Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2023, 02:34 PM

41 posts, read 28,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baykalt View Post
I asked a similar question recently after seeing they are reaching bigger log numbers for general. My log number is 2xx and Once they reached out me for city employee preference, then it turned out I'm not a city employee.

Below is their (Ruby's) answer this week and nobody reached me yet.

"When and if we reach your log number for our General Preference applicants, we will reach out to you with an update/further information. Thank you for your patience"
Exact same situation and response. It's confusing. They don't actually answer your questions, just vague I am 7XX btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzgivemehousing View Post
log #1xxx (higher end lol) and 70-80% AMI
Do you have any preference?
If you are no preference, then they are on 1XXX log in general preference, but either 2XX or 7XX in this tread was contacted... Also from the spreadsheet, there are a few 5XX that are No Contact yet.

Old 12-27-2023, 03:41 PM

56 posts, read 40,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmmmq View Post
If you are no preference, then they are on 1XXX log in general preference, but either 2XX or 7XX in this tread was contacted... Also from the spreadsheet, there are a few 5XX that are No Contact yet.
I have log 444 general preference and they haven't reached out yet neither.

Old 12-27-2023, 04:18 PM

394 posts, read 371,499 times
Quote:
That happened to me too. My log is 5xx but someone with log 6xx was contacted one month before me. I’m assuming agents were assigned different batches and it depends on their processing speed

Old 12-27-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
That happened to me too. My log is 5xx but someone with log 6xx was contacted one month before me. I’m assuming agents were assigned different batches and it depends on their processing speed
Maybe, there is really no way to know how this process works?

Or could it mean the lower log # that were not contacted means they didn't get selected by the lottery?

Old 12-27-2023, 05:24 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:
Maybe, there is really no way to know how this process works?

Or could it mean the lower log # that were not contacted means they didn't get selected by the lottery?
You can read the HPD manual which details how the processing and selection works.

https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...dbook-8-21.pdf

The lottery is the random assignment of log numbers, then they go in order of log taking in to account preference categories and household size and AMI vs the available units. Each agency has their own process to actually manage the workload of processing applicants but once you have your log, it is anything but random who is selected to be processed.

Old 12-27-2023, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Was the 6xx person of the exact same AMI and household size as you? If not, that could definitely be the reason, y'all wouldn't be being considered for the same apartments and there could very well be more applicants with lower logs than you in the same category as you than in their category.

Old 12-27-2023, 09:11 PM

10 posts, read 7,992 times
Hello,

I got contacted to submit docs on both Housing connect and Pronto on 12/18/2023. I ended up doing this 5 days later because I honestly got busy and forgot. For some reason there is no submit button on pronto. Is this usual for most people? I ended up uploading on pronto and submitting to Housing connect anyway. I am not a cb member but I do work in NYC. My log # is 24xx. I just want to know if I have a chance still or am I too high of a log #?

Old 12-27-2023, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf_stephon View Post
Hello,

I got contacted to submit docs on both Housing connect and Pronto on 12/18/2023. I ended up doing this 5 days later because I honestly got busy and forgot. For some reason there is no submit button on pronto. Is this usual for most people? I ended up uploading on pronto and submitting to Housing connect anyway. I am not a cb member but I do work in NYC. My log # is 24xx. I just want to know if I have a chance still or am I too high of a log #?
If you go back a few pages on here you'll see many people had the issue submitting on pronto and they have shared their experience. If you also submitted on HC, you should be fine.

If they requested docs, you definitely have a chance. They wouldn't be requesting docs if they had 0 units you appear to qualify for available. That said, there is no guarantee as people with lower logs may accept the available units before they get to your number for final approval.

Also note, that working *in* NYC provides 0 benefit. There is a general preference for NYC residents but that applies to most applicants, and would apply even if they worked outside of NYC. This lottery has a 5% set-aside preference for NYC municipal employees, as in, those who work for the city government/a city agency. If you are a municipal employee, that might provide you some benefit although 5% of units is a small number and they may already be filled.

Old 12-28-2023, 07:02 AM

10 posts, read 7,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
If you go back a few pages on here you'll see many people had the issue submitting on pronto and they have shared their experience. If you also submitted on HC, you should be fine.

If they requested docs, you definitely have a chance. They wouldn't be requesting docs if they had 0 units you appear to qualify for available. That said, there is no guarantee as people with lower logs may accept the available units before they get to your number for final approval.

Also note, that working *in* NYC provides 0 benefit. There is a general preference for NYC residents but that applies to most applicants, and would apply even if they worked outside of NYC. This lottery has a 5% set-aside preference for NYC municipal employees, as in, those who work for the city government/a city agency. If you are a municipal employee, that might provide you some benefit although 5% of units is a small number and they may already be filled.
Well that’s good to know. Fingers crossed that they still have units by time they get to me.

That’s true, I’m a teacher in NYC so I count as a municipal employee. Hopefully the 5% hasn’t already been filled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery