Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2022, 10:34 AM

644 posts, read 734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
601 w 29 and 311 11th Ave will be the same development... its a nice building i give it that... i hope the new sh** isnt putting affordable tenants in their own building apart of the same development, while market rate gets their own building...

https://streamable.com/6glnab

6/18
The photos of the apartment in housing connect look very dark. Like there is another tower blocking the sun. I don’t understand what that would be since there is nothing around that building. Maybe it is in a different tower. Hopefully not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 11:52 AM

44 posts, read 45,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
The photos of the apartment in housing connect look very dark. Like there is another tower blocking the sun. I don’t understand what that would be since there is nothing around that building. Maybe it is in a different tower. Hopefully not
I noticed something related -- that there appears to be an older industrial building within about 30 feet with multipaned windows. And you're right -- no such buildings are nearby.

And something else also related -- the people depicted in the pictures are of course fake, but these particular fake people are also translucent. This signals heavy, weird use of photoshop.

The "next building" may be just an invention. Or possibly (?), they are depicting an as-yet-unbuilt development that has already been approved so that they don't face irritated tenants whose advertised views become blocked. My guess is that this is too fancy and competent to be the likely answer.

Or is Futureman going to be slightly translucent? Gives a whole new meaning to the old phrase, "I see right through you."

Old 06-23-2022, 12:06 PM

Am not worried about the translucent people. Interesting rendering choice though. I literally just passed by this building and didn’t see any construction o buildings around. It’s possible that those pics are an example of how they will look but not actual units. Maybe the construction in the pictures was demolished. Who knows, only time will tell lol

Old 06-24-2022, 06:18 AM

72 posts, read 78,400 times
There’s a building by a different developer “Tower B- 606 West 30th Street” that’s being built right behind these. I don’t believe they are due to have a lottery… but it’s ~42 stories, so anyone on the West corner of 3Eleven below these floors will look directly into the new building.

The pics on HC look to be in one of the bottom floors, which makes sense from what I’ve read up on this building… the top floors won’t be ready until 2023. Wonder how that’s going to affect timing of availability and them being able to spread apartments evenly throughout…

https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/06/606...manhattan.html

Last edited by AriNYC; 06-24-2022 at 06:34 AM..

Old 06-24-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
There’s a building by a different developer “Tower B- 606 West 30th Street” that’s being built right behind these. I don’t believe they are due to have a lottery… but it’s ~42 stories, so anyone on the West corner of 3Eleven below these floors will look directly into the new building.

The pics on HC look to be in one of the bottom floors, which makes sense from what I’ve read up on this building… the top floors won’t be ready until 2023. Wonder how that’s going to affect timing of availability and them being able to spread apartments evenly throughout…

https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/06/606...manhattan.html
Oh ok thanks for the clarification! In that case maybe it’s better to have somewhat of a higher log for this. The first in line will probably have to take all the lower floors

Old 06-24-2022, 07:45 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,836,542 times
3ELEVEN’s Façade Wraps Up At 601 West 29th Street In Hudson Yards, Manhattan

https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/06/3el...manhattan.html

Old 08-09-2022, 07:39 AM

https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/08/cur...manhattan.html

This building is the reason the apartment photos on housing connect look so dark. Lottery units will probably face that way. At least they’re showing the truth on the listing so there’s no surprises.
Though once that building is ready, the apartment will be brighter cause the light will reflect off of it.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:50 PM

44 posts, read 45,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
I found the agreement with the city online and it indeed includes in unit washer and dryer.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/planning...pc/180128a.pdf
in page 26 under Mandatory Inclusionary Housing.
We strongly recommend that affordable units be distributed throughout at least 80% of the
proposed project’s floors, that all finishes and fittings be the same in affordable and market-rate
units, and that fee-based amenities be discounted for tenants in affordable units.
(Section V)
− The applicant has agreed that market rate and affordable units [b]will be built with identical finishes
and provided with identical appliances
... etc.

It does indeed look from this quote of this document that there is nothing specific to restrict the owner from facing all the lottery apartments in the most undesirable direction.

This recommendation is only to distribute affordable units throughout 80% of the floors; nothing about where on each floor.

We can only hope that the city still might rule that it's not within the spirit of the recommendation -- or some other umbrella language elsewhere in the document -- to face all the affordable apartments in the most undesirable direction toward the back building. Again, thanks to Sabavoon for digging that document out!

Old 08-09-2022, 02:35 PM

26 posts, read 19,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/08/cur...manhattan.html

This building is the reason the apartment photos on housing connect look so dark. Lottery units will probably face that way. At least they’re showing the truth on the listing so there’s no surprises.
Though once that building is ready, the apartment will be brighter cause the light will reflect off of it.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7536...7i16384!8i8192

I agree, it would probably be that way. This is that concrete shell that would be facing 30th St.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:00 AM

72 posts, read 78,400 times
If anybody else has been itching for more info on this building:

The 311 Eleventh website is finally updated with floor plans/a few more pics and building has been added to Street Easy! I walk by from time to time and the building is moving along. They still have that scaffolding (?) all the way up the left side but… the lobby looks about done, sidewalk is poured, and there’s only a fence surrounding the bottom of the building vs. scaffolding.

Also, I misspoke above… the newer building behind it is due to have affordable housing. 70 units (31- 40%, 25- 60%, 14- 100%). They’ve begun installing the glass… so I give it another year. Good luck everyone!

https://www.nyc.gov/html/mancb4/down...an-no-memo.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery