Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2022, 10:33 AM

25 posts, read 28,614 times

Advertisements

Thats crazy they missed me? Im log number #6X no pref and never asked to submit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 10:36 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama21 View Post
Thats crazy they missed me? Im log number #6X no pref and never asked to submit
What AMI and family size are you? That could be the reason. I'm 1 person in 130-165% and there is generally a lot less competition for those units than at lower AMIs.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:51 PM

213 posts, read 216,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley prophet View Post
Thank you so much ! I actually got the apartment and move in October 1st I am so thankful and blessed !
Was you able to view more than one unit? and how is the overall building, i read on a google review they do ambush apartment inspections, kinda creepy...

Last edited by atomickitten; 10-25-2022 at 05:22 PM..

Old 10-28-2022, 09:02 AM

25 posts, read 26,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
Was you able to view more than one unit? and how is the overall building, i read on a google review they do ambush apartment inspections, kinda creepy...

I was unable to view more than 1 apartment because they said that was the only one available to
Me which I don’t believe. And that was that persons personal experience which had something to do with something they did. My experience the management staff are great and never had to go through that

Old 10-28-2022, 09:09 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
Not every building/marketing agency/lottery allows potential affordable tenants to view more than one units & get them to choose though they always asked the applicant's preferences when we filled out the interview packet.

Yours is similar to my personal experience, I won a unit in another building but when I was invited to view the apartment, the marketing agency & the building management only allowed me to view one unit that was assigned to me, that's it! I may take it or leave it, no other option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley prophet View Post
I was unable to view more than 1 apartment because they said that was the only one available to
Me which I don’t believe. And that was that persons personal experience which had something to do with something they did. My experience the management staff are great and never had to go through that

Old 11-04-2022, 03:52 PM

7 posts, read 5,641 times
Hi Everyone, Has anyone heard from them lately? Any updates?

Old 11-04-2022, 05:18 PM

213 posts, read 216,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycapartmentsearch View Post
Hi Everyone, Has anyone heard from them lately? Any updates?
last i heard they was still doing CB/preferences. or higher AMI's with logs around 4xxx and lower

Old 11-06-2022, 04:42 PM

84 posts, read 65,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Not every building/marketing agency/lottery allows potential affordable tenants to view more than one units & get them to choose though they always asked the applicant's preferences when we filled out the interview packet.

Yours is similar to my personal experience, I won a unit in another building but when I was invited to view the apartment, the marketing agency & the building management only allowed me to view one unit that was assigned to me, that's it! I may take it or leave it, no other option!
I think its because for this building, your documents are being submitted to HPD first and then if you're approved, you get to view the apartment. However, with other buildings... you're able to see the apartments first and if you want it, your documents are THEN submitted to HPD. I went to see an apartment today and I got to see 3 different apartments (all different layouts). One Harlem is the first building where I've had to submit all my docs for HPD before seeing the apartment.

Old 11-06-2022, 04:46 PM

84 posts, read 65,686 times
There's 268 units and they're already asking for documents from people who are in the 6000's

Old 11-06-2022, 06:19 PM

25 posts, read 28,614 times
Are they doing CB and Gen population at the same time or are they still on CB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery