Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 06:45 AM

65 posts, read 56,179 times

Advertisements

I got an approval email a couple of days ago for a 3-bedroom unit @ Apex Place. Scheduled this upcoming week for viewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 08:58 AM

18 posts, read 33,907 times
I won a 1 bedroom at Coney Island Phase 1. Great birthday gift for me.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:31 PM

412 posts, read 593,804 times
Bumping this thread up to keep the hope alive!

Any recent winners? Anyone living in their new crib for a while and have updates? How's it all going?

Old 10-26-2022, 06:47 PM

800 posts, read 729,668 times
Just won a unit at Sven. Signed the lease and move in Nov 28!

Old 10-27-2022, 08:07 PM

79 posts, read 76,953 times
I moved in my unit almost a year ago. It’s okay. My 2bd room apartment is nice. I love love love having a washer and dryer. I love that my apartment finishes are same as MR and LOVE having a parking space. However, the building is Not still not finished. They rushed people to live here before the construction was complete. The stairwells and hallways still have exposed beams. They never put in that package lockers as advertised said and the roof terrace was never furnished. I also hate having to pay for heat and hot water. I hope to move by next year. I have a low log for 2 buildings in here in Brooklyn but I really want to move to manhattan( not as far as Harlem). We will see…

Old 10-27-2022, 08:25 PM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
I won a apartment at brooklyn crossing everything is great and top notch

Old 10-28-2022, 05:01 PM

412 posts, read 593,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I won a apartment at brooklyn crossing everything is great and top notch
Very cool! I wanted Plank Road/BK Crossing but my log's super high for both

Old 11-03-2022, 04:43 PM

64 posts, read 59,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I won an alcove studio with W/D at Summit, the amenities are:

- $121.50 for the club (tech lounge, children playroom, conference rooms, gaming lounge, gold simulator, movie theater, backyard with sundeck, outdoor screening, children playground, bbq, & fireplace) & the arena (basketball court, squash court, fitness center, personal training/yoga rooms, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna & spas, locker rooms).

- Additional $45 for access to skylounge (wine bar with wet bar & private wine lockers, lounge with fireplace, private dining room with full kitchen, terrace with the view, & bbq grill).

- Free coffee 24/7 at the club & skylounge for amenity members. Non amenity members can get free coffee until 1pm daily at the lobby.

We are allowed to invite 2-3 guests into the amenity premises.

Affordable Rent Stabilized tenants got 10% discount on the amenities fee so market rate tenants pay more than what we pay.

There is additional fee to use parking garage, bicycle storage, & storage rooms but I don't use any of those so I don't know how much exactly the charges are.

It's a great apartment with an excellent management, I'm very lucky to win a unit in this building!!!
Omg this sounds is so amazing!! I wish I was friends with you so I can come over. Lol.

Congrats on this! You really put in work! I see you in multiple threads.

I won a 1BD at Astoria West and it's similar with the abundance of amenties. After 9 years, my first win.

Is this your first win?

Old 11-03-2022, 08:39 PM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Very cool! I wanted Plank Road/BK Crossing but my log's super high for both
From what I hear plank road apartments are small

Old 11-04-2022, 07:31 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,836,542 times
Thanks! Yes, I feel so lucky to win a unit in this building!

Yes, this is my first win because this lottery was the only lottery I followed through & I got it. Applied the housing lottery since 2017 & got reached out dozens of times but I never moved forward as I loved my MR apartment at that time. I promised myself I will only follow through the process if I ever get called for the lottery of the building I currently am now & I did! Dreams do come true...

I never joined this forum until May last year when I was in the process already for the lottery that I won.

Congrats on winning a 1BR in Astoria West, have you moved in yet? Astoria West is a great apartment building too & their reviews on Google are glowing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahjs View Post
Omg this sounds is so amazing!! I wish I was friends with you so I can come over. Lol.

Congrats on this! You really put in work! I see you in multiple threads.

I won a 1BD at Astoria West and it's similar with the abundance of amenties. After 9 years, my first win.

Is this your first win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery