Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 22,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
i live in si and haven't really been to the south bronx much (but i have been to stapleton), but i doubt the stapleton houses are more dangerous than the south bronx projects you mentioned.
that's what i heard. Darn... I should've investigated myself instead of relying on people that i know. Lol. Thank u... I never lived in the projects before but my mom lives around the corner from webster projects and we know the whole area... I can always say i'm not interested and be put on a waiting list. I cirrently have feps and i'm in no rush to move... What kills me is i have to pay a portion of the rent and pay light and gas... So, i applied for nycha to pay cheaper rent and pay no light and gas. Thank u...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,085,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces35 View Post
i recently got approved for four housing apts... They are:
Mill brook houses
butler houses
moore houses
melrose houses

i have til june 1st to decided which one i wanna choose but i don't know which one is the best... Can someone tell me which one is the safest? I know every housing projects is gonna have drama, drug dealers, etc... But, i don't wanna be locked in because it's too bad... I have three boys... I already heard about butler... I also got accepted to one in staten island (stapleton) but i denied it cuz i heard it was real bad... Can someone help me make a wise choice? Thank u so much...
I pity you. Those are all terrible projects. All the south Bronx projects are crap.

I've been to Butler (it's on Webster right?) and remember the first time I visited my friend, I saw a guy all bloodied laid out on the floor. Apparently he was stabbed by a group of guys for talking to one of the guys girl.

Milbrook I heard is even worse.

To be honest, just pick your poison.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 AM

510 posts, read 2,246,634 times
Quote:
What kills me is i have to pay a portion of the rent and pay light and gas... So, i applied for nycha to pay cheaper rent and pay no light and gas. Thank u...
Yeah, that's rough, having to...ya know...actually PAY for the services you use.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I pity you. Those are all terrible projects. All the south Bronx projects are crap.

I've been to Butler (it's on Webster right?) and remember the first time I visited my friend, I saw a guy all bloodied laid out on the floor. Apparently he was stabbed by a group of guys for talking to one of the guys girl.

wow. i feel like just not even moving to the projects... i don't want my kids seeing stuff like that. i mean, i keep to myself.... but, that is no way to live. makes me wanna send the application and tell them to put me on the waiting list until something better comes along!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
wow. i feel like just not even moving to the projects... i don't want my kids seeing stuff like that. i mean, i keep to myself.... but, that is no way to live. makes me wanna send the application and tell them to put me on the waiting list until something better comes along!
But this happened like 5-6 years ago. The last few times I've been to Webster/Butler houses it's been relatively quiet. There is a lot of police patrols in the area.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
But this happened like 5-6 years ago. The last few times I've been to Webster/Butler houses it's been relatively quiet. There is a lot of police patrols in the area.
okay... i'm just gonna go and creep around at night and see how all four projects really is at night. lol.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:31 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,120,739 times
Quote:

Millbrook = killbrook.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,120,739 times
Quote:
i recently got approved for four housing apts... They are:
Mill brook houses
butler houses
moore houses
melrose houses

i have til june 1st to decided which one i wanna choose but i don't know which one is the best... Can someone tell me which one is the safest? I know every housing projects is gonna have drama, drug dealers, etc... But, i don't wanna be locked in because it's too bad... I have three boys... I already heard about butler... I also got accepted to one in staten island (stapleton) but i denied it cuz i heard it was real bad... Can someone help me make a wise choice? Thank u so much...
Those are some rough projects you picked. From what I have scene and experience ed you would probablty be better off at moore house projects especially since its near st Marys park. The other 3 developments are hell and dangerous.

I know millbrook and its often nick named killbrook due to high rate of shootings.c if I'm not mistaken someone lite up a police patty wagon with an assault rifle or submachine gun in or around millbrook.

Melrose is another no brained to avoid. This past year someone got shot in the head outside that housing development. I walked passed melrose housing project a few weeks ago usual hood stuff, guys hanging around the corner drink 40s lighting up and selling weed and catcalling women.

Butler pj's used to be one of the most dangerous housing pj in the south Bronx a decade ago. I don't know how much has changed in that area. Last time I visited that area was ten years ago and I too saw a thick pool of blood over the tressel on park avenue at butler projects and this was at night to attend a baby shower.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,825,371 times
@ pisces35 food for thought on melrose houses and andrew jackson houses...
Street crews get younger and residents

Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ pisces35 food for thought on melrose houses and andrew jackson houses...
Street crews get younger and residents
Wow, I didn't know Melrose and Jackson houses where on that level of bad. Jesus.

Good find.

So definitely not Melrose and Millbrook. Butler is probably better nowadays than those two. Although, that's not saying much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery