Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,120 times

Advertisements

What about baruch houses I just transferred my application there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 09:50 PM

624 posts, read 982,218 times
I don't know which is the best, but one time on a bike ride through queens I went up into Astoria and there is one housing project on the water front and the bike path actually takes you around it. If I had to live in the PJs, that doesn't seem like a bad place to be. I don't remember what the name was or how (un)safe it actually is.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,118 times
How can I apply for an apt? Online/in person if so, what's the site? Can u choose the ones u want r do they just give u an area to pick from? What are the qualifications?

Old 06-19-2015, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,691 times
Bronx river houses for me are good and safe mg mother lives there. .. I applied for nycha since 2010. And I did appied again in 2014.. I received a letter relate to butler houses but now I have to wait to they have something avaible for me... do u know if it takes too long?

Old 07-12-2016, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,147 times
244 east 28 St. The scaffold is still there and seems to be know one working on it. At night you can see fat Rats in the back of the building the size of cats well feed from the garbage spilled over and not probable stored in metal container's. not well kept or maintained.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:34 PM

3 posts, read 2,666 times
How can you really get into the best City Housing PJ's? I have applied by filling out the NYCHA Application and they put you in the worst places and the best are never an option. People Stay and never move! Can't say I blame them rents are very high and you get less for your money

Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrklyn View Post
How can you really get into the best City Housing PJ's? I have applied by filling out the NYCHA Application and they put you in the worst places and the best are never an option. People Stay and never move! Can't say I blame them rents are very high and you get less for your money
if nycha gives u a list to choose from, and you dont like what's on it, don't move. ask them for the development, and size apartment of your choice, and see what they respond with

Old 02-16-2017, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,683 times
I'm sure you'll need heat in the winter and hot water always, especially with a 4 year old. Please!!!!! Do not pick Jackie Robinson Houses in East Harlem 128 & 129 st bet. Lexington and Park Avenue. Those essentials you will not get. It's disgraceful. Been here 17 yrs. and the same mess has been going on. I'm a senior, put in for a transfer over 7 yrs. ago and it didn't happen yet.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:37 AM

6 posts, read 7,878 times
if you got the selection then its empty and they just fixin up so thats it

Old 09-30-2018, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times
Would you say Pelham Parkway house are safer when compared to the others. Need some input. I will see an apt tomorrow on Mace ave. I wwanr last week and spoke to a few current tenants of which all had pretty good feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery