Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2023, 12:47 PM

41 posts, read 28,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baykalt View Post
According to their messages, they gave 60+ units already. (70-80 1br and 70-80-130 2br and 70 3br). There are 144 units in total. 72 for CB, 7 ME, 7 Mobility, 2 Vision. And 56 others.

Available are now ( less than 84 units)
70 AMI Studio 19 unit
80 AMI Studio 20 unit
130 AMI Studio 19 unit (almost market price)
130 AMI 1br 26 unit

For 56 non-preferences mostly 130 AMI apartments will stay.

And, do you know if the studios are any different on the 70, 80 and 130 AMI? Sqft? Floodplain/layout?
Or they are all the same, just for different income level to qualify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 01:03 PM

23 posts, read 15,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
And, do you know if the studios are any different on the 70, 80 and 130 AMI? Sqft? Floodplain/layout?
Or they are all the same, just for different income level to qualify.
I have no idea. I just wrote that post according to housing connect website's list and what ruby marketing told me 2 weeks ago. I don't know how are they showing or giving apartments. I sent the files at 10/30. Still reviewing

Old 11-16-2023, 05:43 PM

5 posts, read 4,180 times
130 AMI one bedroom is over $3100. It's still relatively high price for $100K income people. Since the building is very new, it's hard to walk away.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:53 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangzi View Post
130 AMI one bedroom is over $3100. It's still relatively high price for $100K income people. Since the building is very new, it's hard to walk away.
Actually $3100 is below median rent for a one bedroom in most of Manhattan below Harlem.

https://www.mns.com/manhattan_rental_market_report

As for a "new" building being difficult to walk away from I don't know if that is wholly true.

Everyone has different priorities. Households higher up income ladder have ability to be choosy about where they live.

New isn't always best. Plenty of people move into new construction only to move right back out a year or so later into an older building.

It doesn't help matters that no shortage of new construction is quite frankly garbage. This goes for multi-family (rentals and condos) and private homes. Shoddy construction, HVAC issues, elevator issues, and so it goes.

Old 11-18-2023, 08:38 AM

I checked my application at housing connect today and I saw a different message about my ME eligibility.
Do you know what does this mean? My employer is MTA, isn't it considered as Municipal Employee?
My log number is 2xx.

"Your application was reached for a set aside or preference unit. Unfortunately, you do not meet the guidelines for the set aside or preference or the unit for which you qualify is not a set aside unit.

Your application is on hold and may be reached in the general pool of applicants. If so, you will get another request to upload and submit updated documents.

Questions? Visit the FAQ page.

Reason for this determination:
Does not meet preference/set aside requirement - NYC Employee
Applicant is not an Municipal Employee."

Old 11-18-2023, 09:09 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
I checked my application at housing connect today and I saw a different message about my ME eligibility.
Do you know what does this mean? My employer is MTA, isn't it considered as Municipal Employee?
My log number is 2xx.

"Your application was reached for a set aside or preference unit. Unfortunately, you do not meet the guidelines for the set aside or preference or the unit for which you qualify is not a set aside unit.

Your application is on hold and may be reached in the general pool of applicants. If so, you will get another request to upload and submit updated documents.

Questions? Visit the FAQ page.

Reason for this determination:
Does not meet preference/set aside requirement - NYC Employee
Applicant is not an Municipal Employee."
I actually don’t think MTA is considered a NYC government agency. What entity is on your paystubs? If you are on NYC government payroll your paycheck will say “City of New York” not “Metropolitan Transit Authority” “NYCT” or anything else.

Marketing handbook pg 37:https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

List of NYC government agencies (MTA not listed): https://www.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/agencies.page

Old 11-18-2023, 10:06 AM

883 posts, read 1,370,471 times
Quote:
My log number is 2xx.
From my understanding the MTA is controlled by the State of New York and not the city. Municipal employees refers to those employees who work for city government agencies like NYPD, FDNY, Sanitation, or NYC public schools to name a few. There's a lot of confusion around this because the MTA operates heavily in NYC but New York City Transit employees still don't work for a city agency and thus wouldn't be considered municipal employees.

Old 11-18-2023, 10:30 AM

54 posts, read 52,274 times
How high do you guys think ME priority will reach? I’m 16xx with ME priority. Do I have a shot?

Old 11-18-2023, 10:30 AM

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out now. Probably because of being complicated they rejected.

1. Paycheck says "Triborough Bridge & Tunnel Authority".
2. Proof of employment says "Metropolitan Transportation Authority "
3. Offer letter says "MTA Bridges and Tunnels. This position is associated with a non-competitive Civil
Service title of Community Coordinator"

Also as far as I remembered during interview process, NYC did additional background checks as well after MTA Bridge and Tunnels. NYC is making some online trainings like we are NYC employees.

I think keyword of being NYC employee was the "Civil Service title of Community Coordinator". I don't know how to check or prove though.

Is there any phone number or email address I can ask this question with details? Because when I asked to HR, HR told that we are city employee.

I'm trying these email addresses but they are not responsive.
"ruby@prontohousing.io ; ruby@housingpartnership.com"

Old 11-18-2023, 05:03 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out now. Probably because of being complicated they rejected.

1. Paycheck says "Triborough Bridge & Tunnel Authority".
2. Proof of employment says "Metropolitan Transportation Authority "
3. Offer letter says "MTA Bridges and Tunnels. This position is associated with a non-competitive Civil
Service title of Community Coordinator"

Also as far as I remembered during interview process, NYC did additional background checks as well after MTA Bridge and Tunnels. NYC is making some online trainings like we are NYC employees.

I think keyword of being NYC employee was the "Civil Service title of Community Coordinator". I don't know how to check or prove though.

Is there any phone number or email address I can ask this question with details? Because when I asked to HR, HR told that we are city employee.

I'm trying these email addresses but they are not responsive.
"ruby@prontohousing.io ; ruby@housingpartnership.com"
There is your answer right there. You are employed by a division of MTA but never the less under state agency umbrella.

https://new.mta.info/about#:~:text=T...nsive%20assets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTA_Bridges_and_Tunnels

For instance before NYC begged MTA to take it over New York City Transit was a city agency. It isn't anymore and thus all those employees are part of MTA.

There are some subtle differences that affect some agencies. For instance Metro-North, LIRR and SIRT all once were part of private railroads. Thus still today those employed by those divisions are not covered under NYS's Taylor Laws while NYCTA employees are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery