Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2022, 07:46 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,496,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I worked construction for years and by seeing the pool I can tell u the pool is not going to be ready in August I guess u didn't see the floor plates laying around outside the pool and they don't have the permit to even have guests out side in the pool the permit takes months by itself ...the lady showing the apartments just only can give u a estimate...u expect them to have the pool fixed and have the permit in one month?
The tour people get their estimate from somewhere, they're probably not just making up a date. We will obviously have to see but I trust the estimate form the people actually working on this pool over someone who looked at the deck from inside for <5 minutes on a tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 08:34 AM

586 posts, read 590,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
The tour people get their estimate from somewhere, they're probably not just making up a date. We will obviously have to see but I trust the estimate form the people actually working on this pool over someone who looked at the deck from inside for <5 minutes on a tour.
Like I said I worked construction for years the person that shows the apartments is a broker her job is to sell and market the apartment so she's gonna say it's gonna be completed real soon ...I live in a luxury crib now and I was told that the ammenties will be finished the next month after I moved in it took another 4 months after I moved in for the ammenties to be finished ...there is no way that pool will be opened especially if they don't have the permit...they have to get everything inspected even if it was completed today and that takes time

Old 06-16-2022, 11:10 AM

229 posts, read 242,868 times
Quote:
Like I said I worked construction for years the person that shows the apartments is a broker her job is to sell and market the apartment so she's gonna say it's gonna be completed real soon ...I live in a luxury crib now and I was told that the ammenties will be finished the next month after I moved in it took another 4 months after I moved in for the ammenties to be finished ...there is no way that pool will be opened especially if they don't have the permit...they have to get everything inspected even if it was completed today and that takes time
I trust you on that . I visited Brooklyn crossing two months ago. They told me that the pool will be ready for memorial weekend

Old 06-16-2022, 11:37 AM

34 posts, read 34,303 times
What log number are they up to? Still haven't been contacted

Old 06-16-2022, 11:42 AM

33 posts, read 28,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderinghow View Post
What log number are they up to? Still haven't been contacted
I'm in the 400's and was selected in the latest batch

Old 06-16-2022, 12:12 PM

213 posts, read 219,079 times
i do agree they are saying anything at the viewing to get us to take them small studios.... cos if there wasn't a roof top / pool / deck.... the amenities are a major selling point ... so makes sense how they are bragging about the pool being accessible asap

Last edited by atomickitten; 06-16-2022 at 12:26 PM..

Old 06-16-2022, 01:51 PM

33 posts, read 28,895 times
Update...I viewed and chose an apartment Monday and received an email today to come in next week to sign the affidavit packet for submission to the city. I think the excitement is making the process seem slow, but it's moving pretty fast seeing that I was first contacted on May 31.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:23 PM

i was contacted june 1st saw the place june 3.... so i guess they have us in groups .... hopefully i get the email to come in and sign too! the excitement is overbearing!

Old 06-16-2022, 10:23 PM

586 posts, read 590,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
i do agree they are saying anything at the viewing to get us to take them small studios.... cos if there wasn't a roof top / pool / deck.... the amenities are a major selling point ... so makes sense how they are bragging about the pool being accessible asap
I honestly like the studio yes it's small but it has everything u need it and utilizes the space well... example is having the sliding garbage can under the sink

Old 06-17-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I honestly like the studio yes it's small but it has everything u need it and utilizes the space well... example is having the sliding garbage can under the sink
i did not notice the garbage under the sink, i saw the dw..... did you see if there was a garbage room on each floor? and does the building have multiple exits? or just the main entrance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery