Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 11:19 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,462,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyoo86 View Post
Hello all - quick question for those who have moved in already or have been invited to view units.

How has the 1 bed unit selection been for lottery units? Any limitations? high vs low, manhattan view vs reg city view or island kitch vs non-island.

I saw from spreadsheet that 06 and 21 lines were offered and could find the the layouts on streeteasy.

Thanks!
From what people have been reporting, lotto people have been shown units on floors ~10-25, facing all directions. I think there are very few apartments in the building with the island kitchen and I haven't seen anyone on here say they were shown one of those. It doesn't seem like there are specific limitations but they pick which 3 apartments they'll show you and you don't have the option to request a specific floor or view, you choose from what they offer you. Some people have had success seeing a particular line and then requesting a higher floor unit in that same line (I was able to do this but was not able to view that particular unit before signing my lease) but I tried to ask for a specific view before touring and that was not honored. As far as lines, I know people have been shown 07, 09, 10, 20, and 21, and I'm sure others (people can chime in).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 05:58 PM

15 posts, read 16,633 times
I got approved today!

Old 08-04-2022, 07:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearlover View Post
I got approved today!
Congratulations!

Old 08-04-2022, 07:49 PM

6 posts, read 5,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsurfboard View Post
congrats! you will likely be approved by early next week
I just got approved today! Much faster than I was expecting!

Old 08-06-2022, 01:10 PM

93 posts, read 75,928 times
So, I had my tour and fell in love with the 1 bedroom layout, but the view is of the Barclays hill-like rooftop . The studio was also very nice but facing the train tracks. I got to see units on the 11th and 9th floors. The studio was larger than the one offered to me at 5Pointz. Has anyone requested a higher floor and being accommodated? Worth a shot asking?

Old 08-06-2022, 01:40 PM

586 posts, read 586,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
So, I had my tour and fell in love with the 1 bedroom layout, but the view is of the Barclays hill-like rooftop . The studio was also very nice but facing the train tracks. I got to see units on the 11th and 9th floors. The studio was larger than the one offered to me at 5Pointz. Has anyone requested a higher floor and being accommodated? Worth a shot asking?
I didn't like 5 pointz apartments the building is nice tho

Old 08-06-2022, 02:14 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,462,201 times
Quote:
Yes, you can absolutely ask what else is available. Ask MHANY not the tour guide or people at the building, MHANY assigns the lotto units. The line I preferred when I toured was a 1br on floor 11, I asked and was offered the same line several floors higher, which I accepted.

Old 08-06-2022, 02:27 PM

122 posts, read 119,114 times
I was finally reached out to for documents (I had slowly given up hope). I am hoping for a studio, for those who have toured or already moved into studios, any specific lines have the best or biggest studio layouts (in your opinion)? I saw folks say that alcove studios aren’t available, so just hoping to see what other studios are like. Thanks.

Last edited by BklynGirl06; 08-06-2022 at 03:46 PM..

Old 08-06-2022, 03:33 PM

213 posts, read 216,897 times
Quote:

Which floor had view of the barclay hill? i was told u might need to be at least over the 19th to start seeing over!!! that barclay hill roof is huge esp if your unit is center facing!

Old 08-07-2022, 10:40 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,843,536 times
I decided to take up the tour offer for the affordable units to entertain my curiosity. The Brodsky agent showed two units, one studio & one 1BR in the higher floor (above 30th floor). The views from the windows from both units were nice. The studio was facing Barclays dome but because it's in the higher floor so it doesn't matter, you can still see the city wide from above. For 1BR, it was a corner unit so the view of the city was all over from the windows that wrapped the entire unit!

The studio layout that I saw is similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3404

The 1BR layout is similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3603

Here are the views from each units that I took:

Studio unit view: https://imgur.com/a/kJwgabk

Corner 1BR unit view: https://imgur.com/a/ySzwtjn

I was like... I wish the lottery winners were offered one of these units, it would have been awesome!

The amenities are great, the agent said the amenities fee is $95/month but he doesn't know yet whether that fee is including the access to swimming pool.

I recall someone in here asking whether they can eat in the amenities area, the answer is yes, there is a communal dining room on 51st floor. If you go to the 51 Lounge, in the opposite side of the SkyLounge & swimming pool area, you will find a big dining table with a kitchen counter, I guess residents may be able to entertain their guests for meals over there

51st floor communal kitchen & dining table: https://imgur.com/a/BAckCun

The agent said 51st & 6th floors amenities should be ready by the end of August.

Overall, it's a great luxurious apartment building! I just hope the management can maintain their amenities clean, neat, & tidy, I can't imagine 858 units residents using it daily.

Good luck in getting a unit in BC!!!

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 08-07-2022 at 10:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery