Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 12:22 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

Sometimes the location can be the main factor whether or not you would take the apartment, the reason I really love my current apartment though it's just an alcove studio, not a 1BR, it's because the location is super convenient & going to work everyday is a breeze for me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
OMG I couldn't believe that you said no to this amazing unit!!! I can feel you. It must be hard to reject the offer... I never saw the elevator at the entrance like this. I'd definitely take it haha. Wish all lottery buildings looked like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 12:29 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Sometimes the location can be the main factor whether or not you would take the apartment, the reason I really love my current apartment though it's just an alcove studio, not a 1BR, it's because the location is super convenient & going to work everyday is a breeze for me now!
Yeah, I agree. Had I been in Storm's position, I would likely pass too as great as it is. I'm soooo spoiled by my neighborhood now that unless it's something extreme, I don't see how I could leave the area.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:35 PM

246 posts, read 234,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yeah, I agree. Had I been in Storm's position, I would likely pass too as great as it is. I'm soooo spoiled by my neighborhood now that unless it's something extreme, I don't see how I could leave the area.
I'm too spoiled by my neighborhood and sadly I have to leave I'm currently living in MR unit, and rent skyrocketing. My apartment is literally a step away from the subway station and 15 mins by walk to Central park... There's a new TJ's in walking distance. I'm so sad that I have to leave this amazing area but it is what it is... It's too expensive for my blood.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:36 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Yeah, girls! I walk to work now, and will continue to walk to work from my new apartment. Why inconvenience myself. Sure, I do work from home three days a week, but who wants to take and wait for the subway? I can't go back to that lifestyle

Old 09-15-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yeah, girls! I walk to work now, and will continue to walk to work from my new apartment. Why inconvenience myself. Sure, I do work from home three days a week, but who wants to take and wait for the subway? I can't go back to that lifestyle
You don't need to rub it in I agree with you though

Old 09-15-2022, 12:38 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
saving money on commuting as well, win-win

Old 09-15-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
saving money on commuting as well, win-win
I still carry an unlimited metro card, cause a girl has to come out of her cave from time to time

Old 09-15-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I'm too spoiled by my neighborhood and sadly I have to leave I'm currently living in MR unit, and rent skyrocketing. My apartment is literally a step away from the subway station and 15 mins by walk to Central park... There's a new TJ's in walking distance. I'm so sad that I have to leave this amazing area but it is what it is... It's too expensive for my blood.
I'm sorry - that really does suck - hope you find something soon. There are a ton of buildings in BK - a couple close to completion - if BK is an option, keep your eyes open also check https://www.nychdc.com/find they have active waitlists too...

Old 09-15-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
omg I'm so sorry that happened to you!! And a walk to Central Park sounds like a dream. Where are you planning to move?

Old 09-15-2022, 12:50 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I'm sorry - that really does suck - hope you find something soon. There are a ton of buildings in BK - a couple close to completion - if BK is an option, keep your eyes open also check https://www.nychdc.com/find they have active waitlists too...
Heads up, I've applied to all the apartments for middle income months ago and have yet to hear back. 2 of those there were filled earlier this year as well.

I followed up with a few last week and one got back to me telling me I was on the waitlist so I'm not sure how accurate the middle income listings are. Apply but dont bet on them as they are seeming to be slower than housing connect. The low income listings seem to be more accurate there is a new one listed every few weeks and they take off older listings more frequently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: