Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2022, 11:05 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,876,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I decided to take up the tour offer for the affordable units to entertain my curiosity. The Brodsky agent showed two units, one studio & one 1BR in the higher floor (above 30th floor). The views from the windows from both units were nice. The studio was facing Barclays dome but because it's in the higher floor so it doesn't matter, you can still see the city wide from above. For 1BR, it was a corner unit so the view of the city was all over from the windows that wrapped the entire unit!

The studio layout that I saw is similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3404

The 1BR layout is similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3603

Here are the views from each units that I took:

Studio unit view: https://imgur.com/a/kJwgabk

Corner 1BR unit view: https://imgur.com/a/ySzwtjn

I was like... I wish the lottery winners were offered one of these units, it would have been awesome!

The amenities are great, the agent said the amenities fee is $95/month but he doesn't know yet whether that fee is including the access to swimming pool.

I recall someone in here asking whether they can eat in the amenities area, the answer is yes, there is a communal dining room on 51st floor. If you go to the 51 Lounge, in the opposite side of the SkyLounge & swimming pool area, you will find a big dining table with a kitchen counter, I guess residents may be able to entertain their guests for meals over there

51st floor communal kitchen & dining table: https://imgur.com/a/BAckCun

The agent said 51st & 6th floors amenities should be ready by the end of August.

Overall, it's a great luxurious apartment building! I just hope the management can maintain their amenities clean, neat, & tidy, I can't imagine 858 units residents using it daily.

Good luck in getting a unit in BC!!!
That’s awesome, are you at least tempted to go forward? How big was the apt? It’s interesting, you would think that high up, you would get a better view and that might be true for some but I can’t honestly say I would trade a thing about my apt except for maybe one more closet.

I know of at least one athlete already living here and I’m sure there with be other high profile tenants, I can’t image that keeping it cleaning won’t be a priority. I’m just happy those nasty bugs are gone for now. I was getting nervous walking in the building.

Last edited by Marshabrady; 08-07-2022 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 11:17 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,856,599 times
I was tempted to go forward for a 1BR unit ONLY IF I would be assigned to that corner 1BR that I saw during the tour & in the above 30th floor... But I guess that's just my wishful thinking! The corner 1BR unit was quite spacious actually with three big closets & I LOVE those windows surrounded the unit walls, pretty much like you live in an aquarium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That’s awesome, are you at least tempted to go forward? How big was the apt? It’s interesting, you would think that high up, you would get a better view and that might be true for some but I can’t honestly say I would trade a thing about my apt except for maybe one more closet

Old 08-07-2022, 11:19 AM

What?! There were nasty bugs in BC already? Or in your old place?

I really hope so too that the management will keep up with the maintenance especially in the amenities area!

Quote:
I know of at least one athlete already living here and I’m sure there with be other high profile tenants, I can’t image that keeping it cleaning won’t be a priority. I’m just happy those nasty bugs are gone for now. I was getting nervous walking in the building.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I was tempted to go forward for a 1BR unit ONLY IF I would be assigned to that corner 1BR that I saw during the tour & in the above 30th floor... But I guess that's just my wishful thinking! The corner 1BR unit was quite spacious actually with three big closets & I LOVE those windows surrounded the unit walls, pretty much like you live in an aquarium!
Wait, did you view through the marketing agency or MHANY?

Old 08-07-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
What?! There were nasty bugs in BC already? Or in your old place?

I really hope so too that the management will keep up with the maintenance especially in the amenities area!
No, lol. It’s the lantern bugs or something like that, that was all over the news. They were outside by the planters and I think on 51 but they were able to get rid of them.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:25 AM

I think he is from the Brodsky but he clearly gave a tour for affordable/middle income tenants because he gave us a handouts with the housing lottery information/income in it so he wasn't confused us with the future MR tenants.

Quote:
Wait, did you view through the marketing agency or MHANY?

Old 08-07-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I think he is from the Brodsky but he clearly gave a tour for affordable/middle income tenants because he gave us a handouts with the housing lottery information/income in it so he wasn't confused us with the future MR tenants.
Ok, so this is one of those group tours that they’re doing for MHANY. Yeah, that’s the problem, they showed you “model units” and not the choice of units you would be offered.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:32 AM

They seemed to show you units in random floors. If they showed you units that are in a very good location & layouts, that will create an expectation like what they just did to me, fortunately I won't move forward

Quote:
Ok, so this is one of those group tours that they’re doing for MHANY. Yeah, that’s the problem, they showed you “model units” and not the choice of units you would be offered.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:46 AM

213 posts, read 219,079 times
Quote:
I decided to take up the tour offer for the affordable units to entertain my curiosity. The Brodsky agent showed two units, one studio & one 1BR in the higher floor (above 30th floor). The views from the windows from both units were nice. The studio was facing Barclays dome but because it's in the higher floor so it doesn't matter, you can still see the city wide from above. For 1BR, it was a corner unit so the view of the city was all over from the windows that wrapped the entire unit!

The studio layout that I saw is similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3404

The 1BR layout is similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3603

Here are the views from each units that I took:

Studio unit view: https://imgur.com/a/kJwgabk

Corner 1BR unit view: https://imgur.com/a/ySzwtjn

I was like... I wish the lottery winners were offered one of these units, it would have been awesome!

The amenities are great, the agent said the amenities fee is $95/month but he doesn't know yet whether that fee is including the access to swimming pool.

I recall someone in here asking whether they can eat in the amenities area, the answer is yes, there is a communal dining room on 51st floor. If you go to the 51 Lounge, in the opposite side of the SkyLounge & swimming pool area, you will find a big dining table with a kitchen counter, I guess residents may be able to entertain their guests for meals over there

51st floor communal kitchen & dining table: https://imgur.com/a/BAckCun

The agent said 51st & 6th floors amenities should be ready by the end of August.

Overall, it's a great luxurious apartment building! I just hope the management can maintain their amenities clean, neat, & tidy, I can't imagine 858 units residents using it daily.

Good luck in getting a unit in BC!!!

thanks for sharing the pics, for 95$ a month the amenities should be 24/7 , i do not like the idea of a time gap yet they are showing/hosting tours all day , when do you really get to enjoy the perks without being lumped in with tour visitors....

does the 27th floor deck really close at 8pm?

Old 08-07-2022, 11:56 AM

I doubt the amenities will be open 24/7 because the management will need time to do daily clean up & also, it's related to security (can't imagine someone drown in the swimming pool in the middle of the night where there is no lifeguard on duty).

The amenities in my building is from 5am to 1am (the swimming pool is only until 10pm) & occasionally closed during the day for deep cleaning. I'm happy that my building management really takes care of the building with a very high standard of maintenance, the smell that I get whenever I come home is like stepping into a five star hotel!

As for tours for future tenants, these are inevitable unfortunately because the building is constantly looking for new tenants. You like it or not, you will see these tours anytime while you enjoy the amenities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
thanks for sharing the pics, for 95$ a month the amenities should be 24/7 , i do not like the idea of a time gap yet they are showing/hosting tours all day , when do you really get to enjoy the perks without being lumped in with tour visitors.... does the decks really close at 8pm?

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 08-07-2022 at 12:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery