Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2022, 07:54 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
this was my main thought when i noticed the stall of tics being sent, they were sending so many people to see units that actual files were not being sent for weeks....

does anyone know how many decks are there? someone said it's a front one and back by libary, i hope they aren't over crowded , with over 800 units i can only imagine....covid is still real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariez4490 View Post
Makes sense to weed out people that will submit documents and then pass on the unit.
The problem with that theory is, if you’re being shown “model apartments” and not the option(s) that you would have then you’re potentially passing with incorrect information. I’ve yet to see my floor plan on theirs or Streeteasy’s website. If I was going through the process and was shown one model apt and not the one I’m currently in, and I passed and somehow later learned what I passed on, I would be royally pi***d.

I would rather they email me my floor plan choices…

A clear case of working harder not smarter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 08:07 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
The problem with that theory is, if you’re being shown “model apartments” and not the option(s) that you would have then you’re potentially passing with incorrect information. I’ve yet to see my floor plan on theirs or Streeteasy’s website. If I was going through the process and was shown one model apt and not the one I’m currently in, and I passed and somehow later learned what I passed on, I would be royally pi***d.

I would rather they email me my floor plan choices…

A clear case of working harder not smarter
TBH, after going through the MHANY approval process, I think their motto is exactly "work harder, not smarter!"

Old 07-15-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
TBH, after going through the MHANY approval process, I think their motto is exactly "work harder, not smarter!"
Indeed, it just sucks because it’s real life shyte affecting peoples’ lives and the attitude is so lackadaisical.

Old 07-16-2022, 12:24 PM

14 posts, read 13,323 times
Default eligibility

Hi all!

Just a quick question. I have log #5xx and it sounds like people in the 6xx have been contacted for preview tours. I was never contacted...does this mean they looked at my information and deemed me ineligible? Can't quite figure it out. Thank you!

Old 07-19-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
My TIC was finally uploaded today! #32x. I'm self employed so my process has been a bit of a nightmare but I can FINALLY see the light! I'll confirm when I'm approved (hopefully early/mid next week). Good luck to all, it WILL happen!
UPDATE: Just received HPD approval! For all you self-employed people, the process may be extra long and stressful but it IS possible and it IS worth it!

Old 07-19-2022, 01:44 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Congrats!!! Happy packing!!!

Quote:
UPDATE: Just received HPD approval! For all you self-employed people, the process may be extra long and stressful but it IS possible and it IS worth it!

Old 07-19-2022, 02:22 PM

66 posts, read 51,723 times
Quote:
Congratulations!! I have self-employment income too and it's been such a pain. So glad to hear you're approved and hope I'm right behind you! Did they give you options for lease start dates?

Old 07-19-2022, 03:18 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Best wishes. I hope it is all you expect and more.

Old 07-19-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Congrats!!! Happy packing!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaki View Post
Congratulations!! I have self-employment income too and it's been such a pain. So glad to hear you're approved and hope I'm right behind you! Did they give you options for lease start dates?
Thanks! It is a marathon, keep at it! Yes they gave me 8/15 or 9/1. I chose 8/15 but the elevator was already booked for that day so I will actually be moving in later that week. They also gave me 1 or 2 year choice at the same rent, exactly what is listed on HC.

Just FYI for everyone, once you are approved, you are contacted by someone from Brodsky who takes you through the lease signing process, it all happens very fast. They basically ask you for your planned move-in date and schedule the elevator for you (required) immediately. They gave me the option to sign the lease and riders electronically or have them mailed to me (I chose electronic). For the 1st month and security, they provided me a pre-paid FEDEX label to return the 2 checks once I've signed the lease electronically. I know others have had to go to their office to drop off checks, I believe that since I have a couple weeks till my lease start, this option was offered. There was still the option to bring them in person but I had no issues sending them via FEDEX as I will have already signed the lease.

Old 07-19-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Congrats and welcome future neighbor . I see Rosé in our future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery