Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 01:53 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaNYC View Post
No, all it said was I didn't meet the requirement and all it had was 65k. Yeah I was thinking about having my work write me a letter but I already submitted by docs for appeal...

We'll see. And yes, this is horrible and too stressful for me lol.
Even if you appealed already, I suggest you get that letter from your employer along with you most recent pay stubs. Get a copy of your 2021 taxes if you originally applied with 2020 taxes.

Consider consulting one of these groups:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...bassadors.page

Read and understand Income in the handbook. And appeals p33 (?). Consult table of contents.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 02:00 PM

42 posts, read 43,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Even if you appealed already, I suggest you get that letter from your employer along with you most recent pay stubs. Get a copy of your 2021 taxes if you originally applied with 2020 taxes.

Consider consulting one of these groups:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...bassadors.page

Read and understand Income in the handbook. And appeals p33 (?). Consult table of contents.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Best of luck to you.
Thank you for the resources- I applied with my 2021 federal tax returns but bc I was unemployed until August 2021, my income only shows what I made those past 3 months. However, I submitted my offer letter that states 65k as well as documentation of my $500 bonus..

UGH

Old 05-04-2022, 02:03 PM

15 posts, read 16,614 times
Got an email saying action required...but it was for another apartment in a horrible location. :/ Fingers crossed they'll get to the 400's for here !

Old 05-04-2022, 03:30 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearlover View Post
Got an email saying action required...but it was for another apartment in a horrible location. :/ Fingers crossed they'll get to the 400's for here !
Ha, YES! I signed up for text alerts from HC and my heart skips a beat whenever I get one. I've been contacted a lot recently for tiny buildings with no amenities in ****ty locations while I wait for this dream. I think we'll both definitely be contacted (I'm 32x), they're just moving so slowly.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:17 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
I looked at three apartments today. Things you may want to know: the lottery apts are the same as the market rate ones (from what I saw last Saturday and today. There is a pullout garbage under the sink (that’s a big deal for me). Refrigerators have ice makers. I was told amenities fee is $95 a month, though when I toured MR I was told $98, I think it’s the same for all tenants.

Also, amenities is either in or out for the duration of your lease. I looked at a one bedroom on 15 and 16. Will opt for 15, its close to 700sq and has 3 closets, two of them W2W, 16 was a little over 600 sq but had a WIC. I looked at the studio, had a WIC closet but no interest.

Would ideally like a higher floor but the layout is so good so no complaints.

What you see on YouTube is pretty accurate. Hope this helps.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I looked at three apartments today. Things you may want to know: the lottery apts are the same as the market rate ones (from what I saw last Saturday and today. There is a pullout garbage under the sink (that’s a big deal for me). Refrigerators have ice makers. I was told amenities fee is $95 a month, though when I toured MR I was told $98, I think it’s the same for all tenants.

Also, amenities is either in or out for the duration of your lease. I looked at a one bedroom on 15 and 16. Will opt for 15, its close to 700sq and has 3 closets, 16 was a little over 600 sq but had a WIC. I looked at the studio, had a WIC closet but no interest.

Would ideally like a higher floor but the layout is so good so no complaints.

What you see on YouTube is pretty accurate. Hope this helps.
Amazing! Glad to hear the apartments are the same, yay for a fancy fridge and HUGE apartments!

15th floor or so would be fine with me, I'd honestly be kinda scared living on like the 40th floor or something . Did they happen to mention whether the pool is or is not included in the $95 (or $98) a month?

Old 05-05-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Amazing! Glad to hear the apartments are the same, yay for a fancy fridge and HUGE apartments!

15th floor or so would be fine with me, I'd honestly be kinda scared living on like the 40th floor or something . Did they happen to mention whether the pool is or is not included in the $95 (or $98) a month?
I knew I was forgetting something, lol. Yes, the fee includes the pool.

Yeah, no complaints on the floor,I’ve seen what happens with broken elevators here; lol.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Ha no worries. I'm a life-long swimmer so the prospect of having a pool at my building in NYC was always a dream that wouldn't come true so now I'm super invested in the pool info lol. WOW, thats honestly so amazing and unexpected. I would've paid to join the pool if it was separate but that would've gotten tight financially.

Lol, yes that too. Just in case, not being 20+ floors up is peace of mind for me.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Yeah, no complaints on the floor,I’ve seen what happens with broken elevators here; lol.
Oh, one other question if you don't mind. Did they say how they handle guests using the amenities? Like if you have friends over, can they use the pool deck, or family staying for the weekend, can they use the gym? Or is there like a day pass option in those cases?

Sorry if the questions are annoying, obviously when I go through the process (hopefully soon) I can ask all these questions too.

Old 05-05-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Oh, one other question if you don't mind. Did they say how they handle guests using the amenities? Like if you have friends over, can they use the pool deck, or family staying for the weekend, can they use the gym? Or is there like a day pass option in those cases?

Sorry if the questions are annoying, obviously when I go through the process (hopefully soon) I can ask all these questions too.
Not annoying at all but I didn’t ask. She should be emailing me the floor plans, will ask then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery