Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 12:11 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Ugh, still praying for July 1st move in, at this rate, I don't know.....
I know! I'm hoping that what I sent them this morning is the last request and they can send to the city by Friday or Monday, it's still possible! *fingers crossed* for all of us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 12:13 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,861,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Until you sign a lease, it’s not really your unit.

It’s efficient and beneficial to show any unoccupied unit (even if it is reserved) as a sample to possible tenants for the building because, let’s face it, most people thirst to see a unit.

Also, even if it is reserved for you, they can claim it’s possible something might happen and they would have to offer it to another person.

Mid month move ins and leases are not unheard of, but that is a general thing. I don’t know if this particular build does is.

( Juneteenth, many government offices are taking a holiday on Monday. This could effect turnaround times. Many employees might be taking Friday or Tuesday off to increase the Long Weekend. )
Yeah, I tentatively took Tuesday off but hoping me and another friend will have our answer before or by Friday.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Until you sign a lease, it’s not really your unit.

It’s efficient and beneficial to show any unoccupied unit (even if it is reserved) as a sample to possible tenants for the building because, let’s face it, most people thirst to see a unit.

Also, even if it is reserved for you, they can claim it’s possible something might happen and they would have to offer it to another person.

Mid month move ins and leases are not unheard of, but that is a general thing. I don’t know if this particular build does is.

( Juneteenth, many government offices are taking a holiday on Monday. This could effect turnaround times. Many employees might be taking Friday or Tuesday off to increase the Long Weekend. )

I was told specifically that they are allowing 1st and 15th lease start dates for this building. Also FYI, I currently live in a lotto building I won in 2019 and my lease started the day I signed the lease (I wasn't given a choice) which happened to be the 11th of the month, all of my renewals have been the same. It definitely happens.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I know! I'm hoping that what I sent them this morning is the last request and they can send to the city by Friday or Monday, it's still possible! *fingers crossed* for all of us!
Girl - I'm hoping for us but each time I was told it would be sent that day or today or tomorrow, it wasn't. It's finally there but PM is now out of the office DAY TWO

Old 06-15-2022, 12:33 PM

213 posts, read 215,933 times
Quote:
Girl - I'm hoping for us but each time I was told it would be sent that day or today or tomorrow, it wasn't. It's finally there but PM is now out of the office DAY TWO
did you go in and sign affidavits already?

Old 06-15-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
did you go in and sign affidavits already?
Yep, waiting for final approval.

Last edited by Marshabrady; 06-15-2022 at 01:10 PM..

Old 06-15-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Ugh I know! They sent this request yesterday and said the deadline was "ASAP so we can send your file to the city". I turned it around in less than 24h even with having to get something notarized so I'm doing all I possibly can. We'll see!

Old 06-15-2022, 12:41 PM

33 posts, read 28,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsurfboard View Post
got invited to view apartments! i go in tomorrow afternoon. does anyone know if we sign paperwork right after the viewing?
I didn't sign anything nor was I asked. They just told me to let the marketing agent know which apartment I wanted. once I did that they asked for more paperwork.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Ugh I know! They sent this request yesterday and said the deadline was "ASAP so we can send your file to the city". I turned it around in less than 24h even with having to get something notarized so I'm doing all I possibly can. We'll see!
Well let's hope. There were so many 3 and 4 days that passed. I was obsessively checking HC and finally saw my file. Breathed a sigh of relief....they meant it that last time

Old 06-15-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Well let's hope. There were so many 3 and 4 days that passed. I was obsessively checking HC and finally saw my file. Breathed a sigh of relief....they meant it that last time
Right?? It's those 3-4 days (or more) between contacts that very quickly add weeks to the process, even if you're super quick to respond. I get it, they're processing a lot of people but it's still annoying bc you don't know each time if you're all set and just waiting for final approval or if they'll come back to you asking for more docs. We will have EARNED that lotto-winners pool party when we move in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery