Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2022, 08:49 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

Good decision!

I was contacted by several lotteries (One Boerum, Two Blue Slip, The Gilroy, Capitol Towers) after I won my current unit but I turned them all down. I decided to stay in here as long as I could because I really like it! Also, I was lucky to still get a reasonable rent price. With the AMI range I'm at now (130%-165% AMI), it's impossible to get a rent price below $2000 especially in Midtwon Manhattan.

Hope your process to get a unit in BC is smooth & that you will move in quickly & enjoy the building has to offer. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Yea ima take this one over flushing it's a better location and building they just sent my paperwork to hpd...this my second time moving in 2 years I be hitting so many lotteries its hard to stay in one place lol

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 06-19-2022 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 12:19 PM

15 posts, read 13,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn128 View Post
Gotcha, thanks so much. So typically the request to upload the first batch of documents and the invitation to view an apartment happen within a few weeks of one another?
Yes typically they will ask for documents with a hard deadline and then once you submit, the invitation follows shortly as long as you are not missing the information requested. Keep in mind that's only preliminary and they will ask for more information after.

Old 06-20-2022, 01:44 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Yea ima take this one over flushing it's a better location and building they just sent my paperwork to hpd...this my second time moving in 2 years I be hitting so many lotteries its hard to stay in one place lol
Congrats! Did the BC people notify you they were sending you to the city or did you see the TIC docs on HC? I submitted my final round of docs last week on Tuesday but I haven't heard an update yet and nothing new on HC. Hoping for this final step ASAP!

Old 06-21-2022, 09:53 AM

213 posts, read 215,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Congrats! Did the BC people notify you they were sending you to the city or did you see the TIC docs on HC? I submitted my final round of docs last week on Tuesday but I haven't heard an update yet and nothing new on HC. Hoping for this final step ASAP!
i was told after you submit all needed documents you come in to sign them then they go out, it seems more people are viewing faster then coming in to sign.... so there is a hold up.... only 280 lottery apts tho, so they should be on top of us all.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
i was told after you submit all needed documents you come in to sign them then they go out, it seems more people are viewing faster then coming in to sign.... so there is a hold up.... only 280 lottery apts tho, so they should be on top of us all.
Oh I already viewed on 5/31 and signed the TIC docs that same day, I'm aware of the process. I was just curious if the above person (who's number is actually higher than mine I believe) was specifically notified that their file was sent to the city or how they knew it was as that is the next step for me.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:21 AM

15 posts, read 13,434 times
Quote:
Oh I already viewed on 5/31 and signed the TIC docs that same day, I'm aware of the process. I was just curious if the above person (who's number is actually higher than mine I believe) was specifically notified that their file was sent to the city or how they knew it was as that is the next step for me.

I also am curious if they are already submitting 4xx's to the city...? Or maybe they are just assuming.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:24 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterNYC View Post
I also am curious if they are already submitting 4xx's to the city...? Or maybe they are just assuming.
I was told several times my file was going to the city and it wasn't. It's fair to say that if you don't see your file on the HC site, it wasn't sent.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:28 AM

42 posts, read 43,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I was told several times my file was going to the city and it wasn't. It's fair to say that if you don't see your file on the HC site, it wasn't sent.
I have had the exact same experience and agree that if you don't see your TIC uploaded in your documents on HC, it is safe to say your file has not been sent to the city...

Old 06-21-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaNYC View Post
I have had the exact same experience and agree that if you don't see your TIC uploaded in your documents on HC, it is safe to say your file has not been sent to the city...
Sorry if you both have said this already, but you 2 were definitely sent to the city right? Still no update on final approval?

And yeah, that was exactly my question, I have 32x and as far as I know I haven't been sent yet so I was wondering why/how someone with 4xx was sent (if this is in fact the case). I do see they wanted a studio so maybe that's the difference?

Old 06-21-2022, 11:15 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Sorry if you both have said this already, but you 2 were definitely sent to the city right? Still no update on final approval?

And yeah, that was exactly my question, I have 32x and as far as I know I haven't been sent yet so I was wondering why/how someone with 4xx was sent (if this is in fact the case). I do see they wanted a studio so maybe that's the difference?
Sending you a direct message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery