Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 02:09 PM

191 posts, read 200,337 times

Advertisements

I applied to get on the waiting list for a 2 bdrm when available
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 02:15 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
This building def has alot of negative reviews, i have never seen so many displeased people at a luxury building, but like someone mentioned when you lived in alot of crappy buildings someone elses distain might not even effect you, too bad there are only like 5 units avail with this waiting list.
A lot of luxury buildings have negative reviews. I guess when people are paying 5K+ of rent, their expectations are high.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:24 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,408,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
A lot of luxury buildings have negative reviews. I guess when people are paying 5K+ of rent, their expectations are high.
Paying any amount of rent should make anyone have high expectations when it comes to where they are laying their head at night

Old 10-10-2022, 03:18 PM

168 posts, read 177,128 times
So many negative reviews & very few apts available lol

Old 10-10-2022, 03:42 PM

347 posts, read 457,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaDarling7708 View Post
So many negative reviews & very few apts available lol
Exactly

Old 10-10-2022, 05:18 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Paying any amount of rent should make anyone have high expectations when it comes to where they are laying their head at night
Yes but as with everything, expectations are high and you should expect more when you’re paying more. Why pay more if one is going to receive substandard service? That’s called being ripped off.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:48 PM

7 posts, read 7,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereMyDear View Post
Does this building have a poor door?
This building doesn't have a poor door

Old 10-10-2022, 06:50 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,408,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yes but as with everything, expectations are high and you should expect more when you’re paying more. Why pay more if one is going to receive substandard service? That’s called being ripped off.
When it comes to rent prices these days I think we are all most likely getting ripped off, but that’s just my opinion

Old 10-10-2022, 09:17 PM

124 posts, read 113,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barely_here View Post
I don't really have much dislikes. I can't really think of them I'm sure I had more.
Location- it gets so congested because of the lincoln tunnel.
As mentioned - the floors
Not enough closet space

Likes- There are 2 gyms and one is open 24 hrs
Pet friendly- there's a dog run within the building which is nice for quick bathroom trips. (currently under renovation though)
Front desk guys are really nice for the most part.

It's a good building overall. I've lived in a lot of crappy buildings so..not a whole lot of complaints.
Okay, two gyms!!! Now, that is fire!!

Old 10-11-2022, 04:29 PM

124 posts, read 113,083 times
Do we know the details of the 6 units available for 555, such as AMI, apartment size etc! Also, I wonder which agency is running the lottery for this one! I just it isn’t reside or iafford. They make so many mistakes and assumptions, I had to get HPD to get them both all together. Fun Fact: Reside and iafford are “Sister agencies” I found this info out when I was touring and declined 304 east 134 street last week. The individual that was showing me the unit gave me a lot of tea about the lottery process.

iafford will pick up any addtionial lotteries that are too much for Reside to handle. Which explained why both agencies are not available until after the jewish holiday after the 19th. I think city5 also falls into that bubble as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery