Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 12:51 PM

213 posts, read 215,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Not exactly the same, but I was HPD approved for 350 Clarkson in May and declined after viewing and the process was way more streamlined for them too. My situation has not changed since then but I only had to submit 2 total rounds of docs for Lois and I'm on the 5th round of additional submissions+clarifications for BC and still haven't heard confirmation that everything is complete. I'm not sure who is deciding to make the process for BC so intense (the agency, building management etc.) but this is definitely more invasive than I've experienced with other projects.
that is a huge fear seeing a place, submitting tons of documents... just to be denied , i hope all goes well with you and glad to hear how on top of everything you are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 03:46 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
that is a huge fear seeing a place, submitting tons of documents... just to be denied , i hope all goes well with you and glad to hear how on top of everything you are!
Oh no I *declined* the apartment as in I said no to signing a lease that I was offered. With that building they didn't have you come in to view until after you were fully approved by the agency and HPD. I said no because I was then contacted by this building which I preferred the amenities and location.

But thank you, you have to be with this process! Good luck to you as well, I hope you're able to get an apartment that's great for you!

Old 06-26-2022, 08:09 PM

33 posts, read 28,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namebyuser View Post
Just curious for what lottery was that for?
It was for the 111 East 115th street Apartments

Old 06-26-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Not exactly the same, but I was HPD approved for 350 Clarkson in May and declined after viewing and the process was way more streamlined for them too. My situation has not changed since then but I only had to submit 2 total rounds of docs for Lois and I'm on the 5th round of additional submissions+clarifications for BC and still haven't heard confirmation that everything is complete. I'm not sure who is deciding to make the process for BC so intense (the agency, building management etc.) but this is definitely more invasive than I've experienced with other projects.
Ive lost count of how many rounds of docs I'm on! I've submitted the same documents several times. It's very frustrating but I'm not giving up because I really like this area and apartment. I feel like in the past they kept asking me for the same docs over and over again to wear me down and it eventually worked. This time, I'm like, you want me to send my current lease for the 6th time....fine!

Old 06-27-2022, 12:15 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassylight View Post
Ive lost count of how many rounds of docs I'm on! I've submitted the same documents several times. It's very frustrating but I'm not giving up because I really like this area and apartment. I feel like in the past they kept asking me for the same docs over and over again to wear me down and it eventually worked. This time, I'm like, you want me to send my current lease for the 6th time....fine!
Honestly, thanks so much for sharing that because at least I’m not alone! Same, I’ve submitted my retirement account statements to them at least 3 different times and there hasn’t even been enough time passed for a more recent one to be out, literally the exact same one. My last email was very passive aggressive, I’m hoping I’ve made it clear I’m not going away so they can just go ahead and approve me for goodness sake! We will get through this!

Old 06-27-2022, 01:36 PM

22 posts, read 19,894 times
signed the affidavits, they said we should be expecting closer to aug 1 lease signings rather than earlier

Old 06-27-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsurfboard View Post
signed the affidavits, they said we should be expecting closer to aug 1 lease signings rather than earlier
Did they say when they are sending to the city? last Tuesday they told me by weeks end but it wasn't sent.

Old 06-27-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassylight View Post
Did they say when they are sending to the city? last Tuesday they told me by weeks end but it wasn't sent.
they didn't give me a definitive date - they just told me that after you sign the affidavit they will do a final review and request additional documentation if needed. then only after the final review is complete will they send to the city.. so i guess it depends but they also said that you can tell that the final review from their end is complete once our documents are uploaded to HC by them

Old 06-28-2022, 09:37 AM

213 posts, read 215,933 times
I know this is a bit random but does anyone know at what floor view facing the Barclay do you begin to see over the Barclay grass? i heard of units that were basically 4th and 5th floor and no view at all..... i was assuming over 12th? to start seeing over the Barclay roof?

Old 06-28-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
I know this is a bit random but does anyone know at what floor view facing the Barclay do you begin to see over the Barclay grass? i heard of units that were basically 4th and 5th floor and no view at all..... i was assuming over 12th? to start seeing over the Barclay roof?
i saw one on the 15 floor and you could still barely see above the barclay grass.. i would think at least floors 20+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery