Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 01:16 PM

101 posts, read 116,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I won't be moving forward when contacted later but will def update again so I wish you good luck!
Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 05:33 PM

172 posts, read 243,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
My log is 10XX, I haven't been asked to submit any paperwork yet but I was invited to view the apartment last week. The email that I got for the apartment tour said my log number will be reached in the next 4-6 weeks, at which point they will begin the review process.
So they invite you to view apartment and then you have to wait up to a month to start the process of submitting docs?! Omg the anxiety would kill me! With that said I still hope they reach my log number. LOL

Old 08-11-2022, 08:22 PM

53 posts, read 46,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yes, you do unless they deliver it curbside and you bring it up yourself.
Oh wow, thanks for informing me. I heard you have to put down a $1,000 deposit, if you move in yourself and I know moving companies have their own "COI's". But do furniture companies have their own, or do we have to put in a deposit, every time an order comes in?

Old 08-12-2022, 04:01 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildoneb View Post
Oh wow, thanks for informing me. I heard you have to put down a $1,000 deposit, if you move in yourself and I know moving companies have their own "COI's". But do furniture companies have their own, or do we have to put in a deposit, every time an order comes in?
Any reputable furniture company should be able to provide a COI especially if they service cities like New York. I’m not aware of any deposit required if no COI…. I’ve only had two furniture deliveries and one was delayed because I didn’t get the COI. That was a hard lesson

Old 08-12-2022, 07:33 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
IKR?!!! It will give you more anxiety & excitement if the tour took you to see the units in higher floors with nice view & great layouts But then after your papers checked they take you to see the units that are proposed to be assigned for you for real & DANG! Far away from expectation

Quote:
Originally Posted by namebyuser View Post
So they invite you to view apartment and then you have to wait up to a month to start the process of submitting docs?! Omg the anxiety would kill me! With that said I still hope they reach my log number. LOL

Old 08-12-2022, 11:02 AM

24 posts, read 25,109 times
Does anyone one know if this building is rent stabilized ?

Old 08-12-2022, 11:44 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersky View Post
Does anyone one know if this building is rent stabilized ?
The "building" isn't but the lottery apartment units are.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:45 AM

24 posts, read 25,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
The "building" isn't but the lottery apartment units are.
Right! I should've specified LOL ! Thank you

Old 08-12-2022, 11:48 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersky View Post
Right! I should've specified LOL ! Thank you
Ha, no worries. Some entire buildings are. In this case the lotto units are about 30% of the building and my lease clearly said RS.

Old 08-14-2022, 01:05 AM

93 posts, read 75,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yes, you can absolutely ask what else is available. Ask MHANY not the tour guide or people at the building, MHANY assigns the lotto units. The line I preferred when I toured was a 1br on floor 11, I asked and was offered the same line several floors higher, which I accepted.
Ask and ye shall receive!

I am going in next week to sign documents for a studio but on a higher floor! I will also get to look at the particular unit since it wasn't the one I originally toured. Nothing but good experiences dealing with MHANY and the Brodsky team.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery