Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 06:36 AM

828 posts, read 766,714 times

Advertisements

Invited to a pretty nice 2 bedroom in Brooklyn. Submitted my docs within 24 hours. But my log number is in the 80s, so it's anyone's guess how this will end up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 07:26 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
How do you know if it's a mini lottery or not? I have been on HC for like two years and to my knowledge not received one but I have applied to re-rentals and have my preferences turned on to see them.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
How do you know if it's a mini lottery or not? I have been on HC for like two years and to my knowledge not received one but I have applied to re-rentals and have my preferences turned on to see them.
It's a direct email to me and the email indicates "ML" in the apartment description, meaning Mini Lottery.

You can try a little trick that seems to have worked for me. Log in to HC, "unselect" from re-rentals, then log out. Then log in again, and "select" re-rentals. I had no offers for about 6 months, then I did this little trick and immediately started getting offers - about one per a week, probably 15 or so - most of them were not a fit, but this latest one is.

'Wish me luck!

Last edited by BPC1999; 06-06-2023 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM

95 posts, read 34,297 times
Hey all! So I got selected for 2 mini lotteries within the last few hours and I'm a bit confused. For one, the Ami for these minis are above my Ami but on the actual mini lottery it specifically states, "you have been selected and considered for further processing". On the outside looking in, I clearly don't qualify for this lottery to begin with and have never applied initially for said lotteries, so how am I being "considered"? I mean, they took a snapshot and everything of my household information and still moved forward with contacting me. Has anyone else have a similar situation and can shed some light? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-13-2023, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcia87 View Post
Hey all! So I got selected for 2 mini lotteries within the last few hours and I'm a bit confused. For one, the Ami for these minis are above my Ami but on the actual mini lottery it specifically states, "you have been selected and considered for further processing". On the outside looking in, I clearly don't qualify for this lottery to begin with and have never applied initially for said lotteries, so how am I being "considered"? I mean, they took a snapshot and everything of my household information and still moved forward with contacting me. Has anyone else have a similar situation and can shed some light? Thanks in advance!
They usually give a contact in the mini lottery info page. Call or write that person with your question.

Old 08-13-2023, 03:22 PM

95 posts, read 34,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
They usually give a contact in the mini lottery info page. Call or write that person with your question.
Dang. I was hoping someone from this forum on mini lotteries experiences, would be able to maybe give me some insight on my question about mini lottery ... but thanks anyway...

Old 08-13-2023, 03:28 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
If the initial mini lottery process is quick and has no $ cost then just go ahead with it. If you don’t qualify,, that will be determined later. Getting answers to your questions might take you a lot of time. You might never get a timely reply.

It’s possible you have made a mistake about not being qualified for the lottery. Something might have changed. For example, the HUD AMI changed in May. But not all pages have been updated to reflect this, perhaps.

If you like it, enter. It’s a lottery, so as always don’t expect to win but understand you have a chance.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Dang. I was hoping someone from this forum on mini lotteries experiences, would be able to maybe give me some insight on my question about mini lottery ... but thanks anyway...
Your question is very specific to your situation. NO ONE on this forum can answer whether or not a mistake was made or whether or not you qualify for the lottery. Call and ask. It will take you 1-2 minutes. Or...you can spend hours gathering and submitting docs only to find out in a few weeks whether or not a mistake was made. Good luck!

Old 11-13-2023, 11:59 AM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
How do you see the mini lotteries on housing connect? Is it on the same website ?

Old 11-13-2023, 12:17 PM

93 posts, read 88,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
How do you see the mini lotteries on housing connect? Is it on the same website ?
I noticed some listings on the NYC HDC site (www.nychdc.com) under the “Find” section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: