Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2023, 09:26 PM

42 posts, read 44,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by financegal View Post
who is the first log number here? I’m 15xxx
I saw someone comment earlier in the thread that had 5xxx, but you are the lowest with CB otherwise that I have seen. I have 16xxx with CB. I think we should feel pretty optimistic. I am not sure how the exact distribution is, but it seems like the CB number are trending pretty high and there is a very large gap between the lowest number and ours. I am curious if every number is actually given out or they skip some for some reason.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 08:28 PM

32 posts, read 33,128 times
I am CB log# 2***
but they say they will contact in the log number order what that mean?
they only start contacting CB first then GP? if so why did the contacted everybody at the same time?

Old 05-13-2023, 09:05 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaka View Post
I am CB log# 2***
but they say they will contact in the log number order what that mean?
they only start contacting CB first then GP? if so why did the contacted everybody at the same time?
Everything goes in log # order. Since this building has CB preference.. they'll go in order but only contacting those who have CB preference until they fill up 50% of the units. Once that's complete, they'll back to the beginning of the log order to then contact everyone else.

Here's a link to the spreadsheet someone here was kind enough to make..

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...readsheet.html

Old 05-13-2023, 09:54 PM

ok thank you! hopefully they don’t take forever to get back to people

Old 05-14-2023, 07:36 AM

684 posts, read 1,819,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardaka View Post
ok thank you! hopefully they don’t take forever to get back to people
You're welcome! And I know, I feel the same, I have a log # of 6xx, which is the lowest log number I've ever had but unfortunately I don't have CB preference

The good thing though is that this building is utilizing a 3rd party to help facilitate the document processing, so they are moving significantly faster than some other buildings

Old 05-14-2023, 06:01 PM

Yes! I hope pronto will go fast at processing log #

Old 05-14-2023, 07:32 PM

396 posts, read 372,068 times
I feel like they may move pretty fast with the process. It doesn’t make sense to collect so many documents from applicants if they tend to take their time. Especially they reached out to such high logs on CB. I could be wrong but I hope not.

Old 05-15-2023, 10:42 AM

I agree, but I wonder if anybody live there yet because when I pass by they were construction all around, couldn't even see the entrance properly. I guess we shall see!

Old 05-15-2023, 02:01 PM

59 posts, read 64,831 times
The construction, I believe is for the commercial sites on the ground floor. I have walked by and the entrance to the complex is finished and there is a receptionist attending the front desk. I doubt that they would pay a uniformed front desk person unnecessarily.

Is there a way to know if there are people living there already?

Old 05-15-2023, 02:14 PM

396 posts, read 372,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
The construction, I believe is for the commercial sites on the ground floor. I have walked by and the entrance to the complex is finished and there is a receptionist attending the front desk. I doubt that they would pay a uniformed front desk person unnecessarily.

Is there a way to know if there are people living there already?
I think some MR already moved in. They left a very good review on google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery