Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 04:45 AM

15 posts, read 16,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaki View Post
Log 34x -- I was just contacted to submit docs!!
I also was contacted early this morning Log number in the high 4XX's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 06:46 AM

22 posts, read 19,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearlover View Post
I also was contacted early this morning Log number in the high 4XX's!
Me too! Log number high 4xx's as well

Old 05-31-2022, 12:44 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,475,540 times
Hey all, I viewed units this morning, holy WOW. The building is beautiful and fancy! I saw 2 1brs and 1 studio on the 11th floor, 15th floor and the 22nd floor, all facing the train tracks (sad face). I much preferred the layout of the 11th floor 1br. Afterwards, I went to the MAHNY office and signed the TIC docs. The woman was SO nice and checked if they had the same layout as the 11th floor on a higher floor and they did, so I went with that!

WOW the views from the 27th and rooftop are spectacular, just unreal. The tour guide said the 27th floor deck should be open in June and the pool in August. I was told $95/mo for the amenities, the tour guide didn't know the procedure about guests using them so idk about that. The fee is per person not per apartment just FYI for anyone that applies to.

In terms of lease signing and move-in, management told me once they send to the city they usually turn around in 1 week and then you can sign a lease for the 1st or 15th, I told her I wanted to move ASAP so idk if there is any flexibility in terms of pushing out the lease start 1-2 additional months.

I'lll let you know when I hear next, those ahead of me keep us posted when you get a lease! Can't wait to all be neighbors!

Old 05-31-2022, 12:48 PM

22 posts, read 19,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Hey all, I viewed units this morning, holy WOW. The building is beautiful and fancy! I saw 2 1brs and 1 studio on the 11th floor, 15th floor and the 22nd floor, all facing the train tracks (sad face). I much preferred the layout of the 11th floor 1br. Afterwards, I went to the MAHNY office and signed the TIC docs. The woman was SO nice and checked if they had the same layout as the 11th floor on a higher floor and they did, so I went with that!

WOW the views from the 27th and rooftop are spectacular, just unreal. The tour guide said the 27th floor deck should be open in June and the pool in August. I was told $95/mo for the amenities, the tour guide didn't know the procedure about guests using them so idk about that. The fee is per person not per apartment just FYI for anyone that applies to.

In terms of lease signing and move-in, management told me once they send to the city they usually turn around in 1 week and then you can sign a lease for the 1st or 15th, I told her I wanted to move ASAP so idk if there is any flexibility in terms of pushing out the lease start 1-2 additional months.

I'lll let you know when I hear next, those ahead of me keep us posted when you get a lease! Can't wait to all be neighbors!
sounds amazing!! what is the layout/line of the 1bed you viewed?

Old 05-31-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsurfboard View Post
sounds amazing!! what is the layout/line of the 1bed you viewed?
I viewed the 07 line and the 10 line, the studio was the 09 line

Old 05-31-2022, 01:35 PM

15 posts, read 13,481 times
Sounds so great! Thanks for the info on the amenities packages.

For the "sending to city", what part of the process do you think we are at right now if we're already viewing apartments? Seems to me like a July move-in is what it sounds like?

How were the finishes in the apartments that you viewed? How did they compare to what we see for the MR photos?

Old 05-31-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterNYC View Post
Sounds so great! Thanks for the info on the amenities packages.

For the "sending to city", what part of the process do you think we are at right now if we're already viewing apartments? Seems to me like a July move-in is what it sounds like?

How were the finishes in the apartments that you viewed? How did they compare to what we see for the MR photos?
Well the agent said some people have already been approved and signed leases, idk at what logs though. So once you sign the TIC docs, she said her supervisor reviews the package and they reach out to you for anything else. She said they are very careful about sending files to the city where they are 99.999% sure they will approve/have no issues with it.

I think July 1st or 15th lease dates are definitely possible for those of us in the ~200-400s group that was contacted on May 13th. But is basically seems that once you're approved, they give you the option to sign for the very next 1st or 15th, and then you can try to negotiate something further out than that if you need to, I have no idea how successful you'd be though.

The apartments were beautiful, exact same finishes. Ice maker in the freezer (not on the door), dishwasher that has cabinet exterior to it blends in, same flooring, w/d in a closet with a shelf above, built-in shelves in the bathroom next to the sink, full length mirror with full length medicine cabinet inside on a side bathroom wall, a handheld shower head in addition to the overhead one, I didn't notice any differences, though I never toured the MR units. But the units I saw looked just like the pics on streeteasy and the videos on YT.

Old 05-31-2022, 02:32 PM

229 posts, read 242,123 times
Quote:

For the price , I seriously want a nice view. It’s sad that lottery applicant are always offered the less desirable view .

Old 05-31-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
For the price , I seriously want a nice view. It’s sad that lottery applicant are always offered the less desirable view .
I get it. The view is not bad though, honestly, you can see all over brooklyn, no obstructions and even down to prospect park. It's just not the ULTIMATE view, but you can easily get those from elsewhere in the building. I guess if you want to get yourself a perfect view, spend 6k a month lol. But someone on here got shown a view towards manhattan. I guess it just depends on what they assign you, idk how they choose. Also, there are market rate units on the 7th floor that face barclays and literally look at the grass top and nothing else, talk about no view! I'd take a 20s floor view of BK anyday over that lol

Last edited by linamonroll; 05-31-2022 at 02:47 PM..

Old 05-31-2022, 04:11 PM

93 posts, read 76,051 times
Quote:
I get it. The view is not bad though, honestly, you can see all over brooklyn, no obstructions and even down to prospect park. It's just not the ULTIMATE view, but you can easily get those from elsewhere in the building. I guess if you want to get yourself a perfect view, spend 6k a month lol. But someone on here got shown a view towards manhattan. I guess it just depends on what they assign you, idk how they choose. Also, there are market rate units on the 7th floor that face barclays and literally look at the grass top and nothing else, talk about no view! I'd take a 20s floor view of BK anyday over that lol
Wow! Sounds amazing and congratulations!
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the 07 /10/ & 09 lines you mentioned?

Did you happen to take any pictures?

Last edited by rentoodamnhigh; 05-31-2022 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery