Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 04:50 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yes truuee! You need that nice nice gym! Well the process will take a while and maybe by then the BC LT will be finished and you can see what the discount will actually be and if it's worth staying for. Cheaper rent doesn't hurt either.
Yeah so if the floor plans on Streeteasy are accurate, those one bedrooms and studios are pretty small. I’ve looked at most of the one bedrooms and most are under 500 sq ft, I saw one that was 568. The studios all in the 300+ range. If those are market rate, I can’t imagine the lottery ones and at that price point, yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2023, 04:00 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
This buildings exterior looks hideous. wtf??? BUT.. and there is a BUT… the apts are nice and the location is GOOD. not for me, but good luck to all

Old 11-30-2023, 04:18 PM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Not sure why but they took down this photo from the housing connect page.

Maybe the plans offered for lottery units wouldn't have as much space, i was most exited for people to get such an awesome place, not sure why they removed it.
Attached Thumbnails
New Lottery: 375 Dean Street Apartments-375-dean-street-apartments-4.png  

Old 11-30-2023, 04:24 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yeah so if the floor plans on Streeteasy are accurate, those one bedrooms and studios are pretty small. I’ve looked at most of the one bedrooms and most are under 500 sq ft, I saw one that was 568. The studios all in the 300+ range. If those are market rate, I can’t imagine the lottery ones and at that price point, yikes.
If you decide to apply, (I think) you’d have a good chance. They have CB preference- although I’m not 100% sure this building is exactly in your community. . But if it is, it will be worth seeing how the apartments are different- if they are - from lottery units. I don’t think they may be but we will see!

Old 11-30-2023, 04:40 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
If you decide to apply, (I think) you’d have a good chance. They have CB preference- although I’m not 100% sure this building is exactly in your community. . But if it is, it will be worth seeing how the apartments are different- if they are - from lottery units. I don’t think they may be but we will see!
It's 1.5 blocks from BC but it's CB 6, we're CB 2, no pref. Only downside of living at the intersection of so many neighborhoods, we're also on the edge of 3 CBs.

Old 11-30-2023, 04:42 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Not sure why but they took down this photo from the housing connect page.

Maybe the plans offered for lottery units wouldn't have as much space, i was most exited for people to get such an awesome place, not sure why they removed it.
Darn! I don't think I've seen them remove pics before. Maybe they saw us on here excited and didn't want to raise expectations. Too bad

Old 11-30-2023, 05:04 PM

529 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Darn! I don't think I've seen them remove pics before. Maybe they saw us on here excited and didn't want to raise expectations. Too bad
Yup, that picture was what made me take a few takes and I was thinking OMG what amazing light and space for a lottery unit.

I seriously drooled over it a few times. I still hope the units are nice but this looks like a faux pas that was undone.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:15 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
You never know, so stop with the negativity!

A while ago, someone on these forums scored a one bedroom apartment with a balcony overlooking the Hudson river at 57 Via West. I was so jealous but at the same time, it made me feel better since these things are literally possible!

Old 11-30-2023, 06:34 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:

A while ago, someone on these forums scored a one bedroom apartment with a balcony overlooking the Hudson river at 57 Via West. I was so jealous but at the same time, it made me feel better since these things are literally possible!
Nah this is sus. I obsessed over the pics on Streeteasy and if accurate, those apts will be tiny af.

A friend who is a leasing manager often tour new buildings, I’ll have to ask if this is on her list and if yes, her feedback…

Old 11-30-2023, 09:21 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
Quote:

I got called for via 57 apartments like 4 times already...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: