Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 06:19 PM

213 posts, read 215,933 times

Advertisements

For those who have been submitting and updating documents, have you done so on the actual brooklyn crossing application? or have you done via email..... i been seeing different methods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 08:29 PM

93 posts, read 75,798 times
Does anyone know if there are many studios left?

Old 06-25-2022, 08:37 PM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
They gave me a choice between 2 studios and I took one so idk if they only have 1 studio left

Old 06-25-2022, 09:37 PM

22 posts, read 19,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
there's no way to know the exact number but i assume there are probably a lot left given that they're showing at least 1 studio to those who qualify for the 1-bedroom apts

Old 06-25-2022, 10:47 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassylight View Post
They’re definitely in the 400’s also it looks like they did not send the group batch to the city for approval
I know! I'm 32x and still waiting to be sent to the city

Old 06-25-2022, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
For those who have been submitting and updating documents, have you done so on the actual brooklyn crossing application? or have you done via email..... i been seeing different methods.
The initial request for docs is always through HC. If they need additional docs, they may either open the HC portal again for you to submit or they may reach out via email and have you submit things directly to the agent handling your file. In my case, I did the initial submission via HC, then they sent a comment in HC and reopened the portal to submit additional things. Since, I've had several back and forths by email submitting additional docs and clarifications that way.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:57 AM

33 posts, read 28,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
If I get a request to submit via Housing Connect I submit there and email for a paper trail. the crazy document requests have me really suspicious of the process. I had less scrutiny when buying a house. but when my log was pulled in a less desirable neighborhood I didn't have the crazy document requests. in fact, after viewing the apartment and declining I was asked several times if I'd reconsider. I find it a bit suspicious that the process is fast and easy in a place across the street from the projects, yet difficult in this instance. I've been rejected before in "good neighborhoods" because of the document requests, but I've stayed on top of this process for this apartment and I'm shocked at the requests! It's never ending! I want to know why my salary/documents are perfect for one apartment but not good enough for the same qualifications in another! My friend told me that if they requested a money order for a credit check even though you submitted proof of rent payments, this was a signal to make a bribe payment. I so hope this isn't true. I declined an apartment in East Harlem and was never asked for a money order or the crazy amount of docs for this property. very different process for this process.

Last edited by cassylight; 06-26-2022 at 02:16 AM..

Old 06-26-2022, 06:41 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,861,108 times
Quote:
If I get a request to submit via Housing Connect I submit there and email for a paper trail. the crazy document requests have me really suspicious of the process. I had less scrutiny when buying a house. but when my log was pulled in a less desirable neighborhood I didn't have the crazy document requests. in fact, after viewing the apartment and declining I was asked several times if I'd reconsider. I find it a bit suspicious that the process is fast and easy in a place across the street from the projects, yet difficult in this instance. I've been rejected before in "good neighborhoods" because of the document requests, but I've stayed on top of this process for this apartment and I'm shocked at the requests! It's never ending! I want to know why my salary/documents are perfect for one apartment but not good enough for the same qualifications in another! My friend told me that if they requested a money order for a credit check even though you submitted proof of rent payments, this was a signal to make a bribe payment. I so hope this isn't true. I declined an apartment in East Harlem and was never asked for a money order or the crazy amount of docs for this property. very different process for this process.
They ask for the money order (which is used for both credit and background check, however, if you opt to show rent payments instead of credit check, then that is what they focus on, the actual check they do has both and cannot be isolated..I felt the same way. Given my log number, I should have been in the building at least one month already instead of this upcoming weekend (and the sh*t show that was the PM at HPD. Don’t give up just keep providing (as annoying as it is) everything they ask for.

Last edited by Marshabrady; 06-26-2022 at 07:14 AM..

Old 06-26-2022, 11:08 AM

172 posts, read 243,611 times
Quote:
I declined an apartment in East Harlem and was never asked for a money order or the crazy amount of docs for this property. very different process for this process.
Just curious for what lottery was that for?

Old 06-26-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namebyuser View Post
Just curious for what lottery was that for?
Not exactly the same, but I was HPD approved for 350 Clarkson in May and declined after viewing and the process was way more streamlined for them too. My situation has not changed since then but I only had to submit 2 total rounds of docs for Lois and I'm on the 5th round of additional submissions+clarifications for BC and still haven't heard confirmation that everything is complete. I'm not sure who is deciding to make the process for BC so intense (the agency, building management etc.) but this is definitely more invasive than I've experienced with other projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery