Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2024, 03:26 PM

28 posts, read 30,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnyc718 View Post
Hi all, I have a question. So the 2 months that are paid (Full month and Security Deposit)...

Is the full month for the first month's rent?
Say I move in on April 1st. Would that be covered already since I made that payment? (Full Month)

I'm just confused as to where that Full Month payment is going. In my account, it says it's due, but I thought it would be covered. TIA!
I'd give Rachel from AFNY a call. I was also confused about this and she told me to call her and she explained to me, but I don't remember all the details so I don't want to relay inaccurate info to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2024, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylouwho123 View Post
Yes it is, and it's $250 per pet. The fee is waived for service/emotional support animals though!
Oh wow… that’s crazy

Old 02-23-2024, 11:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnyc718 View Post
I am assuming yes because I am adding my pet, and the fee is not waived.
Are pee fees legal for stabilized units in general? They aren't included in the list of legal fees:https://hcr.ny.gov/system/files/docu...44-12-2022.pdf

and the HCR website states

Owners cannot charge fees for the right to have a pet as this would constitute an unlawful rent increase.

https://hcr.ny.gov/leases#:~:text=Pe...nt%20increase.

Old 02-24-2024, 10:01 AM

45 posts, read 32,759 times
Yeah, this (https://hcr.ny.gov/system/files/docu...44-12-2022.pdf) definitely makes it sound illegal to charge pet fees in rent stabilized apartments:

"Unlawful Fees:
Fees for background checks on rent stabilized tenants in occupancy. Fees cannot be charged to the tenant for a background check on a prospective roommate or additional family member.
Pet security deposits or fees for a service animal are in violation of the Fair Housing Act.
Effective November 21, 2022, fees (surcharges) for tenant-installed air conditioning units if the tenant pays for the electric utility service. Fees for owner installed air conditioner brackets are prohibited.
Fees including but not limited to damage fees, repair fees of any kind including those incurred for removal of municipal violations, painting fees, cleaning fees and other fees not established by or in excess of the amount allowed by the rent regulations or other municipal regulations are prohibited. Please note that the inappropriateness of imposing these fees through the lease may not necessarily prevent an owner from independently seeking other relief in court for objectionable conduct or damages.
The $20 fee that must be paid by owners to the municipality for each stabilized apartment cannot be passed along as a fee to the tenant."

Old 02-26-2024, 09:39 AM

11 posts, read 11,975 times
Hello! Does anyone know what log number the team has reached so far?

Old 02-26-2024, 03:57 PM

11 posts, read 10,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn987 View Post
Hello! Does anyone know what log number the team has reached so far?
Hoping for an update too!

Old 02-26-2024, 07:35 PM

173 posts, read 155,294 times
losing hope on this one! as per Brittany looks like nothing but studios will be left... This is very discouraging.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:54 AM

292 posts, read 272,494 times
We are still deep in the process but from what I can see we will have high AMI units available when we get to the general population. Low AMI studios also.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:08 AM

8 posts, read 7,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
We are still deep in the process but from what I can see we will have high AMI units available when we get to the general population. Low AMI studios also.
Hi Brittany!

I sent you a direct message about my situation. If you can please review I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:12 AM

22 posts, read 16,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
are the units (studios, 1 bedroom, etc...) reserved for CB the same pool of units reserved for GP? I imagined they are separate pools, but I want to be sure. ORRR are all the units in any particular AMI all shared amongst all categories of applicants and selection schedule is based on preference & log #?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery