Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2023, 02:32 PM

168 posts, read 195,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfofwallstreet View Post
This sounds exactly like me, i was contacted 05/30, submitted docs and the following 2 weeks requested additional docs. went to the open house as well. now I'm just waiting. I reached out and the lady told me "My file is under review." I'm log 10,xxx with CB.
Just stay on top of them. The agents for PH2 pick up and are really helpful. My file says under review still and i already signed my lease. My file for PH1 says "review completed" and i didn't get a unit smh. Hopefully you hear something by the end of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2023, 02:42 PM

168 posts, read 195,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpkim View Post
Thank you!! How long did it take for the city to approve your application? After so much back and forth for ph1, my file was sent to HDC and I'm still waiting for approval - but it seems to be taking a lot longer than expected. Seems like things are moving quicker for ph2!
You're Welcome. Honestly everything went so fast!! If i had to say, maybe a week or 2. I spoke to my agent on a Friday just to check in and she said my file was with HDC. The following Friday, i received the email saying i was approved.

PH1 was was a nightmare for me. So much back and forth and getting the run around, one person saying i was approved and another saying my file was waiting for review. My file was under HDC review since Jan, only to find out 4 months later someone before me got the unit smh. I was on the phone every week checking in on PH1 and it was so stressful. I think PH2 is moving quicker because its less units and the agents are responsive. Try your best to stay on top of them and make sure you get the name of who you are speaking too!! I don't know what your AMI is but hopefully there are units remaining. Fingers crossed for you

Old 08-02-2023, 10:44 AM

21 posts, read 24,040 times
got a text from a 574 saying my log number has been reached but with no real detail or emails and status has not changed on the site...is this a legit text or a hell of a coincidence lol

TIA

Old 08-03-2023, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxomayhem View Post
got a text from a 574 saying my log number has been reached but with no real detail or emails and status has not changed on the site...is this a legit text or a hell of a coincidence lol

TIA

** disregard, i got another text and actual email. **

Old 08-04-2023, 02:44 PM

32 posts, read 31,568 times
Hello, are there any available blueprints or videos for the apartments? I am wondering what the sq. footages are? Thanks!

Old 08-04-2023, 02:45 PM

32 posts, read 31,568 times
Anyone already living here having a good experience so far? How about any parents with young children having a good experience?

Old 08-08-2023, 01:39 AM

75 posts, read 57,258 times
log number 13xxx, no preferences. Haven’t heard anything

Old 08-08-2023, 02:41 AM

75 posts, read 57,258 times
log# 19xxx, no preferences, haven’t heard anything, don’t expect to

Old 08-09-2023, 10:14 AM

How long after submitting documents and being "under review" status should I wait to follow up? No sure what a realistic timeline is for them to either ask for more documents or reach back out.

Old 08-09-2023, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
Just stay on top of them. The agents for PH2 pick up and are really helpful. My file says under review still and i already signed my lease. My file for PH1 says "review completed" and i didn't get a unit smh. Hopefully you hear something by the end of the week.
So you got an apartment for phase 2? Just curious if you have any pictures/videos from when you viewed apartments, or even a floor plan to get an idea of size lol... Can't seem to find any in this thread or the one for phase 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: