Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2024, 07:34 PM

6 posts, read 6,002 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am 70/80 Ami; log #2xx. I was contacted by Pronto on 01/20 to re-upload/update my documents for the second time via Pronto. on Jan 24th, after updating my docs, I was sent a Ruby e-signature request. Did anybody else receive an e-signature request?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 10:34 PM

98 posts, read 61,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciakelsey View Post
Hello, I am 70/80 Ami; log #2xx. I was contacted by Pronto on 01/20 to re-upload/update my documents for the second time via Pronto. on Jan 24th, after updating my docs, I was sent a Ruby e-signature request. Did anybody else receive an e-signature request?
Yes, e-signature was one of the last steps before they submitted to HPD for review, I think.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,364 times
Does anyone know if this is considered a LIHTC development?

Old 02-02-2024, 04:06 PM

34 posts, read 36,414 times
Someone, reached out with some questions since I've lived here a few months now so I though I'd share my responses with the group.

When you toured the unit were you offered to view just one unit or a few units?
I was only shown one unit but it was already assigned to me.

What unit line did you get?
K line in the south building.

I see that you added 1 BR W/O island in the spreadsheet, is your unit the one like they advertised junior I bedroom on YouTube?
Pretty much. I believe there are 3 standard 1-BR layouts; with an island, without an island, and a rare one with an island and a second walk in closet close to the front door. The measurements can change slightly but they are all essentially the same.

Does it have one closet or two?
One, the front closet is a good size. The bedroom walk in is a great size! I actually have a small desk with my 27" monitor and a laptop on it and task chair in here where I WFH without any claustrophobic feeling.

Does the unit feel small?
Honestly, I thought it might but it hasn't been a problem. I furnished the living room with 78" couch and a chair off to both sides of it and there is still space to put a small breakfast table like the floor plans show but I think I might put a two person one along the entry wall. Bedroom accommodates my Cal king bed and dressers with plenty of space to move around.

How did you like the building?
I'm loving the building. The building staff are all nice and helpful, I think one of the maintenance guys are on site every day of the week. The rooftop pool was completed but closed for the season when I moved in. The building, more so the North Tower are still a work in progress so they're clearly working through their punch lists but the porters are staying on top of day to day stuff like cleaning the lobby and the hallways.

Old 02-02-2024, 05:11 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimeiateasandwich View Post
Someone, reached out with some questions since I've lived here a few months now so I though I'd share my responses with the group.

I see that you added 1 BR W/O island in the spreadsheet, is your unit the one like they advertised junior I bedroom on YouTube?
Pretty much. I believe there are 3 standard 1-BR layouts; with an island, without an island, and a rare one with an island and a second walk in closet close to the front door. The measurements can change slightly but they are all essentially the same.

One, the front closet is a good size. The bedroom walk in is a great size! I actually have a small desk with my 27" monitor and a laptop on it and task chair in here where I WFH without any claustrophobic feeling.

Honestly, I thought it might but it hasn't been a problem. I furnished the living room with 78" couch and a chair off to both sides of it and there is still space to put a small breakfast table like the floor plans show but I think I might put a two person one along the entry wall. Bedroom accommodates my Cal king bed and dressers with plenty of space to move around.

I'm loving the building. The building staff are all nice and helpful, I think one of the maintenance guys are on site every day of the week. The rooftop pool was completed but closed for the season when I moved in. The building, more so the North Tower are still a work in progress so they're clearly working through their punch lists but the porters are staying on top of day to day stuff like cleaning the lobby and the hallways.
Thank you for sharing your experience at Ruby. It is so nice to hear so many nice things from current resident. So happy for you to find your beautiful home.

Old 02-02-2024, 07:39 PM

31 posts, read 26,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimeiateasandwich View Post

This is so helpful! I'm so happy for you, I'm glad it's been a good experience!

Old 02-03-2024, 06:32 PM

41 posts, read 28,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Did you hear back from them after the additional documents request? I'd assume they will have a unit set aside for you otherwise it won't make sense they asked you to submit more documents. Am I wrong?
That's why it's confusing. I haven't heard back after submitting additional doc on Jan 15. Looks like they are working on 2XX but requested docs from higher log anyway. It's no harm for them to have more information afterall

Old 02-04-2024, 09:58 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
That's why it's confusing. I haven't heard back after submitting additional doc on Jan 15. Looks like they are working on 2XX but requested docs from higher log anyway. It's no harm for them to have more information afterall
Yea it’s undoubtedly confusing. I never heard back after I submitted my documents on Dec 17 they didn’t ask for more documents but they keep requesting documents from higher log really doesn’t make sense to me.

Old 02-05-2024, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 594 times
@KevinCH,

I uploaded docs on 12/18 via HP 2.0 and received a response from pronto after gently inquiring on 1/10 "applications are reviewed in log number order, once your log number is reach, you will be contacted... I have a log number 18xx... I've heard that the more you lean towards "nagging" them, the more likelihood of positive results...

Feel free to stay touch as it seems like we're in the same boat.

Old 02-05-2024, 01:11 PM

80 posts, read 54,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Yea it’s undoubtedly confusing. I never heard back after I submitted my documents on Dec 17 they didn’t ask for more documents but they keep requesting documents from higher log really doesn’t make sense to me.
Based on the given timeline you should hear back from them by the end of this month. Just not sure if there will be any units left. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery