Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2023, 06:37 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmchugh22 View Post
I was contacted today with a request for more documents, my log number is #28xx. What's the reality of what's available at this point? I'll go through the process because I have everything handy, but does anyone know what's available / what AMI bracket this could be?
That's a very low log number. If they asked you for documents, that means that your chances are pretty good - not guaranteed, but very good! You could ask them directly what size apartments are available, but I doubt they'll give you an exact unit number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 09:42 PM

111 posts, read 71,620 times
@bmchugh22, what is your AMI?

Old 09-30-2023, 09:23 PM

143 posts, read 98,809 times
They're probably only contacting people in the 130 AMI. I'm 14xx and haven't heard a peep since I asked them for an update on my app.

Old 10-02-2023, 12:59 PM

4 posts, read 2,640 times
I am log #29xx, AMI 130%, got contacted to submit documents last week and today I submitted documents on Housing Connect. How long does it take to receive the any sort of update?

Old 10-04-2023, 03:44 AM

23 posts, read 16,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeltedice View Post
I am log #29xx, AMI 130%, got contacted to submit documents last week and today I submitted documents on Housing Connect. How long does it take to receive the any sort of update?
when I was contacted for further documents, they moved pretty fast to review those documents, and then ask for more explanation if necessary. If they haven’t already, they may start looking for verification of income and have you explain certain items on the bank statements they requested, so I would anticipate check stubs credit reports anything you think you might need to explain about your financials.

I would also recommend calling to make sure they know that you uploaded your support documents, because when I was contacted, I decided to make a packet and put everything in one big manila envelope and take it to the office in person.

130 AMI / Log 13xx / Moved in 8/15 / 1 br

Old 10-06-2023, 09:27 AM

4 posts, read 2,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukepharmD View Post
when I was contacted for further documents, they moved pretty fast to review those documents, and then ask for more explanation if necessary. If they haven’t already, they may start looking for verification of income and have you explain certain items on the bank statements they requested, so I would anticipate check stubs credit reports anything you think you might need to explain about your financials.

I would also recommend calling to make sure they know that you uploaded your support documents, because when I was contacted, I decided to make a packet and put everything in one big manila envelope and take it to the office in person.

130 AMI / Log 13xx / Moved in 8/15 / 1 br
I got contacted to view the apartment. How soon after viewing did you get an offer?

Old 10-13-2023, 10:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,577 times
im log #26xx and i got contacted back in august. since then i have been rejected twice because my income was apparently too high. over the 130% ami limit by $300-600 but it was incorrectly calculated by my agent (she keeps adding my one time HWB bonus from the state which isn't recurring). I am planning on submitting a complaint. Any idea if there is available 1 bedrooms still? Also anyone willing to give a recent review on how living at Lyra is like? I've tried to look it up but there isn't much. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-19-2023, 12:37 PM

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard anything back? Any updates for 70% Studios or 130% 1 bedroom and Studios?

Old 10-19-2023, 07:14 PM

111 posts, read 71,620 times
@jam_mies, have you tried contacting them again?

Old 10-19-2023, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly_girl1 View Post
@jam_mies, have you tried contacting them again?
Hey @Aly_girl1, I haven't tried to. But mine is still Under Review. I'm curious as to who got the last unit for 70% AMI Studio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery