Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 09:10 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

The applicant is now given option on the HC 2.0. portal whether they want to submit their initial required documents in person. I noticed that the other day when Capitol Towers lottery asked me to submit the initial documents through portal but also there is a small box to tick if I want to submit my paperwork in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 10:12 AM

726 posts, read 807,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I was unable to upload via HC. I then put that I’d provide my documents during the appointment (my status still states pending appointment). After I did that I got the 5 day notice to submit paperwork via email. That’s when I had told the person that I wanted to provide them during my appointment and that was their response.
And due to them having precautions they gave you an option again this isn’t an issue they don’t want the public in their office and they gave you a polite response to that. Your response could’ve been I don’t feel comfortable but this company is basically we do not want anyone here for unnecessary reasons

Old 05-30-2022, 09:35 AM

333 posts, read 255,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
That’s not what they are looking for so I’d assume no. They are more so looking to see that you don’t have any other additional income etc.
Got it. Thank you!

Old 05-30-2022, 12:05 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
She was asked to do that was 180 Broome which I believe was about 2yrs ago, and I as stated that was the reason for the change, now if we don’t upload anything thru the portal your application will be denied stating you did not provide proper documentation. So Caton saying you may email it is one thing bcuz they were giving an option but housing connect literally tells you now to upload everything thru a government website.
Yes that is correct. The housing portal did not exist at the time.

Old 05-20-2023, 10:25 PM

14 posts, read 7,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The process needs to be revamped, though. I work in an industry that processes or requires sensitive information and my responsibility is to ensure that data doesn’t get breached. We have policies derived from the federal and state governments - both written and technical to prevent others from stealing private and sensitive information. I honestly don’t see why these marketing agencies are not subject to the same regulatory environment that we are. I’m really thinking of complaining to the city about it. It’s ridiculous.

I just reread my post and sound like a Karen
This is actually something I'm really worried about since I found out that the marketing agent emailed an unencrypted document to a third party with my name, address, and SSN on it. There was no reason for her to disclose my SSN to request that this person verify and sign the accompanying form she emailed in the first place and she definitely should not have sent it unencrypted. It makes me worry about how they've handled anything else I've given them or forms they've generated with Sensitive Personal Info on it. It's not just the marketing agents/property management companies I have to worry about but anyone who intercepts documents they email like this.

Old 05-21-2023, 10:22 AM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Sensitive documents should not be emailed, ever. Get yourself an identity protection service or lock down your credit yourself.

Old 05-21-2023, 11:18 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc411 View Post
Do not redact, you can be deemed ineligible. Your spending habits are not their concern, they are looking for additional sources of income.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaz...Ph5SY2cJALMzyw
very true. everything has to match.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:35 AM

14 posts, read 7,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Sensitive documents should not be emailed, ever. Get yourself an identity protection service or lock down your credit yourself.
I know! That's why I was so upset when I found out what she did. I already have credit monitoring and froze my credit because I've had issues before (with a known source), but it sucks that I have to keep looking over my shoulder now because of this for a much broader potential ID theft situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: