Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,882,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.vivi View Post
I just had my interview for the east river houses in manhattan. do anyone have any info on this projects. also do anyone know if the apartments are small
one of the worst projects in east harlem. violent, and gang infested. i don't like them. extremely unkept. not a fan of their apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 PM

[quote=SuperMario;26003169]Ha, it's paradise compared to the others on the list. Do you realize the other projects mentioned are arguably the worst in the entire borough?[/QUOTE throgs neck is going in that direction. take a trip up there, and see for yourself. nighttime.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Millbrook is a classic housing project which defines and sets the standards for Mott Haven.
very true, along with mott haven, and patterson. those 3 are the main ones.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Those are some rough projects you picked. From what I have scene and experience ed you would probablty be better off at moore house projects especially since its near st Marys park. The other 3 developments are hell and dangerous.

I know millbrook and its often nick named killbrook due to high rate of shootings.c if I'm not mistaken someone lite up a police patty wagon with an assault rifle or submachine gun in or around millbrook.

Melrose is another no brained to avoid. This past year someone got shot in the head outside that housing development. I walked passed melrose housing project a few weeks ago usual hood stuff, guys hanging around the corner drink 40s lighting up and selling weed and catcalling women.

Butler pj's used to be one of the most dangerous housing pj in the south Bronx a decade ago. I don't know how much has changed in that area. Last time I visited that area was ten years ago and I too saw a thick pool of blood over the tressel on park avenue at butler projects and this was at night to attend a baby shower.
i co-sign on this. the jackson houses are to be avoided at all costs. that guy that posts up in front of the BP gas station, asking for money for his kids, is from the projects nearby as well. i tell him to "get a job" quite often.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:07 AM

11 posts, read 34,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
one of the worst projects in east harlem. violent, and gang infested. i don't like them. extremely unkept. not a fan of their apartments.
whats wrong with the apartments?

Old 09-29-2012, 07:34 AM

4 posts, read 15,347 times
The person that put castle hill has the first choice for the worse housing project is stupid and apparently doesnt know what they are talking about!!!!! Castle hill would be my first choice i was born and raised out there and never seen anything too crazy and if you have children that location would be your best bet Webster should be the worst right along with patterson courtland

Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 PM

22 posts, read 67,615 times
Default good nycha project in manhatten and brooklyn (i need help making a selection)

PLEZ HELP ME MAKE THE BEST SELECTION..hi im a single mom of a 4 year old boy currently residing family sheltor in harlem but im from brooklyn i been approved for housing i need help making the best selection i know the project arent the best place to live but this is temporary until i plan to move out of state here are the listing they gave me for my manhatten and brooklyn.....NOTE:i dont know if i wanna move back to brooklyn or stay in manhatten so confused HELP ME OUT THANKS GUYS

brooklyn:
albany
tompkin
langston huges

manhatten:
Drew Hamilton: W142nd st & Adam Clayton powell
Frederick E. Samuel Apts: W 144th St & Adam Clayton powell
Harlem River I: W 151st & Adam Clayton powell. some walk ups
Jackie Robinson: E 128th st & Lexington ave
Johnson: E 114th st & Lexington ave -- This is my first choice
Polo Grounds Towers: W155th st & Frederick Douglass
Rangel: W 159th st & harlem River Dr,

Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 PM

34,076 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfrombklyn View Post
PLEZ HELP ME MAKE THE BEST SELECTION..hi im a single mom of a 4 year old boy currently residing family sheltor in harlem but im from brooklyn i been approved for housing i need help making the best selection i know the project arent the best place to live but this is temporary until i plan to move out of state here are the listing they gave me for my manhatten and brooklyn.....NOTE:i dont know if i wanna move back to brooklyn or stay in manhatten so confused HELP ME OUT THANKS GUYS

brooklyn:
albany
tompkin
langston huges

manhatten:
Drew Hamilton: W142nd st & Adam Clayton powell
Frederick E. Samuel Apts: W 144th St & Adam Clayton powell
Harlem River I: W 151st & Adam Clayton powell. some walk ups
Jackie Robinson: E 128th st & Lexington ave
Johnson: E 114th st & Lexington ave -- This is my first choice
Polo Grounds Towers: W155th st & Frederick Douglass
Rangel: W 159th st & harlem River Dr,
None of those are really good....might as well stick with ur 1st choice.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM

22 posts, read 67,615 times
im only able to pick one development not even one out of the list is decent??? i did visit two already which were drew hamilton and fredrick samuel and fredrick samuel is a tenament building not the project

Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,045,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfrombklyn View Post
im only able to pick one development not even one out of the list is decent??? i did visit two already which were drew hamilton and fredrick samuel and fredrick samuel is a tenament building not the project
I agree with Seventh. I can vouch for the Harlem one's not being any good. Throw the names in a hat and pick one out. You get more of the same with all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery