Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2022, 07:14 PM

213 posts, read 219,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yes, 27th floor is open, I went up today, few neighbors were sitting down enjoying the views. Will look at the resident handbook and let you know tomorrow, lol.

Not security, one of the porters, he was really nice about it but they saw us on the cameras

How is package retrieval? can you get a package at anytime or do they only allow a certain window period in the day? yeah i never got a handbook most people got during the tour
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 07:19 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,876,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
How is package retrieval? can you get a package at anytime or do they only allow a certain window period in the day? yeah i never got a handbook most people got during the tour
You’re hilarious. The buildings is 24 hours therefore you can pick up your packages whenever. You only get the book when you become a resident

Old 07-15-2022, 02:14 AM

7 posts, read 8,013 times
Hello, I am new to this process and forum. I was contacted for a preview tour of the building. Log 6xx, do you think I got a chance? How does the process usually take?

Old 07-15-2022, 07:24 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,496,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyPink2022 View Post
Hello, I am new to this process and forum. I was contacted for a preview tour of the building. Log 6xx, do you think I got a chance? How does the process usually take?
Were you already contacted to submit documents? Not sure what a “preview tour” is. The typical process we’ve had is to send in the initial documents required and then be scheduled for a tour to view available units that you qualify for and you pick the one you want to be considered for. Then you go back and forth a few times with the agency providing additional documents and other clarifications to anything they need and finally your file is sent to the city for final approval and you get to sign a lease. That whole process has been taking people ~6-8 weeks but it can vary a lot depending on how complicated your financial situation and family composition is.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:15 PM

93 posts, read 76,315 times
Hi PunkyPink, I was also contacted to do a "Sneak Peak" preview tour (Log #6XX). I went last week and it was amazing! Lina - from what I recall, they offered this preview to the folks in the second group that will be asked to submit documents in the coming weeks. We got to see the amenities, and model homes of studio/1BR/2BR apartments.

Old 07-15-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
Hi PunkyPink, I was also contacted to do a "Sneak Peak" preview tour (Log #6XX). I went last week and it was amazing! Lina - from what I recall, they offered this preview to the folks in the second group that will be asked to submit documents in the coming weeks. We got to see the amenities, and model homes of studio/1BR/2BR apartments.
Very interesting, I guess they're changing things up. Honestly though, I bet this will cause more trouble for them as people see the amazing building before even starting the process. They're going to have people blowing up their phones asking for updates while they are trying to process the people they're already contacted. I guess I don't really get the point of these early tours, people are still going to want to come view the actual unit they are being considered for once they are being processed anyway. Strange.

Old 07-15-2022, 03:30 PM

213 posts, read 219,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Very interesting, I guess they're changing things up. Honestly though, I bet this will cause more trouble for them as people see the amazing building before even starting the process. They're going to have people blowing up their phones asking for updates while they are trying to process the people they're already contacted. I guess I don't really get the point of these early tours, people are still going to want to come view the actual unit they are being considered for once they are being processed anyway. Strange.
this was my main thought when i noticed the stall of tics being sent, they were sending so many people to see units that actual files were not being sent for weeks....

does anyone know how many decks are there? someone said it's a front one and back by libary, i hope they aren't over crowded , with over 800 units i can only imagine....covid is still real!

Old 07-15-2022, 06:37 PM

138 posts, read 165,934 times
Quote:
Makes sense to weed out people that will submit documents and then pass on the unit.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariez4490 View Post
Makes sense to weed out people that will submit documents and then pass on the unit.
I feel like it makes sense for smaller buildings with few/no amenities or inconvenient locations bc I think that does happen a lot in those cases. But I bet the vast majority of people who see this building find it to be better than they expected.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:09 PM

138 posts, read 165,934 times
Quote:
I feel like it makes sense for smaller buildings with few/no amenities or inconvenient locations bc I think that does happen a lot in those cases. But I bet the vast majority of people who see this building find it to be better than they expected.
Yeah, that’s true… might backfire like you said. But if the second batch hasn’t submitted documents yet then there’s not much they can pester them about at this point. Sucks it delays everything else though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery