Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 04:27 PM

412 posts, read 596,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I have reached out multiple times to reside who is handling it, to which they responded that they did not know why I was skipped since everything seemed like I should qualify. It has been pending since they requested the first round of docs from everyone else and mine never flipped to a doc request which I should have been a part of since people in the 100s+ have had doc requests without preferences and have gotten tours. I used to kind of assume the people who screamed on these message boards about being skipped did something wrong but I know the process very well and I have followed along on the message boards for 2 years now and with this it kind of is making me change my mind about that.
I agree. It's making me wonder now too. And same, I thought I got the process down, even with how CB preference works for some. Now I'm not so sure.

iAfford has an agent on this forum sometimes, I thought about asking her based on her experience, how fast do units fill up. She's posted numbers before and even with 12 units, this building's been odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 04:35 PM

526 posts, read 513,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
I agree. It's making me wonder now too. And same, I thought I got the process down, even with how CB preference works for some. Now I'm not so sure.

iAfford has an agent on this forum sometimes, I thought about asking her based on her experience, how fast do units fill up. She's posted numbers before and even with 12 units, this building's been odd.
Honestly based on how long this building has taken to be completed which construction started in 2014, I followed really closely the infractions they got and stop work orders because I was told probably a year ago when we got logs that it would not be ready until the certificate of occupancy was approved, the developer seems fishy. To the point where I wondered if it was a way to launder money because most new buildings here go up in like a year or two.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:37 PM

Random thought, any chance HC accidentally marked you as requiring a disability unit? This building doesn't have any so maybe that's why you weren't contacted? I dono I'm just thinking about it.. don't mind me.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Honestly based on how long this building has taken to be completed which construction started in 2014, I followed really closely the infractions they got and stop work orders because I was told probably a year ago when we got logs that it would not be ready until the certificate of occupancy was approved, the developer seems fishy. To the point where I wondered if it was a way to launder money because most new buildings here go up in like a year or two.
The developer is just really small. Took a huge construction loan. Had some normal stop work orders due to violations and didn't want to pay the fines. I'm also not sure why it took so long but right now they only have a temporary CO because the FDNY has the address marked wrong and they can't close it out. I was worried about construction for a while but whatever. I'm not buying the unit and all new constructions these days suck anyway.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Random thought, any chance HC accidentally marked you as requiring a disability unit? This building doesn't have any so maybe that's why you weren't contacted? I dono I'm just thinking about it.. don't mind me.
I don't think so it says I don't have one on there lol, but wouldn't you still get contacted? I always thought the preference could help your chances but even if you have them and there are not any for the unit then they just go in log order.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
They emailed me about a tour, so I'll try to take photos and report back! Also...am I going crazy??? I thought the Housing Connect page listed the rent for a 1BR closer to $2.1 or 2.2k, which is why I was interested in checking it out, but now I see it says $2.3k. Maybe I've been swimming in too many lottery pages, but I could have sworn it was lower lol.
Did anyone mention if there will be a super in the building? There's no doorman but I'm wondering who's taking care of the trash and maintenance issues.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I don't think so it says I don't have one on there lol, but wouldn't you still get contacted? I always thought the preference could help your chances but even if you have them and there are not any for the unit then they just go in log order.
My current building only has those units on the second floor. They have ADA requirements. Bathtubs have additional handles, there's a hearing impaired unit that has lights that flash instead of a doorbell, etc. I think those units are set aside only for preference groups. I honestly have no idea anymore lol. This whole thing is strange.

Old 06-09-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
The developer is just really small. Took a huge construction loan. Had some normal stop work orders due to violations and didn't want to pay the fines. I'm also not sure why it took so long but right now they only have a temporary CO because the FDNY has the address marked wrong and they can't close it out. I was worried about construction for a while but whatever. I'm not buying the unit and all new constructions these days suck anyway.
That makes sense, I saw it was a random LLC and I could not find any website. I just would have thought the project would bleed money if it took that long so usually they try and wrap them up fast as possible to cut costs. The only incentive I could think of that would make sense in dragging it out would be money laundering lol

Old 06-09-2023, 04:51 PM

Quote:
That makes sense, I saw it was a random LLC and I could not find any website. I just would have thought the project would bleed money if it took that long so usually they try and wrap them up fast as possible to cut costs. The only incentive I could think of that would make sense in dragging it out would be money laundering lol
LOL I wouldn't be surprised if it is but I saw a letter on DOB that's basically the developer begging for a TCO because he's about to default on his loan. Seem to be a lot of issues with the address. I think they filed a lot of stuff initially under Thomson instead of Purves. I definitely wondered why it took so long. I've also been in LIC for a while and wanted to move closer to court square. I feel like when they started construction, there were no bubble tea shops and now this area has like 20.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:05 PM

Anyone still hearing back from this or is it full at this point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery