Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 02:47 PM

290 posts, read 320,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
After months and months of back and forth with Phase 1, i was praying it worked out with Phase 2. I finally got approved and signed my lease today for my apt. It worked out better than i can image. I ended up with a 1bd with 4 closets (something i needed) lol. The model unit they show at the open house is very discouraging how small it is but i didn't care. When i went to view my unit i fell in love and accepted right away.

To anyone who is in the waiting game i pray it works out for you. I almost got discouraged because that's the name of the game and i kept the faith and it worked out in the end.

Best of luck :-)
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the Apex community. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2023, 08:07 AM

30 posts, read 32,675 times
Quote:
After months and months of back and forth with Phase 1, i was praying it worked out with Phase 2. I finally got approved and signed my lease today for my apt. It worked out better than i can image. I ended up with a 1bd with 4 closets (something i needed) lol. The model unit they show at the open house is very discouraging how small it is but i didn't care. When i went to view my unit i fell in love and accepted right away.

To anyone who is in the waiting game i pray it works out for you. I almost got discouraged because that's the name of the game and i kept the faith and it worked out in the end.

Wow congrats!!! I remember we were talking about our struggles with phase 1 (which I'm still waiting on lol) but so glad to hear this worked out for you!!

Old 07-10-2023, 09:11 AM

9 posts, read 8,628 times
Quote:

Congrats !! what was your log #? how many times did you have to submit additional docs and how long did the process take?

Old 07-10-2023, 10:59 AM

168 posts, read 195,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the Apex community. :-)
Hi Ceebvndy, Thank you so much. You were one of the first ones to reply to me during my Phase 1 process and gave me some hope that i would be called. It was much appreciated How do you like the property?

Old 07-10-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfofwallstreet View Post
Congrats !! what was your log #? how many times did you have to submit additional docs and how long did the process take?
Hi, THANK YOU :-) My log# 11,xxx w/CB. I was contacted the second week in may, submitted my docs right away and the following week i had to confirm some transactions. After that, i was invited to the open house and to view the apt 2 weeks after that. So it's been a little under 2 months from start to finish. Phase 1 was a 9 month nightmare of back and forth so i was grateful this worked out.

Old 07-10-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpkim View Post
Wow congrats!!! I remember we were talking about our struggles with phase 1 (which I'm still waiting on lol) but so glad to hear this worked out for you!!

Hi asvpkim, Thank You so much i def remember!! The struggle was real with Phase 1 and the back and forth was so stressful/draining. I'm glad i applied for phase 2 and it worked it. I was so skeptical at first and didn't want to get my hopes up because i thought i was getting a unit for PH1 smh. The process for PH2 was so quick that i literally was shocked how fast everything happened.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending many blessings your way :-)

Old 07-10-2023, 11:52 AM

290 posts, read 320,124 times
Quote:
Hi Ceebvndy, Thank you so much. You were one of the first ones to reply to me during my Phase 1 process and gave me some hope that i would be called. It was much appreciated How do you like the property?
Of course! I was happy to help. I have no complaints on my end. I love my 2bd apt. Great lighting! I can barely hear my neighbors beside or above me. I can see the LIE and Grand Central Pwky and hear nothing when my windows are closed. My floor is great, and people are friendly. It is very diverse in the building. The super is great, and the staff does a good job of upkeeping the place. All in all I am happy and I think you will be too!

Old 07-10-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Of course! I was happy to help. I have no complaints on my end. I love my 2bd apt. Great lighting! I can barely hear my neighbors beside or above me. I can see the LIE and Grand Central Pwky and hear nothing when my windows are closed. My floor is great, and people are friendly. It is very diverse in the building. The super is great, and the staff does a good job of upkeeping the place. All in all I am happy and I think you will be too!

That's GREAT to hear! When i went to view my unit i fell in love, especially with the closet space. I couldn't believe in my 1 BD i have 4 closets . I met the super twice and he really was super friendly and very helpful. Thank you for the detailed review of the property, its good to hear a point of view from a tenant already living there. I'm glad you love your unit and I'm looking forward to my move in.

Old 07-10-2023, 03:07 PM

9 posts, read 8,628 times
Quote:
Hi, THANK YOU :-) My log# 11,xxx w/CB. I was contacted the second week in may, submitted my docs right away and the following week i had to confirm some transactions. After that, i was invited to the open house and to view the apt 2 weeks after that. So it's been a little under 2 months from start to finish. Phase 1 was a 9 month nightmare of back and forth so i was grateful this worked out.

This sounds exactly like me, i was contacted 05/30, submitted docs and the following 2 weeks requested additional docs. went to the open house as well. now I'm just waiting. I reached out and the lady told me "My file is under review." I'm log 10,xxx with CB.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:20 PM

30 posts, read 32,675 times
Quote:
Hi asvpkim, Thank You so much i def remember!! The struggle was real with Phase 1 and the back and forth was so stressful/draining. I'm glad i applied for phase 2 and it worked it. I was so skeptical at first and didn't want to get my hopes up because i thought i was getting a unit for PH1 smh. The process for PH2 was so quick that i literally was shocked how fast everything happened.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending many blessings your way :-)
Thank you!! How long did it take for the city to approve your application? After so much back and forth for ph1, my file was sent to HDC and I'm still waiting for approval - but it seems to be taking a lot longer than expected. Seems like things are moving quicker for ph2!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: