saw from 2210, I asked the agent if there was a higher 07 unit and she checked and there was so my unit will have the exact layout as 1107 but it's on higher floor. Aside from the more open layout compared to 2210, I liked that the 07s have a small alcove just to the left of the door which is just a bit of bonus space for a small desk, a shoe rack etc.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:41 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Yeah, I saw 2 apts (passed on looking at the studio) the 06 line (this had a WIC and another closet) also the 21 line - this has a W2W closet in the bedroom, another W2W upon entry in the apt. a smaller closet next to the the closet with the W/D.

Old 06-01-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yeah, I saw 2 apts (passed on looking at the studio) the 06 line (this had a WIC and another closet) also the 21 line - this has a W2W closet in the bedroom, another W2W upon entry in the apt. a smaller closet next to the the closet with the W/D.
I thought I remembered that, thanks! Have you heard any updates on your app? Were you sent to the city? Any word on lease signing timing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery