Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 04:58 PM

3 posts, read 10,444 times

Advertisements

is Wald Housing a good area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,247,439 times
Best is the one that's furthest from where you live. Worst is the closest.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:30 PM

163 posts, read 485,108 times
Sorry, that I had not replied in sucha long time. My apt was given Dec 2010 so they called me pretty fast. thanks everyone for the advice.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 PM

143 posts, read 299,144 times
I know this thread is about the Bronx but curious. How are the projects on 27th-28th streets on 2nd ave.
Anyone know how it is walking around there at night specifically walking to the subway on 28th & Lex. I've been meaning to visit someone who lives in Kips Bay Court but have heard it's not ok to venture out there at night??

Also, are the Pomonok Houses in Flushing still considered safe? Last time I heard, they are now dangerous?? Heard Bland is still ok (better in fact with the presence of Skyview Mall) but there have been shootings/killings reported there as well. Guess the projects are still...the projects! Hence, my original question. How are the projects on 2nd Avenue?

Old 07-12-2013, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,093 times
Anybody please tell me if the pomonok projects a safe plce to live witj a 15/12 yr olds. Thanx

Old 07-13-2013, 07:31 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,913,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfrombklyn View Post
PLEZ HELP ME MAKE THE BEST SELECTION..hi im a single mom of a 4 year old boy currently residing family sheltor in harlem but im from brooklyn i been approved for housing i need help making the best selection i know the project arent the best place to live but this is temporary until i plan to move out of state here are the listing they gave me for my manhatten and brooklyn.....NOTE:i dont know if i wanna move back to brooklyn or stay in manhatten so confused HELP ME OUT THANKS GUYS

brooklyn:
albany
tompkin
langston huges

manhatten:
Drew Hamilton: W142nd st & Adam Clayton powell
Frederick E. Samuel Apts: W 144th St & Adam Clayton powell
Harlem River I: W 151st & Adam Clayton powell. some walk ups
Jackie Robinson: E 128th st & Lexington ave
Johnson: E 114th st & Lexington ave -- This is my first choice
Polo Grounds Towers: W155th st & Frederick Douglass
Rangel: W 159th st & harlem River Dr,
if you have to, go with Johnson.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 AM

25,387 posts, read 37,130,658 times
I'd recommend STANLEY ISAAC HOUSES strictly on the basis of their location at 93rd and First Avenue.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 3,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfrombklyn View Post
PLEZ HELP ME MAKE THE BEST SELECTION..hi im a single mom of a 4 year old boy currently residing family sheltor in harlem but im from brooklyn i been approved for housing i need help making the best selection i know the project arent the best place to live but this is temporary until i plan to move out of state here are the listing they gave me for my manhatten and brooklyn.....NOTE:i dont know if i wanna move back to brooklyn or stay in manhatten so confused HELP ME OUT THANKS GUYS

brooklyn:
albany
tompkin
langston huges

manhatten:
Drew Hamilton: W142nd st & Adam Clayton powell
Frederick E. Samuel Apts: W 144th St & Adam Clayton powell
Harlem River I: W 151st & Adam Clayton powell. some walk ups
Jackie Robinson: E 128th st & Lexington ave
Johnson: E 114th st & Lexington ave -- This is my first choice
Polo Grounds Towers: W155th st & Frederick Douglass
Rangel: W 159th st & harlem River Dr,

All of those east harlem projects are heavily gang infested....

Old 07-16-2013, 02:37 PM

273 posts, read 673,443 times
I have heard Pomonok is still OK but not as safe as it used to be - there has een a rise in drug dealing according to a co-worker who lives about a mile from them.

I don't think Pomonok will ever slide to being the worst, one of the top schools in the City University of New York - Queens College has invested in dorms and its undergrad programs over the years and it is across from the Pomonok Houses.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 PM

398 posts, read 1,394,113 times
Pelham parkway projects is the worst today from what I've seen on the Internet. I don't remember them ever having a real bad reputation but I read online a little while ago that they call part of the projects there Syria because its so bad in that particular area of the housing project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery