Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 09:56 AM

42 posts, read 43,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Ohh awesome, congrats to you and Marshabrady! Ella, it sounds like your process moved pretty quick once your appeal was successful, great to hear!

I have also never heard of anyone denied by HPD, it seems like the agencies do know what they're doing, at least in terms of making sure HPD has all the info they need to make a decision.

Meanwhile, I submitted my docs on Monday and was really hoping to be invited to view next week but nothing yet.
Yeah, it's been about a week since I have been put back in the process and I have already viewed and signing affidavit tomorrow. Hopefully the pace stays this way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 10:06 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,496,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaNYC View Post
Yeah, it's been about a week since I have been put back in the process and I have already viewed and signing affidavit tomorrow. Hopefully the pace stays this way!
That's very encouraging. It does appear that I was at the top end of the logs they reached out to last Friday since I have 32x and someone with 34x was not contacted so I am assuming that possibly those at the lower end of that group have been invited to view. I'd love to hear if Bkbreme has been invited to view as I think they were that lower end of this latest batch.

If only they had a way to keep us all updated as to what # they are up to at each step of the process, like up to xxx have been requested for docs, up to xxx have been invited to view, qualified people up to xxx have been offered leases etc. Alas, they leave us to wonder and stress about it.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:39 PM

7 posts, read 6,858 times
Quote:
That's very encouraging. It does appear that I was at the top end of the logs they reached out to last Friday since I have 32x and someone with 34x was not contacted so I am assuming that possibly those at the lower end of that group have been invited to view. I'd love to hear if Bkbreme has been invited to view as I think they were that lower end of this latest batch.

If only they had a way to keep us all updated as to what # they are up to at each step of the process, like up to xxx have been requested for docs, up to xxx have been invited to view, qualified people up to xxx have been offered leases etc. Alas, they leave us to wonder and stress about it.
Hi there! I have not yet been invited to view apartments. To those who have already, does the credit check/12 months of rent payments portion come before or after apartment viewing?

Old 05-19-2022, 01:48 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,876,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbreme View Post
Hi there! I have not yet been invited to view apartments. To those who have already, does the credit check/12 months of rent payments portion come before or after apartment viewing?
After viewing when you go to sign TIC docs.

Old 05-19-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbreme View Post
Darn, thanks for the update.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:52 PM

7 posts, read 6,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
After viewing when you go to sign TIC docs.
Good to know, thanks!

Old 05-23-2022, 08:01 AM

PSA for anyone dealing with this marketing agent: Make sure you actively check HC for updates/additional requests and do not rely on getting a notification or email when they change your status. They reviewed my documents and requested clarification (self-employment income) and a couple of additional documents via a comment on my HC portal. They also changed my status to "action needed" but in neither case did I receive any notification from HC. If I hadn't checked the portal myself, I would not have seen the new request. This seems like poor site design but just be on the look out.

In the end, I called them and clarified what they needed and I just received an invitation to view units next week!

Last edited by linamonroll; 05-23-2022 at 08:34 AM..

Old 05-23-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
PSA for anyone dealing with this marketing agent: Make sure you actively check HC for updates/additional requests and do not rely on getting a notification or email when they change your status. They reviewed my documents and requested clarification (self-employment income) and a couple of additional documents via a comment on my HC portal. They also changed my status to "action needed" but in neither case did I receive any notification from HC. If I hadn't checked the portal myself, I would not have seen the new request. This seems like poor site design but just be on the look out.

In the end, I called them and clarified what they needed and I just received an invitation to view units next week!
That is awesome. One step closer. Yes, I spoke with the marketing agent about how problematic the HC site is. I consistently email or call with the hope of not being annoying, lol.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That is awesome. One step closer. Yes, I spoke with the marketing agent about how problematic the HC site is. I consistently email or call with the hope of not being annoying, lol.
Yes! they changed my status on Friday but I only saw it last night. And the deadline to respond was this Friday, I hadn't checked HC (I would bc I'm crazy but if someone doesn't), I may have missed the deadline and had to appeal etc. Bottom line, keep a close eye on your email AND the HC portal even if you submitted everything and always call when in doubt!

Any updates on lease signing timeline for those of you at that stage?

Also, I'm going to be out of town June 5th-10th which I'm thinking might conflict with signing the TIC docs, does anyone know if there is an option to sign those electronically?

Old 05-23-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Yes! they changed my status on Friday but I only saw it last night. And the deadline to respond was this Friday, I hadn't checked HC (I would bc I'm crazy but if someone doesn't), I may have missed the deadline and had to appeal etc. Bottom line, keep a close eye on your email AND the HC portal even if you submitted everything and always call when in doubt!

Any updates on lease signing timeline for those of you at that stage?

Also, I'm going to be out of town June 5th-10th which I'm thinking might conflict with signing the TIC docs, does anyone know if there is an option to sign those electronically?
I'm assuming you've been talking to Lennita (she's awesome btw). If so, I would email/call her to ask. May be possible to stop their offices after viewing and sign? They're only 5 minutes walk from BC...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery