Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2023, 08:06 AM

83 posts, read 61,721 times

Advertisements

Are they up to log number 24,000?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2023, 09:33 AM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
Are they up to log number 24,000?
They've passed 30xxx CB, not sure about GP.

Congrats jpbnomad on your apartment, it is so beautiful and sunny!!

Old 11-07-2023, 03:01 PM

41 posts, read 28,725 times
I got an email to submit documents. If I complete the questionnaire and upload the required docs in Pronton Portal. Do I still need to submit docs through Housing Connect 2? Or I could just simply ignore HC2?

Noted that in Pronton, there's no submit button or place to e-sign. It just felt weird and uncompleted.

And usually what is the next step and how long will it take?

Thank you guys!

Old 11-07-2023, 03:49 PM

98 posts, read 62,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
I got an email to submit documents. If I complete the questionnaire and upload the required docs in Pronton Portal. Do I still need to submit docs through Housing Connect 2? Or I could just simply ignore HC2?

Noted that in Pronton, there's no submit button or place to e-sign. It just felt weird and uncompleted.

And usually what is the next step and how long will it take?

Thank you guys!
Congrats! I only submitted docs in HC the first round; after that, I uploaded the second and third round docs to Pronto Housing. If your finances are eligible, you complete a Tenant Income Certification, they assign a unit and send your file to HPD for approval; then you schedule a date to view the apartment and sign lease. It was about 3 months from document request to HPD submission for me, but I can't imagine that's the standard. Others in the thread seemed to move on a 2-3 weeks timeline.

Old 11-08-2023, 09:15 AM

Default Congrats and Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon7mouse View Post
Congrats! I only submitted docs in HC the first round; after that, I uploaded the second and third round docs to Pronto Housing. If your finances are eligible, you complete a Tenant Income Certification, they assign a unit and send your file to HPD for approval; then you schedule a date to view the apartment and sign lease. It was about 3 months from document request to HPD submission for me, but I can't imagine that's the standard. Others in the thread seemed to move on a 2-3 weeks timeline.
I appreciate your input! So you've got your apt at Ruby already? Congrats to you too!

I was kinda worried that if I missed any documents that they need to see, because it asked for ALL required documents at once for processing or i could get rejection for missing anything. Now it seems like I could possibly have another rounds to provide additional doc if I missed or per their requests! Ugh very excited and nervous at the same time.

Anyone thinks the same as me that the Pronton asked a bit TOO MUCH information and documents? It feels uncomfortable to share too much of your personal and financial information than necessary through a 3rd party, although I understand it's for qualification test.

Old 11-08-2023, 09:22 AM

I see some people responded and provide docs right away after they get the email from HC2, like within 24/48 hours.

Does it matter? Like they are supposed to wait 2-weeks for you to submit docs till the deadline pass to start considering the next candidate right? I worry if I could miss the spot if I don't respond promptly!

Old 11-08-2023, 01:04 PM

23 posts, read 15,875 times
Hello. I have some questions. I received an email from Ruby about uploading documents into Pronto housing 1 week ago. My log number 2** I don't know its mean. I uploaded documents there.
What is my chances to get the lease after this step and what is the estimated time to finish process after receiving this email?
Thank you so much

Old 11-08-2023, 01:54 PM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baykalt View Post
Hello. I have some questions. I received an email from Ruby about uploading documents into Pronto housing 1 week ago. My log number 2** I don't know its mean. I uploaded documents there.
What is my chances to get the lease after this step and what is the estimated time to finish process after receiving this email?
Thank you so much
Do you have any preference? Like CB, mobility or City employe? It depends on how many units you’re eligible and how many remaining in your Ami as well. You can check the spreadsheet to kinda figure how long it usually takes. Good luck!

Old 11-08-2023, 02:01 PM

23 posts, read 15,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthenancy View Post
Do you have any preference? Like CB, mobility or City employe? It depends on how many units you’re eligible and how many remaining in your Ami as well. You can check the spreadsheet to kinda figure how long it usually takes. Good luck!
I'm City employee and waiting for 80 AMI studio. According to email studio is the only 80 AMI available.
Does it matter the rank of log number, does it give any idea about chances or is that just random ticket Id?
According to your answer I understand that receiving that prontohousing email is not guaranteeing anything even though there are available 80 AMI studios.

Thank you!

Old 11-08-2023, 02:16 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baykalt View Post
I'm City employee and waiting for 80 AMI studio. According to email studio is the only 80 AMI available.
Does it matter the rank of log number, does it give any idea about chances or is that just random ticket Id?
According to your answer I understand that receiving that prontohousing email is not guaranteeing anything even though there are available 80 AMI studios.

Thank you!
They go in log # order within your household, AMI, and any preference category. The assignment of a log number was random but the processing order is not.

You are right, there is no guarantee when they ask for documents because #1, you have to actually qualify based on their review of your documents and the additional they will likely ask for, and #2, they reach out to more people for documents than they have apartments available. #2 is because many people either don't qualify, don't respond, or choose to withdraw for whatever reason. You should be hopeful having received a request for documents, assuming you do qualify, but nothing is for sure until you sign a lease because people with a lower logs may claim all the units before they get to you. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery