Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2022, 10:01 AM

66 posts, read 51,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsurfboard View Post
ugh, yeah i feel bad following up so often but my lease is ending soon and i really am hoping to be approved before having to find a short term sublet/put things in storage. i haven't had to send any additional documents and was also told i'm under senior review but time is ticking...
I'm in the same situation! My lease is ending soon and I'm really hoping to be approved before then. I signed my paperwork last week and haven't had to submit any new documents in the last three weeks, but I still don't see my TIC uploaded on Housing Connect. I don't like following up so often either, but just sent an email after reading everyone else's experiences in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 12:28 PM

15 posts, read 16,623 times
It's the worst!! Could you let me know if you do move forward? That way I know to follow up, I'll do the same!

Old 07-14-2022, 03:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,445,650 times
My TIC was finally uploaded today! #32x. I'm self employed so my process has been a bit of a nightmare but I can FINALLY see the light! I'll confirm when I'm approved (hopefully early/mid next week). Good luck to all, it WILL happen!

Old 07-14-2022, 06:05 PM

213 posts, read 216,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yes it’s the building’s policy however EVERYONE at the desk I’ve dealt with have been super nice and professional.

I wanted to also ask how is the overall sound proofing in the units? do you hear noise or loud music/tv's when you walk through the halls passing other units? i noticed alot of the units face eachother my biggest fear is leaving one noisy building to another....

Old 07-14-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
My TIC was finally uploaded today! #32x. I'm self employed so my process has been a bit of a nightmare but I can FINALLY see the light! I'll confirm when I'm approved (hopefully early/mid next week). Good luck to all, it WILL happen!
yes, you are completely right about following up, they are processing the lotteries for 5 buildings rn so yeah following up is good but no one should be too abrasive cos they might push your file all the way to back ! lol

Old 07-14-2022, 06:20 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
I wanted to also ask how is the overall sound proofing in the units? do you hear noise or loud music/tv's when you walk through the halls passing other units? i noticed alot of the units face eachother my biggest fear is leaving one noisy building to another....
I’m hearing one of my neighbors but I can’t tell from where. it’s nothing crazy and very inconsistent. I think here it’s no loud music after 8 or 9 (forget which) but the front desk already told me several times, don’t hesitate to call them if any. They seem pretty strict, hopefully I’m right . My floor is pretty quiet and where my apartment is, there are no apartments across from me YAY. The other apt next to me is empty right now and I pray I don’t get any ghetto neighbors, I left enough of that at my old building.

Aside from all that, I’ve heard nothing . Most tenants I’ve seen so far, all seem pretty friendly.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:25 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
I’m hearing one of my neighbors but I can’t tell from where. it’s nothing crazy and very inconsistent. I think here it’s no loud music after 8 or 9 (forget which) but the front desk already told me several times, don’t hesitate to call them if any. They seem pretty strict, hopefully I’m right . My floor is pretty quiet and where my apartment is, there are no apartments across from me YAY. The other apt next to me is empty right now and I pray I don’t get any ghetto neighbors, I left enough of that at my old building.

Aside from all that, I’ve heard nothing . Most tenants I’ve seen so far, all seem pretty friendly.
Such a fancy luxury building you were in and was surprised to find out there were ghetto neighbors - but it’s all in the past

Old 07-14-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Such a fancy luxury building you were in and was surprised to find out there were ghetto neighbors - but it’s all in the past
True and hopefully it stays that way. That said, the other building doesn’t compare

Old 07-14-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
True and hopefully it stays that way. That said, the other building doesn’t compare

sometimes one person can ruin a whole building!!!! do you need a reservation to use any of the office spaces? can anyone just go up with a laptop and sit down? you mentioned you went to the 51st floor but had to leave, is there rooftop security lol? sorry if im asking so much , excited to know.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
sometimes one person can ruin a whole building!!!! do you need a reservation to use any of the office spaces? can anyone just go up with a laptop and sit down? you mentioned you went to the 51st floor but had to leave, is there rooftop security lol? sorry if im asking so much , excited to know.
Yes, 27th floor is open, I went up today, few neighbors were sitting down enjoying the views. Will look at the resident handbook and let you know tomorrow, lol.

Not security, one of the porters, he was really nice about it but they saw us on the cameras
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery